Proper Order of Install when Formatting

USMC2Hard4U

Supreme [H]ardness
I know it really dosent matter, but Im sure there is one better way to do it than another.

I just slipstreamed SP2 onto a CD now im all set to go with a brand new copy of windows XP Pro SP2 CD.

After I install windows what is my next step I should do? Can anyone plse give me the proper order of all things broke down including chipset drivers, video drivers, windows updates etc.

the reason i ask is because Last time I formatted the system felt really sluggish for whatever reason, i dunno why... so i had to format again, and for whatever reason it was better again, and the only thing that I do that is not consistant is what order of my install...

thanks... PS. my system i am using is the system in my sig....

It does matter on some systems. For me, I install the SP1, and any other updates. Then I do the Intel chipset drivers, reboot....DirectX9, reboot......video drivers, reboot. Then I install the rest of the drivers and software. That was the recommended way for Intel boards.

my first things are always firewall and antivirus. then chipset, sound/video then windows updates.

but if your not connected to the internet then the first 3 are interchangeable

Back