Project Server Installation help

Notquiteanewbie

Limp Gawd
Application log:
Failed to execute request because the App-Domain could not be created. Error: 0x80070005 Access is denied.

I get this in IE:
Server Application Unavailable
The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request.

Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.

=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-

I was following the directions for preinstallation of Project Server and I cannot connect to SharePoint Services, can anyone help. Probably a simple fix.

Can anyone help? Need more information?

I've been doing some research and it seems like this is a permissions issue. That the ASPNET account cannot access/read the IIS folder

Well I've made some progress on this, no longer getting that error message. I ended up reinstalling. I installed/updated IIS first then Sharepoint Services then SQL server 2000 SP4. I am finally at the Project Server 2003 install.

Now its failing at the very end when it attempts to do something with IIS root. It doesn't even give me an error message, just informs me the installation is rolling back and an error occured.

Does anyone have any resources for Project Server 2003. Seems like there really isn't anything available and people are looking at me with 2 heads :-/

Back