Proxy/Filter

-(Xyphox)-

Supreme [H]ardness
Ok Guys,
I got asked on my input on a low budget proxy/web filter that needs to be transparent. This can be hardware or software powered. I personal think a hardware solution is better. But cost is a huge deal. What do you guys have in mind?

The reason they are looking into this because of flooding and people eating up mass amounts of bandwidth. Maybe a solution to limit the usage of bandwidth.

Untangle, although not a true proxy has great web filtering capabilities and will run on just about anything. We are working on an implementation right now, and I know that a lot of the guys around here swear by it. It's web filter is also considered to be transparent by the devs.

It also has a lot of other features that may help them in the future since they are on a tight budget.

Untangle.com

Untangle, although not a true proxy has great web filtering capabilities and will run on just about anything. We are working on an implementation right now, and I know that a lot of the guys around here swear by it. It's web filter is also considered to be transparent by the devs.

It also has a lot of other features that may help them in the future since they are on a tight budget.

Untangle.com

I am looking into this, Its a fine line for them being a ISP. I am thinking this might be too restrictive.

Back