PS3 and netflix

Bigbacon

Fully [H]
Anyone else having huge issues with Netflix on the PS3 lately?

both of my PS3s have the same issue. it fails to connect forever unless I close netflix and reopen it. Now it won't play certain things but will still play others. PCs and even the Wii don't have this issue.

I've had that problem as well on my PS3. How I fixed it was by turning the system off and turning it back on again and logged in again. Works no problem after that. I don't know why it's doing that but, this is the only fix I have for it right now.

Yes, I have been having issues with Netflix on the PS3 lately ( I have the 80G fat). As stated earlier, I've had to turn it off and turn it back on which seems to work most of the time.

It's fine on the PC.

It feels like all this started happening after the PSN was brought back online after that long outage.

My biggest issue has been a lack of audio when I start playing a video. I haven't had connectivity issues, but since before the PSN hacks, sometimes when I go to Netflix, the video will play fine and no audio. I always just quit to the XMB and start back up and everything works find on the 2nd or 3rd try. That can be annoying though based on how long it can take to get to the XMB and back to Netflix.

Good to know its not just me. I rather use the ps3 netflix over xbox since it has 5.1 and Im watching lost and for some reason, on the xbox it constantly drops from hd and back up where as ps3 doesnt but in the past week or 2, the ps3 netflix takes a couple tries to see my library and then again to play the movie. A new thing started last night where sound was only coming out of my right rear speaker.
Hope they get on the ball and fix this. Nothing else has issues.

we use the PS3 all the time for netflix. I have 2 PS3 and it is annoying as hell. Last night we spent like 25 minutes just trying to it to work and just just switched to the media PC. The PS3 would get into netflix but when we hit play, it would just sit there and think about it forever.

Quitting a restarted doesn't always help but it seems to be the only solution.

I've been having random issues over the past month or so. I assumed that it was on netflix's end, as it wasn't working on my PS3 nor on my iphone. It always seems to work ok on my PC though

I've been having random issues over the past month or so. I assumed that it was on netflix's end, as it wasn't working on my PS3 nor on my iphone. It always seems to work ok on my PC though

I've got a few devices that play netflix -- ps3, wii, xbox, tivo, pc. Every time it fails on the PS3, I tried another device or two, and it worked fine. When I go back to the ps3, I get the same problem... gray screen of death.

I know netflix had an outage a few weeks back, but that generated an error for me. This gray screen is what I see about 50% of the time using the ps3 (60gb model) to play netflix. It's a shame, too, because I think the ps3 has the best client available for netflix...

The ps3 works okay for me, it's really slow getting through the titles, and it plays fine, but if I try to fast forward or anything, it goes really slow.

I also have this problem. It ALWAYS says it can't connect the first time. I then quit and restart, and it fires right up. Does anyone else sometimes have a differen't menu once loaded ? Every once in awhile it'll boot up in a grey menu with all the genres on the right instead of left.

I'm having the same issue... I have a 60 gb fat and a 160 gb slim, issue happens on both.

Back