PS2 Outsells PS3 In Weekly Sales

HardOCP News

[H] News
Sales of the PS3 are having a bit of a problem outselling the PS2 in Japan. In the same week, the Wii outsold the PS3 by four times.

Sony's Playstation 3 may be setting its sights on Nintendo's Wii in the continuing next-gen console war, but a new competitor has emerged to challenge the cell processor-powered behemoth: Sony's very own Playstation 2.

Geeeee, ya think the price/lack of launch games may be an issue?

Nah, that couldn't be it.

Don't worry, its just people impulse buying... sooon they will find they really wanted the PS3 all along!!! :p

I love the wii for its fun factor, easy to even get the GF to play :p

Don't worry, its just people impulse buying... sooon they will find they really wanted the PS3 all along!!! :p

I love the wii for its fun factor, easy to even get the GF to play :p

Yeah, even getting people 50+ to play isn't much of a chore, Nintendo really made it right.

Nintendo has done a great job with the Wii I just hope more games come out for it soon. While I don't play it that much my kids love it, it's all about having fun and that's what Nintendo was aiming for. Ok so it doesn't have killer graphics or multiplayer online play but when was the last time you can say you were flaying around in front of your tv making a fool out of yourself and having a blast doing it. If Nintendo can regain the 3rd Party support it lost in the N64 and Gamecube days I can easily see it becoming the #1 home system.

Didnt (finally) GTA:SA Release for the PS2 in japan recently? I would think that had an effect on ps2 numbers. And the lack of titles on ps3 in japan would have an affect on PS3 numbers. Why no mention of 360 numbers? oh yeah, don't answer that...

Well personally i have more fun playign the Wii, i bought 2 PS3s before XMAS, i intended to keep one and sell the other, I ended up selling both of them due to the lack of games and the dismal online features or lack there of. Sure the Wii lacks in the graphics department but its a lotta fun.

hmm a 100 dollar console vs a 600 console.

I don't think a parent is going to buy thier kids a 600 console if they are still very young. Also, you don't find many PS3's wrapped in gift paper either.

This is not a suprise, this is like saying that they sell more corvettes than they sell lamborghinis. Well duh, 6 times less in price.

Raises hand for PS2. My wife picked one up after playing DDR at a party last weekend.

Raises hand for PS2. My wife picked one up after playing DDR at a party last weekend.

Exactly, they are so cheap and easy to justify. I'm sure your wife wouldn't have thought twice about it if it was 600 bucks.

Heck, guitar hero and ddr is probably the sole reason as to why they are scoring so high.

Back