PS web page background

b4nk3r

n00b
Hi all! I have been trying to learn PS recently, and I would like to make a background for a web page that doesn't tile. Can anybody tell me how to make a background that has a unique design at the top and then a general/repeating design as it goes down? Something like this...

----------------------------------------------------
banner goes here
----------------------------------------------------
|
|
|
|
< keep repeating design from here down>
|
|
|
|
|

TIA

don't include the top banner in the background file...make it separate. you can use this HTML for just about any background image you have..

HTML:
<body bgcolor="black" background=bg2.jpg bgproperties=fixed STYLE="background-repeat: repeat-y">

bgproperties=fixed will keep the bacground from scrolling with the page..don't really need that. the style part is what you need. repeat-y will make it only tile in the y direction, and repeat-x would do the same for the x direction.

hope that's what you wanted to know..more html than art....or did you need help with the images too?

siege said:
don't include the top banner in the background file...make it separate. you can use this HTML for just about any background image you have..

HTML:
<body bgcolor="black" background=bg2.jpg bgproperties=fixed STYLE="background-repeat: repeat-y">

bgproperties=fixed will keep the bacground from scrolling with the page..don't really need that. the style part is what you need. repeat-y will make it only tile in the y direction, and repeat-x would do the same for the x direction.

hope that's what you wanted to know..more html than art....or did you need help with the images too?
well put, i read the question the same way u did, i think thats what he means

Here you go for a background.
With maxs style!
k.gif

Goddamn, is it just me or does it look like that image is like slowly changing shape?

Bennyb said:
Goddamn, is it just me or does it look like that image is like slowly changing shape?

now that you mention it, yes it does...crazy..hurts my eyes to stare at it though.

wonder if we solved his problem...or maybe he just doesn't care heh...no word in a while

wicked cool man...

people were wondering what the hell I was staring at here at work...they thought I was wierd before....

Back