Project Wingman Releases Uncut VR Gameplay

AlphaAtlas

[H]ard|Gawd
Staff member
Ace Combat 7 is out on PC, and by most accounts, it's loads of fun, but the game's VR mode is still limited to a handful of missions separate from the main campaign on Playstation VR. Fortunately, a group of developers have been working on a arcadey, VR flight sim called "Project Wingman" for some time, and they just uploaded a clip of uncut gameplay on YouTube. The project appears to use Unreal Engine 4, and while they don't mention by it by name (or in any other potentially infringing way), the UI, mechanics and other features clearly have roots in the Ace Combat series. Thanks to PC Gamer for spotting the footage.

Check out the uncut footage here.

We've mostly been working on other things other than Operation Blackout however, we don't want to show too much too keep you surprised on what the campaign entails so here is an uncut gameplay of Operation Blackout in VR. It's currently running in UE4 Editor itself so the performance and framerate is slightly lower than intended compared to the packaged version. Currently it is running on medium settings. Hopefully in the future, we can show you a few more things with the game overall improvements which some you may be able to observe in this video, and show more of Conquest mode once we've focused development on that aspect.

I have been loving Ace Combat 7, it's basically as good as Ace Combat Zero imo. The only thing I still hate are the air to ground missions but I can deal with it.

I was hoping to try using VorpX to play AC7 at some point but haven't tried yet. Hopefully this dev can get Project Wingman to work and then I can play a native VR game instead of some hack job.

I need this in my life. Though playing E:D with the vive gets me a little motion sick, this might be really bad haha.

Also worth mentioning: "Supports fully rebindable controls for Joystick and HOTAS users."

Take that AC7.

Played the open alpha a few years back for this game. Also exchanged a few emails with the guy behind the project (a few more have since joined). Was urging him to do more than be a low budget Ace Combat clone, but it still looks good for what it is. Looks like they finally added multiple "special weapons" though.

They added a kick starter last year if I remember correctly. I got the version that was released at the time and it was good fun. This in VR though.... Droool

Back