Project PowerMac G5/X86 - SLI you bet!

noni said:
Are those really alu fans? They look like plastic sprayed silver.

Read a few posts back ;) Unfortunately it's difficult to capture the real "structure" of the fans with a digital camera.....it's real aluminium, cast and then probably bead-blasted to create the "fresh" look....

Much better in real life than on a photo, and actually blends with the color of the G5 case really well - which is a bonus.

Thanx for your feedback, guys, keep it coming.

Very nice mod so far. I like the overall concept and your implementation is coming along quite nicely - keep up the good work!

Thanx Onkang.

Jeesh, I have been watercooling since 1997, when we still had to make our own waterblocks, rads, etc, how have things come along.....

But, I will make the best of this mod, and try and improve on an already outstanding effort.

m8 great work... so envious lolz.. where u get that g5 case from dude? where do u live in oz? lolz jsut wonder..... :rolleyes: .. nice work keep it up

Hello,
I ordered the case from allmac on ebay, waited like 2-3 weeks to get the thing.....

I am in Doncaster East, Melbourne.....where you at?

Very very cool. I love that case. Very clean, not to mention you go very in depth.

Subscribed.

good work so far - keep it up.

i love 'logs that start out with a good 2 pages of progress and pictures : )

i've been waiting a while for someone to do a clean mac. looks sweet so far.

Thanx for the replies, Guys - some more photos to follow soon - probably on the weekend ;)

I still need to buy the hellishly expensive 30" Apple Cinema LCD..hehe....can't wait for that beaut.

lolz, i'm in perth... good place but abit slow in technology... keep up ur good works man oz rules

MrBean_Oz said:
Thanx for the replies, Guys - some more photos to follow soon - probably on the weekend ;)

I still need to buy the hellishly expensive 30" Apple Cinema LCD..hehe....can't wait for that beaut.
I would instead get a DLP projector for about 1/3 the price and then get a 100+ inch screen :rolleyes:

I like it. I like how the tray blocking the psu area is clean.

He can't do that, because it would take away from the Mac appearance.

My 20" Cinema display is, honest to god, the best display I've ever seen...

I've seen those 30's in person, and the screen size give me a HEADACHE!

damn lookin good so far *subscribed* i beleive i was watching that mac case on eBay(im in aus to) but it went to high for me unfortunatly but i like how you are going with it good work

He can't do that, because it would take away from the Mac appearance.

Exactly :)

i beleive i was watching that mac case on eBay(im in aus to) but it went to high for me unfortunatly but i like how you are going with it good work

Hmmm...I thought somebody was pushing me, if I remember correct...was around middle April I guess....

if he wanted it to look like a PC, he woulda used a standard run-of-the-mill case.

i think the point he's trying to make here is a chameleon that is pure apple from the outside (and parts of the inside) with PC internals...

stormshadow said:
if he wanted it to look like a PC, he woulda used a standard run-of-the-mill case.

i think the point he's trying to make here is a chameleon that is pure apple from the outside (and parts of the inside) with PC internals...

100% Spot-on.

No competition, guys, just to see if I can make this possible :)

Thank you for all the feedback, and encouragement!

Kind Regards,
MrBean.

Very nice mod so far :) I like the way you are implementing the shroud, will be watching this mod, keep it up!

I like the idea, but water holding device (resivior (sp) ) INSIDE your psu? that would make me nervous, I don't even like the idea of a bottom mount PSU in a watercooled case, but I'm a wuss who has ran entire too much current through himself.

Updates will follow soon, guys - patience...hehe...I've got a normal daytime job too....and this time around I have been away to visit Customer site in Albury NSW....only got back just now ;)

Will speed things up a little towards the weekend....

Back