Proprietary cooler with dying fan.. need options please.

atarione

2[H]4U
Hello,

So I was asked to look at a tecslate 65" touchscreen presentation system... it has a small industrial pc housed in the unit.. sporting a 3770K .. Anyway the problem is simple the fan is dying, waiting on trying to talk with support tomorrow to see if they can provide a new fan for purchase.. or new cooler if that is what it takes..

In the interim I've been trying to see if I could find the fan for sale any place without success so far.. The fan is a 80mm with 3 mounting points under the fan blades and a 4pin connector .. like so..
younglin.jpg

If anyone can point me towards other fans of this configuration / size I'd be obliged these style of fan seem to frequently be gpu fans with a different connector? however adapter cables seem to be available... I was just failing at finding the right size fan even with a gpu type connector so far?

nice... however the aliexpress offering has delivery by December 4th... =\ But good to know I will inform the client... I'll admit I've been aware of TaoBao in the past but I've not really looked into it much... It seems like in general you have to use an agent / middle man to order from this site to the USA? Depending on how long shipping seems like from this it maybe an option as the customer is a American sales company of a Taiwanese manufacture... can people in Taiwan order directly from TaoBao? I guess I will ask one of the Chinese speaking people there to take a look and see what they think? Oh well excellent at least have some options for them even if they are probably going to be slower than they would prefer /shipping wise.. what can you do really in 2020 however?
Looks like the mounting my 7970 Ghost card uses, but they are 85mm fans.
indeed it seems there are a number of video cards that use this basic fan design but the sizing is all over the place and the connectors are different (generally) ...

So it appears that if you buy a $16k~ tecslate system their support will send you a new heatsink =p and some other stuff as well... so that is good.... thank you for the assistance however.

Zip tie a 120 fan on it and be done with it.
I wanted to but it is in little ~1U ~ metal box (i didn't messure it maybe smaller / thinner than 1U actually). and there is no room for much "creativity" on the cooling solution... the stock cooler is also a bit like a GPU / Laptop cooler where it cools other components (MOSFETS ..etc) so you can't really just stick another random 1U cooler in either ...

Back