PS2 to monitor

cApNhOwDy

Weaksauce
I'm not too savvy when it comes to console-gaming cables. I'm trying to hook up my PS2 to my 24" computer monitor. This monitor accepts HDMI, DVI, VGA, Component, Composite, and S-Video. What shoud I be looking for for the best image quality, because I'll also need something that has an audio jack on it somewhere to plug my headphones into as well so I can hear the audio out of the PS2.

If you have component, that would be the best quality and the ps2 accepts it as a standard for most games. You can get a monster ps2 component cable in most game places.

As for audio, you can buy a composite female to 1/8" male mini jack adapter, then a 1/8" female - female, and plug in your head phones.

Not sure if they have a composite female to 1/8" mini jack female...Local Radio Shack would be a good place to start.

Just remember that you can't controle the volume if you go about this route.

Component is it then.

Are you sure I should get a composite adapter instead of a component adapter for when I want to use my headphones if I'm going to be using component cables?

Component is it then.

Are you sure I should get a composite adapter instead of a component adapter for when I want to use my headphones if I'm going to be using component cables?

For the audio, the cables are the same, whether the video is composite or component. I guess a better term would have been female RCA to male mini jack.

If you have a decent computer audio speaker system it might have an aux input you can use. Thats how I had my 360 setup before I got my HDTV. I just used 2 rca adapters and a connector to turn it into a headphone jack and plugged it into my creative speakers.

Back