Project: "TOP SECRET" G1-ZEN MODZ

Zenator

Limp Gawd
J4PrzH7.jpg

Hello

I'm in the proses of modding my first case. this build is still work in progress.
I have been working on some custom water cooling parts as well as modding the case.
among other things, this is a Silverstone FT02 that started off silver. painted in burnt orange.
Sorry no gray yet.

Parts list:

CPU: I5 4590 @ 3.80 GHZ
GPU: GTX 590
MB: ASUS MAXIMUS VII FORMULA.
RAM: 16GB DDR3-(11-11-11-30) / G.SKILL R.J. @ 2100mhz
PSU: Cougar CMX 1000w
Storage: OCZ agility 3 240gb @ 2tb hdd.
Case :Silverstone FT02

Project: "Fallout 4"

Last edited:

Thank you for looking, Still working on it.

Hope you like it what I have done so far, a lot more work still to be done.
Cheers, Zen.

This custom build is incredible. The attention to detail is outstanding.

Looks great! What was the inspiration and goal for this? It looks great, but it's not really like anything I've seen before (good thing!). Where'd you get the idea?

To quote Ur_Mom, "Looks great!" XD

Almost looks like rotting wood, with the random gashes, short sections with holes (where I assume fasteners would go if they haven't rusted out) and how the paint has a well defined line where it stops. I'm guessing it's supposed to look like rusted metal, and it mostly does, I think it's just the paint that throws me off.

...just ignore me, this is why I don't do art--never satisfied with my own work. :/

Looks great! What was the inspiration and goal for this? It looks great, but it's not really like anything I've seen before (good thing!). Where'd you get the idea?

Thx.

For idea & Inspiration, I just wanted something different that had a new clean look on the inside, and a wrecked old rusted look on the outside, From the time I started, and up till now. it's been a fly by the seat of my pants build. Ive built up lots of skills over the years in art, air brushing, spray painting, modeling, Game art design, textures artist. Building cars, And I love PC's So I had to give it a go. As for this mod my goal is to just get it done. and maybe enter it in the PAX AUS 2015. But that's a long shot at best. That's just me dreaming. But I will be doing more PC mods. Going to try for some sponsors for the next build, got no helpers for this time round. so this build is done on the cheap. Apart from the MOBO. but that took me some time to get. This wont be the last you see of me, I have some back ground plans in the works. to do with PC' cases and PC mods.
But that will be some time later.

Cheers, Zen.

http://zenator.wix.com/zenator-art

Last edited:
To quote Ur_Mom, "Looks great!" XD

Almost looks like rotting wood, with the random gashes, short sections with holes (where I assume fasteners would go if they haven't rusted out) and how the paint has a well defined line where it stops. I'm guessing it's supposed to look like rusted metal, and it mostly does, I think it's just the paint that throws me off.

...just ignore me, this is why I don't do art--never satisfied with my own work. :/

Thank you.

Wood, yes I can see how you would see that. My camera is a PC tablet, and lighting is hard to get right. It looks very rusted in the flesh. Pic's are not the best to show what it looks like in real life. Will be getting some one to take much better photo's when it's all done. :)

Cheers, Zen.

My only gripe is that the beat up rusty industrial equipment vibe is not continued on the inside - you need some distressed looking water cooling fittings, maybe with some engine grime on them.

Otherwise, it's pretty cool looking - looks like something from the back of an old machine shop. :)

My only gripe is that the beat up rusty industrial equipment vibe is not continued on the inside - you need some distressed looking water cooling fittings, maybe with some engine grime on them.

Otherwise, it's pretty cool looking - looks like something from the back of an old machine shop. :)

Thx, I did think about it once, About making the case all the same inside and out, But that is how most builds are done. I wanted to change it up a bit and move away from the norm. Might do a Micro ATX Case next time. and keep it the same all round.

Cheers, Zen.

Hello all, Here is a small update, Added a cover to the GPU to hide the fittings

Gone over the face panel again with with some fin detail and added some matting base paint to all the rust to make it pop a bit more. and scotched some parts of the face panel to dull it up a bit.

Started doing some work on the cover door for the ROG base panel/DVD drive and so on.

Also Getting the vents all painted and bent up. and adding texture too them as well.

Have not had a lot of time to get much more done. but it's all starting to take shape.:)

Nice, you can forget what I said about it looking like wood now. ;)
Can't wait to see more. ^_^

Hello again,

I've been adding the details to the front frame door, And starting to add the textures. then will be adding the mesh to it.

Thank you for looking.

Wow, great craftsmanship. You cut 100 years off the look of that haha. Looks great.

A bit more progress, Added screws to the side panel, finished the 2nd door. And working on some more weathering textures on the grill to make it look like water has been running off it, that's still work in progress. And added hinges to the grill as well, so I can open it to clean the fan filters.

Input and feedback is welcome.

Cheers, Zen.

Last edited:
Cats out of the bag.

I did not want to say want I'm trying to build till I knew if I could pull it off. Being this is my Fist try at Modding a PC. I needed to make sure I could make it happen.

Last edited:
Hi This one is a bit bigger. 520mm x 180mm.

Been playing on the CNC.

I'm going to be painting it as well but the font Fallout 4 will be lit with LED's
from the bottom. and the rest will be painted to match the case.
the plan is to frame it and mount it to the top of the case like a billboard.

Hope you like it. :)

Again thank you for looking.

Last edited:
I have been using the Dremel at work so far. So was thinking it's about time I got one, And here it is my first ever Dremel. :)

I have been working on the Fallout logo. so have not had the time to do much on the case. but here is where I'm up to with the case. Such slow progress. But I guess in saying that there is a lot to do. :)

Thank you again for looking.

Cheers, Zen.

Need to get me a dremel--I almost did, when I decided I was going to build a desk, but I opted for a sturdier tool: a drill press. XD

Looking good. ^_^

Hi again have not had much mod time this week. But here is what I have done so far.

Here is a small step by step on the mounts for the billboard for the top of the case. will have two holding it up. I just need to work out the best way to make it work.

Here is the back of the Fallout sign, still need to add weather marks but not until the mounts are fitted to it.

Here is the face door, its just about done now. Added a spring to the left side to keep i closed. will add a pic for that later as I forgot to take one.

Thank you again for look :)

Cheers, Ken.

And the rust just keeps going. I going to start calling my self the Rust converter. I think my next build will be cleaner. :D

Thanks for looking. :)

Thanks again for following this build. Would love to know what you think of it so far. All feed back is welcome as always.

Cheers, Ken.

Last edited:
Back