PS3...60GB or 80GB?

German Muscle

Supreme [H]ardness
Im looking to buy a PS3, Ive heard that the 60GB is better but dont know why i should get one over the 80GB Motorstorm combo. Anyone give me the pros/cons of each? Thanks in advance.

the 60gb has hardware PS2 playback. The 80gb is software emulation. So if PS2 compatiablity is a major must for you the 60 is sure bet though I have yet to find a game I have that doesn't work fine on my 80gb.

Aren't there only 40's or 80's left? Unless ur buying used or u found a store with 60's in stock.

60's are still out in the wild, my kmart has 4 of them, and no 40's or 80's.

That being said, i got an 80 for xmas, if i need ps2 compatibility, i'll bust out the ol' ps2.

Returned my 80GB to Walmart and picked up a 60GB at Sam's Club. Sam's had like 25 of the 60ies and only like five 80ies and five 40ies. Lucky me!

as people have said earlier

the 60 is big if you plan on using it to play ps2 games as well.

there are lots of known issues with even big name titles on the 80gb

I'd get the 60gb over the 80 simply for the hardware emulation, you can always change the hdd to something larger on the 60gb version, it's actually quite easy to do, no more difficult than changing a computer's hdd.

The 60s have better BC with PS2 games, but the 80s have better bluetooth connectivity. Take your pick.

The 60s have better BC with PS2 games, but the 80s have better bluetooth connectivity. Take your pick.

In what way? Links?

I'm not disputing what you said, I've just not heard that before.

*edit* To clarify, in what way is the bluetooth better?

If you havbe any desire to play PS2 games at all, get the 60. There is really no need to keep another system in your AV rack when you can condense things into one system.

If you've got a casual interest in playing PS2 games, get the 80gb.
Hardcore interest, track down a 60gb.
If you don't care about playing old games like 90% of consumers, get the 40gb and save the money for another game. Or import a Dual Shock III.

Back