PS3 40GB + Spider Man 3 for $320 at K-Mart

Guys, there's a reason I didn't mention using the coupon on other stuff. There may be better deals elsewhere for stuff like Galaxy. I don't know about the 360, either. But I know, for example, that Toys R Us has galaxy for $50 plus a $25 gift card. That beats you using this coupon to get it at KMart. You can't, however, get a $320 PS3 and gift card anywhere else, so it makes that item a unique savings opportunity even though the coupon can be used for anything.

I tried Toysrus about half a mile from Kmart. None in stock, only got 12 in and over 30 presells according to the manager.

This was the best deal for me.

deal is hawt!

going back to grab the 32" Olevia for 560 after 20%, then PA to 399.99 on BF

dsc02962tf3.jpg

By rleav20717, shot with DSC-P200 at 2007-11-13

Awesome.

Went and got myself an 80gb PS3, the component cables, and a second controller all for $490.

The guy there was totally cool. He had said his manager had told him not to allow people to use the coupons if they were printed off the internet, but since I had 10 of them he said if I gave him two he would let me get as much shit as I wanted with them.

So yea. I ended up with a brand new ps3, cables, and a second controller for probably 50 bucks less than just getting the system itself (tax sucks).

win!

I think it's worth it for the backwards compatibility and extra 40 gigs.

40GB is the way to go. That is, if you dont care you cant play Ps2 games.

The HDD is EASILY upgradable, so save your 100.00 and buy a nice 200Gb Lappy HDD and swap it in

i just may have to go to kmart tomorrow to pick this up. i was planning on grabbing a ps3 eventually and this deal is kinda hard to pass up on. i don't even have a HDTV to play it on yet :eek:

may have to get that Vizio 26" @ walmart sooner than i thought :D

I was able to score one of these with a printed coupon this morning without any problems. I'm sitting here typing this message on my PS3's web browser which is actually pretty cool.

(now if only I could figure out why I keep getting a low memory message every time I go to a web page with quite a few pictures.) :(

...Not really sure WTF I'm gonna do with a PS3 though...
I'm right there with you man. I already have a high-end computer that plays games better that any PS3 game other there. Other than that, I have a xbox 360 hd-dvd drive, which I'm trying to make it work for some movies, but is there. Plus, I just overclocked my GPU, oh my, do I see the light. The performance boost gave be the ability to enable AA in games that were already maxed out. To top it off, most good games are coming out now for PC as well, including Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty 4, and Devil May Cry 4, aside from the obvious, yet almighty Crysis. So really, do I need a PS3 now? Hmmm, I'm not sure. I do like the idea, and feel the need to buy it, but I always find myself not justifying the need for it. About the only appealing thing about it would be the Blue-Ray player, but then again, that can wait a little. I don't know, but I feel like this guy. I WANT IT, but I just don't know why. I think I might as well spend this money on games and more upgrades to this baby.

It's funny how the PS3 has now been relegated to a HTPC/MediaCenter/Blu-ray player unit.

It's funny how the PS3 has now been relegated to a HTPC/MediaCenter/Blu-ray player unit.

Uhh, I just played Oblivion on it last night... ???

I'm not sure how a great featureset in addition to its game library makes the PS3 exclusive to those purposes. Though, indeed, it's so good at them that you could buy it for such alone and still have it be a good deal.

Yes, but can it be used like a Tivo?? Has anyone been able to use a PS3 for recording TV? Does it have video Input?
No, it doesn't work like a tivo. I mean, you can record video somewhere and play it later on in the console, but that's about it. It doesn't record anything, it just plays things.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Worked like a charm...even with a not so great printed copy.:cool: $346.39 out the door...granted the the cashier was female, covering for someone else in electronics and a little flustered but I will definitely try the 11/18-11/21 coupon for something else.:D

edit- also my reciept gives me a coupon for $15 off $25 and up through Dec 2nd!

You can use this for a 360 too right? 20% + all the store credit? Or even a HDTV?
The list of things you can't use it on is very short...gas, tobacco, special order items and that's about it. If you can get the cashier to accept a printed coupon then it will work for just about anything.

I wonder how many people there are like me who know this an amazing deal, but will not purchase it because they already have a 360 or wii or both. I really want it just for the BR player but cannot justify buying it since there are so few exclusives.

I know I probably sound like a fanboy, but if you own a 360, why would you want to spend $$$ on a system with few exclusives. If I didn't own a 360 though, I would probably jump all over this.

I wonder how many people there are like me who know this an amazing deal, but will not purchase it because they already have a 360 or wii or both. I really want it just for the BR player but cannot justify buying it since there are so few exclusives.

I know I probably sound like a fanboy, but if you own a 360, why would you want to spend $$$ on a system with few exclusives. If I didn't own a 360 though, I would probably jump all over this.

I totally agree with you but NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND!!!! You figure the cheapest blu ray player on Black Friday is like 300 bucks so if you get the $400 for $320 that's pretty sweet especially if you already have a ps2 or don't care about backwards compatibility. Also some games are starting to trickle out. Uncharted Drakes Fortune is getting killer reviews and the future hold Killzone 2 and MGS4 also some older games like motorstorm and resistance are good pickups. Now if you like movies and already have the HD DVD attachment this is a great opportunity to have both formats.Even if the price drops you'll still be ahead of the curve. If you care nothing about blu ray movies I have to agree with you. But it does have it's merits and this is from someone that believes that MS is kicking the crap out of sony in the console wars and is a proud owner of a Xbox 360. But for this price I may keep my $320 PS3( No tax in the first state ;) )

No, it doesn't work like a tivo. I mean, you can record video somewhere and play it later on in the console, but that's about it. It doesn't record anything, it just plays things.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

That's what I thought. Still a nice deal though.

lets keep the xbox vs ps3 thread where it belongs..... ( not in the Hotdeals section )

to get back on track, I can also confirm this. Just bought a ps3 and a Ipod both with the 20% off coupon

d.

just bought me a psp, baby! Plus I got a $15 off $25 so I'll probably go back and get super mario galaxy there. Friggin sweet! It's like black friday came early!

i kinda felt that way. i have a 360 and wii and i wasnt considering buying a ps3 for a long time, but i gave in anyway...they only had the 40gb, but i was fine with that. i wouldve bought the 80 if they had it though.

same boat i was in.... but then again my youngest son wanted the ps3 for his bedroom.

so.... HO HO HO...

d.

it seems everyone has got this coupon to work. I went to two different kmarts in my area (los angeles) and neither of them had the coupon book, and neither of them accepted my printed coupon, telling me that its fraud and that they dont accept coupons anymore because of it. I was so excited to get a ps3 for cheap too :(

I believe you can make it work like a TIVO box as well if you install Linux and some other 3rd party packages, but it'll mostly be like most home-made DVR boxes and be incapable of recording many hi-def stuff unless it's free over the air.

Also, you can put in any HD inside if you really want more space. Generally unless you mod the case, you will only be able to fit laptop-sized HDs however. You can also attach any external USB hard drive. The 40GB models run pretty cool but be aware that the 80/60GB versions may have a higher chance of overheating if you stick a 7200rpm drive in there. If it does overheat though it'll just shut itself down instead of burning out.

It also reads flash drives and most flash type media like SD cards and memory sticks and such.

It's a very versatile machine. Too versatile probably, hence the cost. It's weird that they can read non-Sony proprietary media formats. I mean of all the machines they could have put all-in-one card readers in, why put it in a PS3 when they're trying to lower the cost? Regardless, it's a surprisingly great machine.

I've had my 360 for over a year now and I love it, but I got the PS3 for 3 reasons:
1. I haven't adopted any high-def format yet (the HD-DVD players will be cheap IF and when the BD format fails)
2. The price is right, not much more than the Toshiba HD-A3 I was considering (with coupon of course)
3. MGS4 and GT5 will make it worth it when they're released (and maybe Little Big Planet)

If the exclusives don't interest you and/or you already have a BD/HD-DVD player then yes...there isn't a good reason to spend money for a PS3 at this time. I feel the same way about the Wii..

Believe it or not, many people have held off on purchasing either console up until this point, or always wanted a PS3 and were waiting for the price to drop. This thread is mainly for those people. The PS3 seems to be the better value for those deciding right now. By the same token, now that I have a PS3, why would I want to spend money on a 360 with few exclusives? :)

Got lucky and picked up the last one at my local K-Mart yesterday afternoon. $335 OTD...not to shabby :D. Thanks OP!

Believe it or not, many people have held off on purchasing either console up until this point, or always wanted a PS3 and were waiting for the price to drop. This thread is mainly for those people. The PS3 seems to be the better value for those deciding right now. By the same token, now that I have a PS3, why would I want to spend money on a 360 with few exclusives? :)

I have to disagree if I didn't have either I would have to go with the 360. 4 games that PS3 doesn't have are Mass Effect, BioShock, GOW, Halo 3. I'll stop right there (there are actually alot more) PS3 has nothing of that caliber on their system as far as exclusive in you can't play them on a PS3. Also alot of the cross platform games are flat out better on the 360. Include the XBOX live and to me for gaming the 360 is the choice to get with this deal if you have neither. But the PS3 has it merits as I posted above. How people point to exclusive as the strength of the PS3 to me is well interesting. But this a good deal no matter what you buy.

Back