Prolimatech Genesis All-In-One CPU Cooler

HardOCP News

[H] News
Have you ever seen someone post a link to a review simply because the heatsink looks like one half of the unit has the other half bent over doggy style? Now you have. :D

The enormous Genesis All-In-One CPU Cooler is Prolimatechs latest ultra-high end answer for both enthusiasts and overclockers who place performance levels and zero clearance issues above all else.

That site really needs to cut down on the heat sinks it uses to compare with .. SHEESH!

I lol'd at "Light weight at 800 kgs (without fans) in the highend class." <-- In the review / product page for the heatsink.

Reminded me more of a toilet...

prolimatechgenesis008tp.jpg

They should at least sort that large comparison list by their recorded temperatures. Otherwise looks like a good cooler, but they should have did more thorough testing of it's capabilities (lazy testing).

Will it clear really tall ram like Corsiar Dominators or Vengeance?

Here is a picture of it barely clearing Corsair Dominators.

asus-genesis-3.jpg

They should at least sort that large comparison list by their recorded temperatures. Otherwise looks like a good cooler, but they should have did more thorough testing of it's capabilities (lazy testing).

Here is a picture of it barely clearing Corsair Dominators.

asus-genesis-3.jpg

Errr, I'm not sure how this is a remotely good heatsink. By nature, heatsinks work by transporting hot to cold...hot being the processor, and cold, in this case, being the hot RAM. :confused:

why not jut make a place to clip a horizontal removable fan to the side of the cooling tower seems that would be much more convenient and not blowing hot air onto the baord

I'm pretty sure I've seen this thing cruising around space in a Star Trek episode.

Looks like the just cut a megahalems crossways and bent it some. Like to see some reviews on it. The part over the ram is fine by me as you can add a fan and blow it down towards the ram. And least they got it to clear higher heat sink ram.

Why the fuck did the stupid reviewer compare it to the Noctua dh-14 and then not even bother to use the same type of fans? Fucking idiot....

Yes that is why i said for a review. But i meant a good review. I'm fixing to add a "Edit" button in here for my post. I hate having to post 2 times to finish or redo the first post...lol

Why the fuck did the stupid reviewer compare it to the Noctua dh-14 and then not even bother to use the same type of fans? Fucking idiot....

they wanted to test the capability of each cooler out of the box. For coolers that didn't come with a fan they tested with a specific fan model (don't remember which one).

prolimatech_genesisa.jpg

"Yeah, who's your favourite New Kid. Yeah, call me Joey. Oh, come on. Don't make me get loose. Yeah, that's right. Call me Donnie. Oh, girl. Oh, please don't go girl."

i think this is awesome. got a tall tower you can strap one or two fans to, and a horizontal where you can strap a fan pointing down. it will possibly slightly heat up the ram without a fan. with a fan, it will significantly cool the ram, as well as all the other components on the motherboard.

That site really needs to cut down on the heat sinks it uses to compare with .. SHEESH!

Honestly, I enjoy that. I wish it was deployed amongst other performance reviews (re: video cards, processors, both). It may be a niche thing but some people do like that.

they wanted to test the capability of each cooler out of the box. For coolers that didn't come with a fan they tested with a specific fan model (don't remember which one).

Yeah but whats the point in showing the Noctua having better performance and then in the end speculating-"...oh btw the fans used on the Noctua were 20% faster and the toilet could've beaten it if we used the same fans in our tests..." isn't it pointless to compare heatsinks if the fans are all different or running at different speeds. :confused:

I think this cooler would have performed better if the fans over the ram was sucking air instead of blowing. The way they have it in the picture, they are working against each other. Both sucking air from the same small space.

"I think this cooler would have performed better if the fans over the ram was sucking air instead of blowing. The way they have it in the picture, they are working against each other. Both sucking air from the same small space. "

agreed, but why even put a heatsinc their why not just keep the original megalahelms design and attach a little tray you can add a second or third fan in pointing down over the ram

I think this cooler would have performed better if the fans over the ram was sucking air instead of blowing. The way they have it in the picture, they are working against each other. Both sucking air from the same small space.

thats not really how these fans work, sorry. you cant really draw any sort of vacuum with these low-pressure fans no matter what you do. the best fan orientation does however depend on where your other fans, especially case fans, are located and which way they point since that will help establish a smooth airflow path through the case.

I wonder what the availability of this thing is. I haven't been able to find anyplace in the US selling one :(

Prolimatech, founded in 2008 is headquartered in Taiwan, led by a team of dedicated experts with 22 years of accumulated experience in the field of computer thermal solutions.

That's like, what... Two employees with a decade of experience each?

Back