PS3 1.5 Firmware

Bad_Boy

2[H]4U
it's up now.
It fixes the BC now, games dont look like they have been through a shredder anymore. :D
some other minor fixes but the BC is the most important I see now.

edit:
some images...
ps315bcfix18mc.jpg

snb131952ti.jpg

looks fine. you can throw away those ps2s now. :p

Cool, updating now, this should stop a lot of moaning. Keep the ps3 updates coming, I think you can do custom avators now aswell, and better support for wireless encryption, also something to do with key/click tones.

cool!

Honestly I didn't think it was AS bad as everyone was making it out to look (My face isn't pressed to the tv when playing a ps2 game to notice every jaggy)

but this is good news :)

cool!

Honestly I didn't think it was AS bad as everyone was making it out to look (My face isn't pressed to the tv when playing a ps2 game to notice every jaggy)

but this is good news :)

I was just about to say this.

I haven't noticed a real difference, though. Valkyrie Profile 2 still looks like Jag Nation. lol
Oh well.

...at least the haters have one less thing to hate on. :)

Keep it coming, Sony!

Very nice. It definitely brings me a little closer to a PS3 purchase in the next couple years.

Something like this WOULD come out while mine's in RMA status :)
I'm sure Tekken will come out tomorrow, too!

Not that i play any ps2 games on my ps3 besides gran turismo 4, which has 1080i and 480p, im glad this issue was resolved because it means even if sony doesnt acknowledge issues, they are paying attention.

Is there any other information on what else is addressed in the patch?

(Don't have a PS3, but my nephew does... we didn't really notice jaggies but this is good)

This is what i got from official playstation forums. Someone translated the japanese update page to engrish.

Download while browsing
-All trailers and more demos on the store
-720p issue
-ps2 games issue
-Improved interface for the XMB
-Ipod nano not detected problem
Im sure others can add to that list

I don't think every games does have jaggies. I think it's a specific few. Most of those online comparisons use the same 4-5 games over and over again, but act like it's EVERY game. It's kind of like the people that go on and on about the games that AREN'T backwardly compatible on the 360 rather than the tons that are.
I've played Tekken 4, 5, and Tag, Street Fighter EX and both collections, both Katamari games, Soul Calibur 2, and a few others and they looked just like their PS2 iterations. Maybe I got lucky, but I've had no issues.

This is what i got from official playstation forums. Someone translated the japanese update page to engrish.

Download while browsing
-All trailers and more demos on the store
-720p issue
-ps2 games issue
-Improved interface for the XMB
-Ipod nano not detected problem
Im sure others can add to that list

lol, thanks.... i was reading the post before you edited it and was like "what the HELL!?"

I don't think every games does have jaggies. I think it's a specific few. Most of those online comparisons use the same 4-5 games over and over again, but act like it's EVERY game. It's kind of like the people that go on and on about the games that AREN'T backwardly compatible on the 360 rather than the tons that are.
I've played Tekken 4, 5, and Tag, Street Fighter EX and both collections, both Katamari games, Soul Calibur 2, and a few others and they looked just like their PS2 iterations. Maybe I got lucky, but I've had no issues.

Yeah it wasnt as bad as people made it out to be but it's sony so it's something bad they exponentially make it worse than it is. But yeah, it only happened to 480i games, 480p games worked fine. And actually due to some of the weird resolutions of some PS2 games, some 480i games like GTA worked fine too. But now that this is fixed, its one less thing for !!!!!!s to complain about. Of course this is something that should of been fixed day one, but atleast it shows Sony is working on fixing the problems and improving the console.

It was pretty apparant when I played GT4 on the PS3, it just looked "jagged" to hell.

It was pretty apparant when I played GT4 on the PS3, it just looked "jagged" to hell.

I didnt say it didnt look bad, I said it didnt occur on as many games as people think. And if you have the capable tv, it shouldnt have occured on GT4 if you turned the progressive scan on.

That's what I was thinking. I tried every PS2 game I own and none had the effect at all. I think it's awesome that they're fixing it for those that did have it, but I think it was overblown a little.

50 inch dlp 1080i and it had "issues" with in game play on how it looked compared to my ps2 playing it.

also, I can't seem to log in or download the update... servers getting hammered?

50 inch dlp 1080i and it had "issues" with in game play on how it looked compared to my ps2 playing it.
Not sure why, GT4 looked fine for me before this update.
also, I can't seem to log in or download the update... servers getting hammered?

Download it off the website; seems to max out my connection from what I tested, though when I downloaded the firmware off the PS3 itself it was pretty fast as well.

Well, my reasons to own a PS3 just got upped by +1... glad to see that patches and support are rolling out to it like hotcakes...

As soon as they add upscaling to 720p/1080i for PS2 (or any enhancements/benefits to PS1) I'm in!

Still probably wait until that (alledged, mystical, whimsical, potential) 2008 price drop though ;)

As soon as they add upscaling to 720p/1080i for PS2 (or any enhancements/benefits to PS1) I'm in!
Doubt that will happen. Most you'll get is probably faster load times and 480i games upscaled to 480p. I've been wrong before though. Didnt think they would fix this until march.

Back