Pros and cons of wireless keyboards/mice combos

adri1456

Gawd
I just got a MS keyboard/mouse wireless combo set from Circuit City last night, and my desk is lookin much cleaner and better color coordinated.

I tried to surf the net with my 16" CRT from my bed, and I can barely read the text at 800x600.

Other than the convience of hiding your keyboard/mouse when you're away, remind me why I spent half of my gift card money on a wireless keyboard/mouse setup? (my old keyboard's numlock pad was busted, so I was bound to change it, but I jumped on the wireless bandwagon).

i prefer wireless keyboards mainly for the lack of hassle of wires, also i can watch movies from my bed. i generally dont have to go to my bed to be comfortable, because i have a nice ass chair :D.

Thermite Paste said:
i prefer wireless keyboards mainly for the lack of hassle of wires, also i can watch movies from my bed. i generally dont have to go to my bed to be comfortable, because i have a nice ass chair :D.
I can watch movies from my bed for a while because of my ATI All-In-Wonder remote.

pros:
1. You can sit anywhere within range and use it.
2. No Freaking cords to deal with and tangle.
3.You can hide your friends Keyboard/Mouse if its wireless.
4. Also makes a great weapon incase of alien invasion and your boomstick isnt handy!

cons:
1. CHEAP AKA extremely crapy wireless keyboards/mice SUCK!!
2. Good ones cost too much and still suck from lost connections
3. 2 words you dont wana hear while gaming "Lost connection"
4.They eat bateries baddly

Thats just been my exp with any kind of wireless device, I've spend way to much when a simple corded mouse/keyboard could do the job cheaper, no lost connections, and easily replaced.

I got the Microsoft wireless elite combo and i love it. I go through batteries about every 6 months. I cant stand wired anymore. Give it a few days then try to use your old mouse and youll wonder why you didnt switch sooner.

wireless is awesome, i hate moving my mouse and having the damn cord getting stuck on the back of the desk, and with this mx1000 the battery life is insane, i havent charged this thing for 3 days and the battery is at 2/3

i didnt know they made 16'' monitors :confused:

edit: to answer your question, i looove my wireless duo. ive never had any problems with connectivity.

never been a wireless fan...the lost connections and jumpyness issues have gotten better, but are still there.
Also, your refresh rate is limited by the rf connection (both bluetooth and non-bluetooth) so this can have an impact on responsiveness.

I'm still getting used to the shape of the mouse (it felt comfortable at the store) but I guess I can live with that. And when its night time, I can barely see the keyboard (for the top function buttons) but then, I guess I need to start getting used to the black (instead of the white that my former keyboard was) or get some sort of light when I work at night.

And I said 16" monitor, because its 16" viewable (aka its a 17" CRT).

i have a logitech mx700 no wire usb mouse. i don't believe in wireless keyboards!

I have a microsoft bluetooth wireless keyboard. I love it, no real use for it at 30 feet away, but the lack of cords and instant response is perfect.
A pair of rechargable batteries and its all good.

I still use a logitech mx510 cause there is no cordless mouse in the world that can touch this thing.

sometimes the mouses are delayed but fixing the options will make it work better.. BUT it still weird

I have an mx1000 and MS natural keyboard pro (wired)

Other than the feet wearing straight to grinding hell on the mx, I love the wireless... the wire on the keyboard gets annoying and in the way, but it never loses connection and there are no batteries to replace..

KoolDrew said:
I hate the wieght of wireless mice.

Me too I just can't understand how people play with such weight! I have MX510 and a Steelpad "Cord Holder" works fine for me.

i hate wireless mouse,becuase it always drops , i broke two already , so upset
at elast with the wire , itll drop and the wire will prevent it from dropping all the way and stuff cause the wire will get stuck on the keyboard tray or w/e

shit, this will be my third wireless mouse!

I prefer wired keyboards and mice myself because wireless combo's have more con's then pro's.

A wireless mouse isn't as good as a wired mouse for gaming. The MX510 is a better choice then the MX1000, especially for fps.

Replacing the batteries is another added cost of wireless keyboards and mice. Even if you only replaced the batteries once a year thats still once a year more then you would have to with a wired keyboard and mouse.

If you have a descent size desk then there should be no reason for anyone to be complaining about wires. Unless you plan to leave your desk when using the computer the keyboard never moves an inch and the mouse only moves around in a very small area. A mousepad is only a few inches in diameter and a cord thats properly placed on the desk has no affect on that movement.

If you sit at your desk to use the computer then going wireless is just a waste of extra money for components that are incapable of performing as well as their wired counterparts.

I paid $30 for my wireless keyboard and mouse. I dont know what you guys problems are with batteries. I buy 4 rayovac "AA"s for 1$ at wallmart, and im set for 1/2 a year. The mouse needs new batteries every 4-5 months. Thats two AA's. The keyboard can go on for a year with its 4AA's (but the range gets short and sometimes it doesnt work).

My wireless mouse has these stupid side-buttons right where my fingers hold it. every time i grab the mouse to move it, The buttons get pushed accidentallly and windows pop up. I may just glue them shut with JB Weld.
But otherwise, the wireless mouse and keyboard combo for $30 work great. They get the same working distance as my friends expensive set (logitec or microsoft, i cant remember).

you switched becasue everybody else has wireless setups and you didnt but know that you switched nobodys has wireless anymore and everybody says it sucks, the circle is complete :D

I just got a Nintendo Wavebird and man do I wish Nintendo made wireless keyboard and mouse combos!

Is the Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse any good? Since I am sort of setting up a Bluetooth network in my room, I'm just wondering if its okay for gaming and stuff like that.

Back