PS3 40GB + Spider Man 3 for $320 at K-Mart

Believe it or not, many people have held off on purchasing either console up until this point, or always wanted a PS3 and were waiting for the price to drop. This thread is mainly for those people. The PS3 seems to be the better value for those deciding right now. By the same token, now that I have a PS3, why would I want to spend money on a 360 with few exclusives? :)

I dunno about few exclusives on the 360, but I do agree with you. This is definately a better deal than buying a 360 if you didn't have either.

buy the 80gig at K-Mart with this coupon, then return it to best buy without a receipt, and youll get ~550 gift card for spending ~430 at Kmart. Then use that gift card to buy either the 40gig PS3 or an xbox360. That way you save ~120 on either of these, and you can buy some games/controllers with this saved moniez.

my BB would not do that, they will not take a return without a receipt as they can look up the original purchaser via the serial #

Coupon worked like a charm in NY. I picked up the Halo Special Edition that my step son wanted for 346.00 out the door (8.65% NYC tax included). Going back next week. Thanks OP.

I used the coupon to purchase an 80 Gb PS3 and I tried to get the gift cards idea to work. My Kmart had no idea what I was talking about, could be because I am in NM.

I just walked back to the pharmacy and asked the lady for some flyers and she gave me about 10 of them.

I am going to go back and pick up an 8 Gb Nano Ipod from the store as well with the coupon it should be around 160 before tax instead of the normal 200. That is pretty much the best deal on an ipod that I have found.

I have to disagree if I didn't have either I would have to go with the 360. 4 games that PS3 doesn't have are Mass Effect, BioShock, GOW, Halo 3. I'll stop right there (there are actually alot more) PS3 has nothing of that caliber on their system as far as exclusive in you can't play them on a PS3.

I'd have to strongly disagree myself. GoW and BioShock are not technically exclusives since they're on the PC as well. In fact, Halo 3 and Mass Effect will probably both get PC releases in the future. BioShock on the PS3 next year is highly likely. The PS3 has true exclusives, and they aren't all futuristic FPS games. There's some variety. Kameo and Dead Rising would be your true exclusives.

Also alot of the cross platform games are flat out better on the 360.

FEAR is the only real standout. Crappy port, that was. Otherwise, the PS3 is usually equal or better. Oblivion and Assassin's Creed, for example, are reviewed as having a better FPS on the PS3.

Include the XBOX live and to me for gaming the 360 is the choice to get with this deal if you have neither.

$250 over five years for netplay is better than free on the PS3? Wow, I guess my wallet disagrees with you on this one, too.

$250 over five years for netplay is better than free on the PS3? Wow, I guess my wallet disagrees with you on this one, too.
When sony can deliver the quality online services that xbox live is then you have a right to complain that it costs money. You get what you pay for, xbox live you pay for and get a good service, ps3 you don't but the service isn't that great.

I'd have to strongly disagree myself. GoW and BioShock are not technically exclusives since they're on the PC as well. In fact, Halo 3 and Mass Effect will probably both get PC releases in the future. BioShock on the PS3 next year is highly likely. The PS3 has true exclusives, and they aren't all futuristic FPS games. There's some variety. Kameo and Dead Rising would be your true exclusives.

FEAR is the only real standout. Crappy port, that was. Otherwise, the PS3 is usually equal or better. Oblivion and Assassin's Creed, for example, are reviewed as having a better FPS on the PS3.

Yes some games I mentioned are not 360 exclusives but they are not on the PS3 and are just rumored to be coming not actually confirmed or there. So yeah if you have a high end pc (or like to wait )this would be a valid point on some of these games.Also most reviews I read and games i play either the 360 version is superior technically or has better options, true the gap is closing. Also one of the main complaints of PS3 owners is the horrible matchmaking of said free service that is why for me XBL is better .I'll pay my 50 a year for a good service. I really have nothing against the PS3(see my comments above)but if it was my first next gen system I was buying 360 all the way. Sony has really given only promises and hasn't delivered on much with this much competition Sony exclusive are well terrible in getting new buyers on to their hardware. How people ignore the great games on the 360 that cannot be had on the PS3 or PC (at least not for months and sometimes never) is really crazy. Do people hate Microsoft that much?

my BB would not do that, they will not take a return without a receipt as they can look up the original purchaser via the serial #

Best Buy definitely does take returns without a receipt. You have to take store credit, but that's not a big deal. I know people who work there and I've done it. They save your drivers license information though, as they only allow people a few no receipt returns a year. The person you tried this with obviously doesn't know the stores policy, you should talk to a manager about it. Don't mention anything about buying it with a 20% off coupon at K mart though. Good luck. 120 bucks off is better than 80!

yes:
I am beginning to hate microsoft. I spent so much time fixing those windows machines ( iam freahs from another fix last night). No matter what the hardware they always suffer from "windows fatigue". I do not know about game systems, but if the xbox has same windows stuff, i will personally not go after trouble

has anyone tried this with the giftcard special k mart had going in DE. buy a $50 dollar and get a $10 dollar card free? I keep seeing this on other sites but has it worked anywhere in DE?

When sony can deliver the quality online services that xbox live is then you have a right to complain that it costs money. You get what you pay for, xbox live you pay for and get a good service, ps3 you don't but the service isn't that great.

Can you go into more detail about why the PS3 service is bad? I've heard that it works great for online gaming. Pings well and has an easy interface. What else did you want me to pay that kind of money for?

Can you go into more detail about why the PS3 service is bad? I've heard that it works great for online gaming. Pings well and has an easy interface. What else did you want me to pay that kind of money for?

I don't think it's "bad", it's just lacking.. Very lacking at the moment. But I'm sure Sony will catch up soon.. Hopefully very soon.

has anyone tried this with the giftcard special k mart had going in DE. buy a $50 dollar and get a $10 dollar card free? I keep seeing this on other sites but has it worked anywhere in DE?

I read that it was a limited time offer for 11/10 through 11/11. So you can't seem to do it anymore.

It's just not as fully fleshed out with features as Live....and the 360 dashboard is much better looking and easier to use imo. The PS3 just feels like a "work in progress" compared to the 360/Xbox Live...but then again early adopters of the 360 probably felt the same way.

It's just not as fully fleshed out with features as Live....and the 360 dashboard is much better looking and easier to use imo. The PS3 just feels like a "work in progress" compared to the 360/Xbox Live...but then again early adopters of the 360 probably felt the same way.

Aesthetics are subjective, which is why I think it's nice that you can customize the PS3 interface with your own background or theme, as though it were a windows desktop. If the 360 did have a slight edge in the interface, I find $250 over the life of the console pretty steep just for that. I'd rather spend the money on more games, personally. Or possibly a second console. But yes, this is just my insane opinion. Carry on.

When I bought mine, I actually went to Giant Eagle and bought 500 worth of Sears gift cards,

Giant Eagle offers "fuel Perks" on gift card purchases ( actually double perks for the holiday season) for each 50.00 you spend at giant eagle you get .10 off a gallon of gas.

so with the double perks my 500 sears gift card got me 2.00 off a gallon of gas ( up to 30 gallons ) so 60.00 in free gas...

origonal cost of the PS3 and Ipod = 399 + 149 = 550.00

cost after coupon and gas perks: 320+120 = 420
420-60 in free gas = 360.00

$190.00 total savings on 2 items that never go on sale..

not bad...

d.

anyone get the printed copies to work? It says viod of copied but how many people have actually had it work?

anyone get the printed copies to work? It says viod of copied but how many people have actually had it work?

I've only seen a few posts about being rejected for a copied coupon. It probably works most of the time.

I bought the 80gb version for $ 377 out the door. 20% OFF Printed Coupon + 10% Extra for opening a Sears account that I will cut up asap.!
In the Binghamton NY Kmart

Not a good idea opening up a line of credit then immediately closing it...
But oh well, you got that extra 10% extra.

I bought the 80gb version for $ 377 out the door. 20% OFF Printed Coupon + 10% Extra for opening a Sears account that I will close asap.!

yeah, don't close it, just cut up the card.

I bought the 80gb version for $ 377 out the door. 20% OFF Printed Coupon + 10% Extra for opening a Sears account that I will close asap.!
Do they charge an annual fee for the Sears card? If not then just cut the card and cancel after a year or more..

I went to the ONLY local K-Mart that hasn't transitioned to Sears Essentials.

I didn't see that pamphlet anywhere. The pharmacist said he'd never seen or heard of it.
Is is possibly a regional thing? I'm in New England.

He did suggest that if it was a recently released pamphlet, that he just may not have received them yet.

Paying for Live really chaps my ass, and then I still have to buy a wifi card? Fuck that. That's why I went with the PS3.

I can confirm that this works with a printed coupon, at least it did in my case. I looked for the real ones in the pharmacy and they had something similar, but it was HERE TO HELP with DIABETES. (It has some expired coupons in it so maybe they hadn't gotten the new ones yet.) Could not find the FLU one, I even asked the pharmacist. But no matter, the one I had in my pocket printed on Glossy Photo paper worked without a second glance! Ended up getting the 40GB, now I just can't decide if I'm gonna keep it or resell. I might go back in tomorrow to get another. Thanks for the deal!

just picked up a 40gig PS3 in Portage, WI. using the coupon and also picked up ncaa08 with another coupon. great deal.

Some of the stores have signs saying these coupons will not be accepted for electronics. Luckily, mine did not and I just bought an 80GB for $400. :D

nite0 where do you live thats putting up these signs? or where did you hear of this happening?

I am giong to get the xbox 360 arcade version for my girl. Im going to go try this when I put it on lay away. be around 200 bucks + some change out the door :)

Hey there genius? The games are exclusives for the 360, the only reason why microsoft is allowing them release on PC's because it means increased profits and hardware sales in the pc sector. You must be a total idiot.

Picked up a 40gb PS3 and a 32" Olevia LCD

399.99 - 80.00 + tax = 341.59
699.99 - 140.00+tax = 597.79

Total cost = 939.38

PLUS - Kmart TG ad has the olevia for 419.99 , which would make it 448.34
after tax, so 597 - 448 = another 149.45 discount

dsc02965xz5.jpg

By rleav20717, shot with DSC-P200 at 2007-11-18

By rleav20717

Hey there genius? The games are exclusives for the 360, the only reason why microsoft is allowing them release on PC's because it means increased profits and hardware sales in the pc sector. You must be a total idiot.

Please don't thread crap. That's called a timed exclusive, not a true exclusive.

I went to a Kmart and they shut me down wouldnt take the printed coupon....

how are you guys doing it? are you just handing the coupon over? or asking if it works? I was like here I have a coupon and the lady was like yea sorry we cant use that.

Well, it really depends on the store and the person.
On the actual fine print of the coupon it clearly states that non-originals aren't valid.
But alot of the workers aren't aware of this. So they just scan the barcode without a question asked.

If one person didn't accept it, try a different person - or a different store.

Brockton, N. attleboro and Rhode Island store all 3 managers and store managers said they will not honor, they recieved a email letting them know to be aware, they shut it down quick around Mass.

this deal is officially dead because the 20% off coupon expired Saturday.

Back