Proof Robots Are Going To Kill Us All

We should be fine, just need to load Apple Maps into their coordination system and they'll be going off stair ways and stuff. :D

Wow... pretty awesome. I wonder if the actual computation is taking place on the multi-copter, or if it's just sending imaging data back to the ground computer...

Still, pretty badass looking...

crazy . the only thing that is not there is self evolving code that ai expands itself. Sure there is a virus that will forge parts of other programs together but still not coding to keep expanding its own ai.

How do you know Apple Maps wasn't already their first attempt on us?

That's a good point. Our cells are already starting to try drowning people into rivers. :D Perhaps the robots are taking an approach that we don't expect. They're not directly attacking us like we think they will.

Those are so cool. I wish i had like 4 swarmionds and 1 flying one.. So much fun. SO MUCH EVIL!!!

Clearly they intend to make us dependent on them for access to nutrition, and then starve us to death.

It could be that humanities only purpose is to bring intelligent silicon based lifeforms into the world. I mean, it's like we're doing anything else productive in the grand scheme of things.

I guess we didnt learn from terminator movies.
16 years 23 days 49 minutes 3 secs, Skynet goes online.

It could be that humanities only purpose is to bring intelligent silicon based lifeforms into the world. I mean, it's like we're doing anything else productive in the grand scheme of things.

Crack and killin dont count?

what if god is the human and we are the robot?

i like to think of our future overlords as either Data or Wall-E.

i hope.

A more pessimistic way to formulate this is "One can hope that humans go extinct, but in all probability they will spawn something far worse before they go"

I guess we didnt learn from terminator movies.
16 years 23 days 49 minutes 3 secs, Skynet goes online.

what.

skynet came online on august 4, 1997 and became self-aware on august 29 the same year.

what.

skynet came online on august 4, 1997 and became self-aware on august 29 the same year.

That was the old date. The date changed due to the events in T2.

Skynet went online at 5:18 pm Eastern Time on July 25th, 2004.

That was the old date. The date changed due to the events in T2.

Skynet went online at 5:18 pm Eastern Time on July 25th, 2004.

you are correct, good sir...the original date however is implanted in my mind ever since i watched the first one :)

The Singularity is near...

/agree

but i dont think it will be anything near "end of the world" or apocalyptic in nature. most probably, the first "self-aware" computer will act much like a newborn of any species. it will be curious about the world it lives in, but it is our jobs as parents to nurture the new being into society.

@the video - very cool "swarm" tech. i honestly thought of possibilities of using this in a space program somehow. send a bunch of swarmbots to the moon, Mars or whatever we want to inhabit in say 5 years and let them have at it while they build the base for us. robots dont need oxygen to work. :)

So precious how they brought that starving guy some munchies... we just need to teach them a little compassion to rub our backs when they sense we're stressed, feed us when hungry, do our laundry, clean, etc... essentially bring us back to the glory days of baby-hood. Then, we will get to see a sequal to The Help which stars robots instead of maids, and how they helped provide a positive example for us to follow. Except, they don't do mean things like put poop in chocolate pies

Surely there is a better way for them to communicate than the multicolor lights. It seems like a really slow process. Why couldn't the flying bot use a laser to target and communicate to specific bots? Or assign each bot a unique address, like a MAC, and logically communicate like systems on a network.

Anyway, these systems are still just using preprogrammed scenario's to figure out how to navigate. I'll be impressed when they figure out a solution without having a database of possible solutions to draw from.

Surely there is a better way for them to communicate than the multicolor lights. It seems like a really slow process. Why couldn't the flying bot use a laser to target and communicate to specific bots? Or assign each bot a unique address, like a MAC, and logically communicate like systems on a network.

Anyway, these systems are still just using preprogrammed scenario's to figure out how to navigate. I'll be impressed when they figure out a solution without having a database of possible solutions to draw from.

yea... or ya know... wireless... pretty robust tech these days...

Back