PS Now

King Icewind

Supreme [H]ardness
The PS Now beta for the PS4 starts tomorrow. Sony has begun sending out invites. I haven't gotten mine yet. Hopefully I will! Anyone got theirs?

Excited to see how it is on the PS4.

Is the PS Now service the thing that allows you to play / stream your PS3 games on your PS4?

That is awesome, has anyone gotten in the beta yet!? I would love to do this, I checked my email earlier and of course my luck as usual ... if I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all ...

Anyway, if any of you get in or get a code and aren't going to use it, please hit me up!!

I'm looking forward to having this feature implemented. Does anyone know if they'll do texture caching in order to minimize artifacting & blurriness?

I'm looking forward to having this feature implemented. Does anyone know if they'll do texture caching in order to minimize artifacting & blurriness?

This is a streaming service. Everything is rendered on their server then sent to you as a video stream. I'm not sure what you are looking for.

This is a streaming service. Everything is rendered on their server then sent to you as a video stream. I'm not sure what you are looking for.

I was mostly wondering if they're not doing the typical video streaming. Texture streaming isn't a new concept in games & can be done from a remote server, too. I apologize if I got it confused with what is actually being implemented.

I was mostly wondering if they're not doing the typical video streaming. Texture streaming isn't a new concept in games & can be done from a remote server, too. I apologize if I got it confused with what is actually being implemented.

Textures could be streamed over the internet, but that type of system requires that the user's machine has all the power and memory necessary to run the game. Texture streaming systems are used when the entire game is eventually going to end up on the user's system - it's wasted bandwidth to continually stream the same textures to the same person.

The advantage of the system Sony runs is that the user's hardware requirement is minimal (streaming video-in and controller-out) and the game can be immediately played at full visual quality. There's no way a Bravia TV has enough power to run a PS3 game natively.

Last edited:
got my invite but I have been on the PS3 beta for awhile, Idon't have a POS4 yet but it seems to do ok on the PS3

Back