PS2 Component games

Occidio

[H]ard|Gawd
Anyone know of a page that gives a list of all component enabled games?
Was away from the house and the house I was at had a ps3 with no games and a ps2. So I brought SSX3 with me and forgot how much I loved it. I want to try and finish out all the different char in the campaign mode but I would like to see if it can handle component hook up. I didnt see anything in the manual but wasnt sure.

I think you mean "progressive scan" enabled. Component will always give you far better color.

Yes, sorry, progressive scan, I couldnt think of the term.
I dont remember, if I have the PS2 using component cables will none progressive games show up? I could have sworn there was something you had to do to enable progressive scan when the game loads or you get a black screen.
Am I wrong on this?

I know GT4 had had a setting to go to 1080i, made a world of difference in image quality.

In many games, you hold Triangle and X while booting the PS2 if there isnt a menu option.
If the game doesnt support PS, it will still display fine. The component cables give a more crisp and color-rich picture anyway, PS or not.

Games like GT4 have the option in menu.
Games like God of War 2 also have a hidden HD Mode where you hold Triangle, X and R2 (I think?) and it makes the boot logo purple. Then it runs with a little extra res to make the game look REALLY good (for a ps2 game).

hdgames.net

Choose PS2. Select 480p.
Voila! Instant list.

(read the comments, some games listed may have incorrect info.)

Back