Project OBLIVION: SN41 mod (No 56K)

endscape

Gawd
Pictures lost in a server crash, sorry guys

Ok, this is my first project log so bear with me!

I traded my Lian Li PC-65 for this shuttle, and I just couldn't leave it un modded haha, so here goes.

This is about ten minutes after I got it

The last guy who had it cut this out, it needs to be cleaned up a little I think.

I didn't take many pictures until after I started to cut the windows:

TOP WINDOW

SIDE WINDOW

All the windows cut, I think they were filed at this point as well
Next up, WINDOWS

All cut out of 1/4 inch lucite on a table saw. Funny story about these, and, this being my project log, I'll tell it haha. So I was thinking "Oh shnit, I need to go buy plexi" I was planning to go buy this insanely cheap stuff at Home Depot, you know the kind covered in a clingy plastic instead of paper? And then my dad shows up with a 2 foot by 4 foot sheet in the back of his truck that was scrap from golf cart windshields he had his mechanic cut! (He's the superintendant at a golf course BTW) So he saved the day, and I have tons of plexi!
The etch. I used my dremel and reversed the image since I wanted the etch on the inside.

This one gives you an idea of how it will look mounted.

All three etched and mounted

A good pic of how it looks mounted externally

The cleaned up fan area (Sorry for the blurry pic, me and a buddy did all this shnit in one night, and I think that was about 4:50 AM, we were on a sugar/ caffein high at that point lol)

On a side note, these are my favorite window making tools ever! (Disregard the muffler lol)

TO DO, though not in this order
-Decide on a color scheme
-Order LED's and light the internals
-Paint the chasis
-Design and build the custom front bezel
-Mount this 5.4 inch full color LCD in the front bezel

COMMENTS?

Wow I can't wait for the LCD. Looking cool.
What do the Kanji read? I can't remember off the top of my head.

Well, hopefully (crosses fingers) the one on top reads "power" and the one on the side reads "hardcore." I found them online a long time ago so I dont really know if they say that or not, I can always re etch them if they are too far off lol.

Thanks for the comments,

Endscape

Oh...
The top one is "Chikara" (noun) meaning force, power, energy, ability, talent and skill.
I believe thats what the side says, I recognize some of the romaji.

CrimandEvil said:
Oh...
The top one is "Chikara" (noun) meaning force, power, energy, ability, talent and skill.
I believe thats what the side says, I recognize some of the romaji.

Mehh, close enough. As long as I'm not offending anyones mothers, I figure I'm good.

Endscape

An update to the to do list-
-Window and paint the DVD-ROM
-Sand and polish the Plexi edges
-Round the plexi corners

Well, bad news. The LCD has gone out and I'm going out of town, so I'll post an update next week sometime.

I've got the front bezel almost done and am planning on making new windows, since I dont like this set lol.

Endscape

since your edges are exposed under the window...I would make sure to paint them rather than have bare metal there....just looks a little "off" if you know what I mean...but other than that it looks good

comment: possibly get a better camera or a tripod...

isnt that the symbol for strength? etching looks good.

How big are the pics? I might be able to host them. If not, check out Dreamhost.com--very nice price for the features you get. Their packages have more bandwidth per month than most others for the same price.

endscape said:
Front paged?

From the front page:

Steve said:
[H]ardForum [H]appenings:
Welcome to Monday’s edition of HardForum Happenings. People are still talking about ATi’s comments on the DOOM 3 benchmarks. CompUSA also has DOOM 3 for $49.99 with $0.01 shipping which is a pretty good deal (Sorry, this deal seems to no longer be valid). Not everything is about DOOM 3 though, there is a pretty damn nice Shuttle XPC SFF mod that is sure to inspire a few ideas. You can do your good deed of the day and help this guy choose between two computers he looking at buying. And, as always, there is always the For Sale & Trade forums where you can buy, sell or trade just about anything there is with your fellow H’ers. Have fun!
There used to be a link to your mod there, but cut+pasting it here removed it.

For some reason Photobucket doesn't like you linking... Nothing is showing up. :(

xphantg0d said:
Damn Bandwith limit!

You're telling me.

I think I'm going to go drop some cash and get my own host when I'm done with this project and have time lol

Well now that the pics are up I can see that it looks kick ass. Keep up the good work.

Thanks guys, I got my LED's from modsthatglow.com today. 100 with resistors shipped for $18.99, I highly recommend them. I'll have the DVD window done, lit, and posted tomorrow!

I should also have the Power supply window planned/ cut, and partially lit. The rest of the case should have some LED's installed too.

Endscape

EDIT: Modsthatglow.com

Wow, good to see HardFourms back up. I'm just waiting for my interim host to post the pictures on his server. I got the paintjob done, the DVD will be done today, dont know when it'll be posted.

Justin

Well, I cant find Grizzy anywhere, so photobucket will have to do.

Chieftec cases are good for something lol

Drive cage and whatnot

The powersupply being painted. I got the idea from Zapwizards shuttle mod, shoot two colors at one spot, gives it a crazy effect. In this case, I used blue and black, it turned out good I think.

I am having issues with the lighting, so it might be awhile before the next update.

COMMENTS?

I'd like to see the edges of the plexi given more work, but otherwise great job!

Looking good. Have to agree on the plexi. I'd see about rounding and polishing the edges.

I'm either going to cut new windows, or have new ones cut for me, so the plexi will be getting a mirror finish on those edges one way or another!

Thanks guys and gals,

E

if you are going to have somebody cut them for you see if they can also go over the edges with a 1/4 - 3/8" round over bit on a router and that would give a good finish to the edges...either that or mark the window and have them take a router to the outside edges so the plexi will be flush with the top of the case as that would be a cleaner look (IMO)

gigglebyte said:
if you are going to have somebody cut them for you see if they can also go over the edges with a 1/4 - 3/8" round over bit on a router and that would give a good finish to the edges...either that or mark the window and have them take a router to the outside edges so the plexi will be flush with the top of the case as that would be a cleaner look (IMO)

Hmmmmm...I'll think about that.

Wow, so many views and not very many comments, I'm hurt :( :mad: :confused:

E

to be honest overall i think it looks good. however I dont like the external windows. Just looks kinda off. I would vote for thinner plexi and internal windows. However, the etching and powersupply painting is nice.

Back