PS2 DDR Supernova step on any arrow? help.

moetop

[H]ard|Gawd
My Fiance just bought DDR Supernova for her kids and of course I had to mess around with it. When playing I noticed that I could step on any of the arrows as long as it was in beat and I got score for it. Perfects even. Is there a certain level or setting so you actually have to hit the correct arrow?

Wow, that's never happened to me and I've been playing DDR for a long time. What pad do you have hooked up to it?

They are a Pelican dancepad extreme and a Gamestop pad. I don't think it's the pad because the arrows work as arrows just fine (i.e. when selecting songs / difficulty levels) I almost think it's a setting in the game. No one noticed it but me. Can you give it a try on yours? Also what Version of DDR are you running?

That's never happened to me... Try plugging in a normal PS2 controller and see if it still happens. You can use the arrows on the controller the same as the arrows on the pad.

Question: What kind of screen are you playing it on? You may be suffering from input lag.

Basically what you see on the screen and hear is delayed by a few hundred milliseconds, but the controllers are waiting for input real time thus you can never be in sync with the beat.

Question: What kind of screen are you playing it on? You may be suffering from input lag.

Basically what you see on the screen and hear is delayed by a few hundred milliseconds, but the controllers are waiting for input real time thus you can never be in sync with the beat.

This has nothing to do with lag. My guess is maybe you were in some kind of practice mode or had some kind of easy mode enabled.

Back