PS3 doesn't read games after updating to 2.52

rayman2k2

Supreme [H]ardness
Has this happened to anyone? I updated firmware to 2.52, then created a PS3 online account, now it cannot read any gamedisks (will play DVD's though).

Is there a way to fix it? I did a full default system restore (after backing up my game saves to a USB thumbdrive) and no dice - hell it still has the exact same firmware version (2.52)

Anyone know about this? I hear people having to send it in to Sony out of warranty and pay 150 dollars to get it fixed, my warranty through Sony is out, but my credit card company gives me an extra year. Is there a way to roll back the firmware?

Didn't happen to me. And no you can't downgrade it .
But my PS3 can't read MGS4 but can read all my other games.
What game can't your PS3 play ?

Didn't happen to me. And no you can't downgrade it .
But my PS3 can't read MGS4 but can read all my other games.
What game can't your PS3 play ?

All of them. I was reading on the Sony forums, apparently the problem is pretty rampant.

There's no way to roll-back the firmware at this time. Try reformatting the HDD after backing everything up that you can. I've read that people with this issue were able to correct it by starting from scratch with the HDD. Why? The OS might have been corrupted or something, I don't know. But it seems to have worked for some.

Since your credit card company offers an extra year, try contacting them for more information on how you would go about using that warranty instead of having to send it in to Sony and paying the $150.

Has this happened to anyone? I updated firmware to 2.52, then created a PS3 online account, now it cannot read any gamedisks (will play DVD's though).

Is there a way to fix it? I did a full default system restore (after backing up my game saves to a USB thumbdrive) and no dice - hell it still has the exact same firmware version (2.52)

Anyone know about this? I hear people having to send it in to Sony out of warranty and pay 150 dollars to get it fixed, my warranty through Sony is out, but my credit card company gives me an extra year. Is there a way to roll back the firmware?

I have a launched 60gig ps3 and I had the same issue after updating also. What happen was It finished the update then it does the normal steps where it will eventually restart the ps3 after apllying the update then your back at the XMB menu. Well I notice the disk icon for whatever game I had in the ps3 drive was not even there under the game menu. So I ejected the disk put that one and couple other games in the drive still no drive icon inthe XMB game list/menu. SO all I did was turned off the ps3 and then turned it back on and it was back in bussiness.

Back