ProMedia satellites vs Micca MB42X?

iroc409

[H]ard|Gawd
I am kind of space-constrained at the moment on my desk with a pair of HP Omen 32" monitors. I'm looking at getting the Micca Origain amp with DAC+amp, as I don't have space for a receiver at the moment either. I have a Polk PSW10 sub to go with the system. In the future I am looking at either moving my office to another room in the house or moving entirely, and when I do I have another section of desk to add on (IKEA Galant), so I will have a lot more space and probably would even have room for a pair of nice larger bookshelf speakers in the corners (U-shape).

I have a Klipsch ProMedia 4.1 system, where the amp died and the control pots were starting to go, so somewhere in one of the moves the amp went away. I had meant to fix it but never got around to it. I am considering using a pair of the ProMedia satellites for desktop speakers with the Polk sub.

The other option I am looking at pickup up a pair of the Micca MB42X speakers. They are a little larger so I'm guessing maybe they will perform a little better, but if I have an opportunity to put something nicer in down the road would it make any sense to buy the Micca speakers now or just use the Klipsch until then?

I play some games (not as much as I used to), and listen to music. Occasionally a movie, but that's usually for the living room.

Thanks.

I'm not sure the Miccas are that much of an improvement acoustically, certainly not decor wise, but if you prefer the looks and the sounds of the Klipsch I would recommend looking for some used RSX-3, 4, or 5 satellites on ebay or some other auction site.

OK, thanks I will look around for those and see what they are going for. If they aren't much an improvement, I might just use the Klipsch satellites until I can put something larger in.

Back