Proudest gaming achievements

B. W.

2[H]4U
What is the thing (or things) you've done in a video game that you're most proud of?

i made maps for counter-strike for a few years. a few of them got decently popular.

I won a local blockbuster Tetris tourney when I was 10. Pics when I find the plaque.

i got my highscore for thunderforce 3 printed in Computer and Video Games magazine (UK) was never beaten. (had to have photographic evidence for it to count)

Finished the whole game without missing a single enemy on 1 life. Could i do that now, 10+ years later? could i ****.

Did the same thing in Thunderforce 4 too but they didnt print it :(

44 hours straight on Evercrack :p

seriously though, it would probably have to be quitting that game.

Same here, i swore i would never play a game that charged me to play and cost me money to buy it in the stores. I would have been fine with it if they had gone to a monthly fee but offered the game as a free download. but not both.

Tzzird said:
44 hours straight on Evercrack :p

Oh you bastard. You beat my record of 43 hours straight playing CS at a LAN center. Only bathroom breaks and you ate in front of the computer, right?

PoweredBySoy said:
Oh you bastard. You beat my record of 43 hours straight playing CS at a LAN center. Only bathroom breaks and you ate in front of the computer, right?

Where else do you eat at a LAN?

I got my "all 9's" Ninja Gaiden 2 score posted in a magazine back in the day.
I completed FF7 for the first time in less than 48 hours from release day. The joys of being in college and not having class for a few days in a row.

I think probably the thing I was most proud of was in Baldur's Gate. I actually made the strongest possible Rogue character without cheating. I rolled the absolute highest possible natural stats (from Bioware themselves via their forums) in BG1, found all of the permanent stat increases, lugged the pantaloons around the whole time, and capped my guy out with max levels and the best possible items.

Ultima Online...

House dispute... My DP Katana... 4 PKs later me laughing...

Ultima Online = only worthwhile PvP game, ever.

Beating Challenge of the Gods in God of War.. and ending Dino Crisis 1. And not having to cheat to beat games. =)

Took over the entire production and supply lines of an entire economy on a medium-sized mmorpg called RPGWorld, only a couple of months after starting. Simply was a matter of getting the name recognition, underselling everyone, and then restoring my prices to a good profit once the competition gave up.

Used that same power combined with a few friends to destroy the largest guild in the game, owned by the person who decided to make things hard for me when I started playing. Fun to watch people unravel and disintegrate :D

StarCraft; Battlenet; Fastest Map Ever v2.0

It was me and two noobs vs. all comers. I ended up micromanaging not only my zerg, but the 2 noobs as well! I had to tell them what to do and when to do it. Even had to step by step one of them through the dark archon process so he could build a couple extra units we needed.

Wiped the floor with the other guys though! Hydra rush all the way!

modi123 said:
NOT playing WoW.

Seconded.
Also add "Enduring listening to all the WoW Fags talk about all the "instances" ran, chest plates collected, and noobs pwned every day at work for at least 2-3 hours". It gets so bad sometimes that I actually look forward to having to go work on airplanes. :rolleyes: After the Wow South Park episode, one guy quit for good since he claims the episode forced him to take a good look at himself and realize he had no life (and was neglecting his pregnant wife). He went back to playing Shadowbane and managed to get other people in our shop to try it. Now it's both WoW and Shadowbane talk all fucking day.
/rant

bazylik said:
Not buying BF2142

Also seconded. No explanation needed. UT2007 has been preordered and actually deserves my money.

tie for me

1. I beat Resident Evil 1 for PSX in one sitting without saving.

2. Aquired the Chronosceptor in the original Turok (I found all 8 pieces) I didn't cheat.

getting recognized.

quakecon05, after pwnin n00bs in ut2k4 went to wander around the vendor area. at the sound blaster booth "whoa you're power?" ya...? "you're really good at ut2k4!" thanks man.

*fist pump*

Finally winning a competition at a LAN party. Armagetron (Tron lightcycles with a modern engine).

Beating Civ 1 for the first time on my 486.

Sounds trite but, beating Super Monkey Ball 2! That game took months of my life away. Seems like a boring game but I didn't drink while playing, but I wasn't sober ;) !

Pffft. NOT playing WoW isn't any sort of accomplishment. You gotta play it for a few months and let it get it's claws into you.... then you try quitting.

Speedrunning MM2 in under 30 minutes. Best game ever :D.

Also owning everyone at a LAN in both UT99 and UT2004, especially getting HOLY SHIT! in the latter :).

being ranked the 76th best starcraft player in the country, NOT easy to accomplish.

also winning 3-4 halo and starcraft tournaments for fairly good prize money.

#1 - 5 stars on Bark at the Moon :)

#2 - finally quitting EQ - there really needs to be a support group for this

When I was in high school, a friend and I saw an article in EGM that listed the record for the half pipe in Cool Boarder 2 at 49.0. We played nothing but that stupid half pipe for weeks and eventually I scored a 49.2. I was going to take a picture and send it in, but after looking at the score for a minute, we realized how much time we had just wasted and just turned off the game. It was really exciting for a minute or two though. :D

Back