Project: Queen of Blades

Video doesn't work for me, Im just going to assume its protecting me from having my mind blown.

Installed Corsair SP 120 fans. They are 1450 RPM, 23 dBA, are classified as low noise high static pressure fans designed for radiator usage. They come with blue, white, and red highlight pieces. The rads I used are Black Ice SR 1 480s.
dscf0144gp.jpg

dscf0147pq.jpg

dscf0148a.jpg

Have to order different rad screws as the case panels will not fit on over these (will order button head with Phillips slot from McMasters today).

Have to take everyone out of the case so I can air-brush the inside of the main compartment.

Is it just me or is it just flat out amazing what some artist can do? I like art, took some classes in high school, but I could NEVER do something that amazing. I may need to get this guys info and have him paint my 600T.... :D

Amazing build man! That thing is truly a god.

Installed Corsair SP 120 fans. They are 1450 RPM, 23 dBA, are classified as low noise high static pressure fans designed for radiator usage. They come with blue, white, and red highlight pieces. The rads I used are Black Ice SR 1 480s.
snip
snip
snip

Have to order different rad screws as the case panels will not fit on over these (will order button head with Phillips slot from McMasters today).

Have to take everyone out of the case so I can air-brush the inside of the main compartment.

Why did you cut out the mesh?

Oh oh, I get it, theres an inner frame and then an over cover. I saw paint on the frame and thought you had cut up the mess and in turn, the paint work. It would have made me a sad panda.

Oh oh, I get it, theres an inner frame and then an over cover. I saw paint on the frame and thought you had cut up the mess and in turn, the paint work. It would have made me a sad panda.

just over spray , happy pandas rejoice :D:D:D:D:D

WOW, JUST WOW! Love the power man, paint job is a personal thing and it is incredible artwork, but the power, OMG the power. I can attest to the need for overkill - OMG you got it all right here in HW - I am totally in love with the config. Well done, enjoy the crap out of it.

WOW, JUST WOW! Love the power man, paint job is a personal thing and it is incredible artwork, but the power, OMG the power. I can attest to the need for overkill - OMG you got it all right here in HW - I am totally in love with the config. Well done, enjoy the crap out of it.

Dude I was an active duty 19D in the 2nd AD . . .Ft Hood

B Co 13th Sig BTN
1989-92
31F

HUAW! Rock on w/your build man, cannot wait to see it done. :D

dscf0144gp.jpg

dscf0147pq.jpg

dscf0148a.jpg

So what does one do to be able to afford this kind of build?

So what does one do to be able to afford this kind of build?

Well in the years I have been here DarthBeavis has made alot of absolutely amazing builds. After awhile you get the attention of some of the big companies who sponsor your build and use it as advertising. I saw one of his builds at CES a few years ago at the nVidia booth. You just have to start doing it and get some practice in on your own dime.

Man that looks awesome. great job on the painting. Any pics coming with everything in it and running? Hows the corsair fans so far? They look good but wish they had a little higher cfm unless you can over volt them a little to get it.

I haven't posted on this forums in about a year, i've become quite the lurker... But this was enough to make me want to post. Not only is it impressive specs and worksmanship, the art detail, as well as the attention to fine detail, is actually stunning. I can't wait to see the finished thing.

sorry it took so long but I have been waiting since Summer for the 4-way SLI bridge to come to market . . .

in the mean-time I switched from the ASUS Rampage IV to an EVGA SR-X (dual procs) and will have 96 gigs of ram

EVGA SR-X and 4-way connector installed
246576_292799834166719_1584149851_n.jpg

551964_292799857500050_1703957636_n.jpg

576444_292799867500049_1292312576_n.jpg

about the fan direction on the radiators, I am thinking about using a design I came up with a few years ago to prevent the radiators fans from fighting each-other. I would make a baffle between the rads. I will probably have to make a new bottom plate for the case out of modders mesh so the air can escape.

casefloorrads.jpg

For the tubing, I was going to bend copper hardlines and then nickle-plate them but too many people have been doing this so instead I have ordered some 12mm OD acrylic hard tubes (like in the Bitspower Crystal link kits). My plan is to use my heat-bending skills to do some really neat things (another guy has done this type of tubing but I plan to take it to the next level - we will see if I am successful).

:eek::eek::eek: So this is what a maxed system looks like :eek::eek::eek:

Someone tally up the retail price of its parts :D

Testing the acrylic hard lines. This is my first effort so please be kind with the criticism. Also have the line in and out of the loop with regular tubing and fittings (going to take the rig on the mobo tray to a LAN party in a week connected to an external radiator/pump system - sort of an extended proof of concept and also testing out the hardware).

fbimg13509504278925702.jpg

fbimg13509504574877829.jpg

fbimg1350950801539974.jpg

Some of those look abit kinked. If you could find a marble or something to shoot through there while bending, I think you'd be alot more pleased with the result. Or maybe once heated you could use something similar to a mandrel bender.

I applaud the attempt though, and it looks alot better then I bet I could do.

These are a first attempt ;) Working on proper process. I have until Feb to get his done correctly.

These are a first attempt ;) Working on proper process. I have until Feb to get his done correctly.

February huh? Sounds like this is going to be used in the release of HoTS somehow. I am liking how this is turning out so far. Keep up the good work!

Back