PS+ question

bpizzle1

Supreme [H]ardness
Out of curiosity, does subscribing to PS+ give you any extra bandwidth for downloading on PSN? I finally got around to starting Uncharted 3 last night, and it literally took an hour from the time I put in the disc to the time I actually started to play. The patch was only like 230mb or something, so taking that long was pretty much a joke. I know PS+ provides a lot of value in other areas (compared to what you get for XBL gold), but waiting to play that long made paying for XBL seem worth it. I really only ask because I'm likely going to limit myself to a single next-gen console, and the quality of the online features is going to be a big factor in which one I choose.

On a side note, I decided to try out Uncharted 3 in 3D (when I finally got to play the damn thing) since I have a 3D TV that I never use the feature on. I was pretty amazed at how much it added to the experience. I kind of wish they were continuing with 3D gaming now...it's much less gimmicky than the movie stuff imo.

I have not noticed any difference in download speeds since subscribing to PS+, tho speeds in my area are not as bad as what I've read about. I think its just a network issue they were not really prepared to handle and rather than a switch they can toggle.

No, Plus does not give you better speeds. That said, Sony is going to HAVE to dramatically improve their network for the next generation if they want to get into streaming like they're talking about. Their current network could never handle the demands of a streaming service.

Yeah, I didn't think so, but thanks for the confirmation. I agree though, there's no way in hell that PSN is ready for streaming service as it stands now.

I really wish they would improve it, long time plus member and I have a 50mb Comcast business line. Even the Wii U downloads games faster than PSN.

Yeah, as others have said, it does nothing for download speed. ps3 is crazy slow.
also, Im with ya on 3d, I loved uncharted in 3d. Its a shame sony stopped pushing it like they were. loved it on mk and killzone

PS+ will allow game and system software updates download automatically to the PS3. You don't even have to be there if you set it.

the only thing you can do is:

1. proper port forwarding
2. dont use wireless

Takes me about 1 day to download deadspace 1.

I think playing Killzone 3 in 3D with the Sharpshooter Move control would be as close as its possible to get to real life in an fps game. It's a shame so few games support it and Sony has basically dropped both 3D and Move.

Loving Vanquish, I heard good things about spec ops but have zero interesting in buying FPSes. so thank you psn+ :)

Has anyone played Spec Ops:Line before? Reading the reviews has me excited. It seems PSN is down today, I was trying to add it to my dl queue online.

Has anyone played Spec Ops:Line before? Reading the reviews has me excited. It seems PSN is down today, I was trying to add it to my dl queue online.

Psn is down for maintenance it was announced last week when their done the site will be updated and you can download it.

I really enjoyed Spec Ops story. Renew my faith in military shooters again as far as storylines go. Gameplay is pretty typical 3rd person cover based shooter. Feels smooth enough but won’t blow your mind there. The story and ending just might though.

Also check out The Cave, Double Fine new game which also went “Free” today.

Back