proper temp for a 3500 +

tazz

Limp Gawd
Hey all.I am writeing this for my friend.
he has a amd 64 3500 +
and is idel temp is like 130 f
And when he plays games it goes to like 140 f and over.
and the fan and heat sink he has is not even for the 939 mobo.
i think he is cooking his chip . but what do i know iam new at this stuff lol.
what do u guys think.
and what is the proper temp for this chip
thanks agian

That's a bit high. I think normal idle temps are around 110ish or maybe a little lower and load probably shouldnt get above 130 in most cases. Is he overclocking?

Most people talk about temps in celcius, but to each his own. Here's a converter for anyone who wants to chime in but can't remember those annoying equations.

thanks guys. i all ways use the celcius trem.
but my friend dont lol

and he is only over clocked 3 percent in the bios.
my rig is also over clocked 3 percent.
but my temps are 29. whicj is 86 f.
and when i game, it dont go over 49 c.

I have a 3500 winnie and it idles around 39c and maxes at 50ish even oc'd by 400mhz.

Get better cooling and make sure the heatsinks mounted correctly. :D

Check to and see if your getting good airflow.

Hmmm I got a winnie 3500+, got it overclocked to 230fsb, so 2530ish mhz. Idles around 29c with full hitting 40c in Prime. This is with the stock hs/f. I'd checked your circulation and heatsink/fan.

I wouldnt believe those readings poison. I got as my sig says and i idle around 36c and max out at around 47-48c. I use my rheobus which has a thermal probe for temps so i believe that more than i do the motherboard read out.

Fully_Sik said:
I wouldnt believe those readings poison. I got as my sig says and i idle around 36c and max out at around 47-48c. I use my rheobus which has a thermal probe for temps so i believe that more than i do the motherboard read out.

Yes motherboards have a tendency to report higher or lower then what it actually is. I have the MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum and i'm pretty sure it likes to report higher.

yeah, most boards report high. mine does too on occasion. sometimes it's 4-5c higher than it is the rest of the time.. and on occasion 10c

scorpy said:
I think I have similar problems on my processor, but its not a Winchester. Could any of you please look at my thread (its a story) and see if you can help me fix my temps? I just am kinda desperate and need some help. Thanks much!
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=858142

/Thread hijack over

Your motherboard is most likely just reporting higher temps. The only thing you can do is buy better cooling or an external probe to get more accurate temps.

Actually, as quoted,
Athlon64- About the size of one and a half uncooked grains of short-grain white rice or 3/4 of a BB

So I did use a tad too much, but not enough to make a big difference, IMHO. Either way, if the temps don't start to cool off after the break-in, I probably will reseat it. As for cooling, I am unsure what to do. I was looking at the XP-90, I know that will fit my mobo. But I want a quiet fan to match. I think my fan is too loud at 4900 RPM, and its real loud at the full 6000. But I want something that will adequately cool the processor. Plus, if I am gonna spend like 40-50 bucks, I want something better than the retail combo I got now.

burninggrave101, what kind of cooling do you use on your Neo2? Just curious what you have and how well it works.

scorpy said:
burninggrave101, what kind of cooling do you use on your Neo2? Just curious what you have and how well it works.

I've just been using the stock AMD cooler for now but i just recieved my new DFI NF4 Ultra-D from Newegg today so i'll be switching to that with a Thermalright XP-90 and 92mm fan soon as i get a PCI-E video card.

tazz said:
Hey all.I am writeing this for my friend.
he has a amd 64 3500 +
and is idel temp is like 130 f
And when he plays games it goes to like 140 f and over.
and the fan and heat sink he has is not even for the 939 mobo.
i think he is cooking his chip . but what do i know iam new at this stuff lol.
what do u guys think.
and what is the proper temp for this chip
thanks agian

OH MAN.....i have a FX-55 and i have it clocked to 3.0, and my load temp is about 115F.....i have an XP-120 heatsink.

Back