Prosthetic Arms Inspired By 'Deus Ex' Coming Next Year

HardOCP News

[H] News
While losing a limb is never a good thing, having an awesome Deus Ex inspired prosthetic like this would sure make things a lot better. These are the same guys that made Iron Man / Frozen / Star Wars themed arms for kids last year.

Eidos-Montreal and Open Bionics will be showing the arms at multiple game shows including E3 and Gamescom, with a little help from Razer. The company, most known for its gaming keyboards and mice, will be using its Stargazer webcam to track people's movements and show them what it would be like to control an artificial limb.

I mean if we are going this route, I wouldn't mind the T-X arm. Sometimes I just need a flamethrower at a moments notice.

Honestly, I think showing prosthetic devices in this day looks pretty damned cool. That white hand was awesome. I wouldn't be embarressed at all to wear that thing.

The holy grail of prosthetics is when the user can operate the limb just as they did with their original appendage. From what I understand, the person has to flex their muscle in a certain order to command it to close or open or grab a cup of coffee. That needs to change.

I'll be long dead before the bionic and machine war. I'm sure it'll be glorious :)

Wonder how they haven't done the arm of the Winter Soldier yet... seems like a given more so then iron man.

Back