Project: Nvidia Charity Build

DarthBeavis

2[H]4U
Time to get the Nvidia/Intel/Asus/Crucial/Danger Den/Silverstone/Performance PCs/Smooth Creations/Out of the Box Mods charity build completed. It will be auctioned off with proceeds going for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. MUST have the build done by the end of the weekend.
My buddy, Paul, from Nvidia asked me months ago if I would do a mod for a charity (the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society). How could I say no. At the time we both thought it would just be a modest build and might raise a little money for a good cause. Well, things sort of went beyond what we thought with all sorts of vendors helping out. Here is a list:
Nvidia: Single PCB 295 GPU (I will have to ask who the AIB was), 3d Stereo glasses kit, Samsung 22" 3d Stereo monitor (thanks to Samsung as well)
Danger Den: Double-wide Tower case, full water-cooling including two Black Ice SR1 360 rads, pump, GPU block with custom green top, MC-TDX block with custom green top
Intel: 975 Extreme Edition Proc
Crucial: Two 256 gig SSDs and 12 gigs Green DDR3 Ballistix Tracer ram
Asus: Rampage II Gene mobo
Silverstone: Strider 1 K PSU
Performance PCs: ALL the accessories and custom sleeving services
Smooth Creations: One killer paint job on case, rads, psu
OutoftheBoxMods(me): labor

Anyways, let's start out by checking out the case (just got it mostly assembled)
Painted Panels:
dsc01897p.jpg

dsc01898.jpg

dsc01899k.jpg

Assembled (will take better lit pics tomorrow)
dsc01902q.jpg

dsc01903i.jpg

dsc01904r.jpg

dsc01905p.jpg

dsc01906.jpg

dsc01907u.jpg

dsc01908q.jpg

dsc01909.jpg

dsc01910u.jpg

dsc01911.jpg

Got to get the waterblock installed and do some sleeving before going further.

Last edited:
you never stop wowing me, i was reading an older CPU mag today, and i was reading about your anatomy mod.

What an awesome case for a great cause. Kudos to all those companies that contributed to this, and to you for taking the the time to put it all together!

Didn't get as much done today as I had hoped. Did paint the optical drive, sleeved some, installed water-block on GPU, installed a special water feature in the case, and did a few other things. Also tested all the hardware on one of my new test benches.

First, my lovely test bench (just did a quick build to test and install the OS) from my buddies at Case Appeal (http://www.caseappeal.net):

dsc01917s.jpg

dsc01919c.jpg

Installing the awesome Danger Den block on the single PCB 295 (Nvidia made it much easier to take the GPU apart). This block has a custom UV Green top.
dsc01925.jpg

dsc01926xd.jpg

dsc01927.jpg

dsc01928c.jpg

dsc01930vj.jpg

Sleeving (had to modify a few of the cables but thanks to Performance PCs for pre-sleeving some of them - if you hate sleeving consider using Performance PCs as they do good work):
dsc01915o.jpg

dsc01916d.jpg

All the cables are now sleeved. Off to the gym, then when I get back time to plug it all in, fill the coolant, and fire it up.
dsc01936o.jpg

This is looking awesome already i really like all your builds can't wait to see how this turns out.

System is running under water (you did not know it would be submersed ;) ). Made a custom mount to pimp the Crucial SSDS. Now I just need to install the case fans, pull the PSU cables tight (by connecting them to back of mobo tray), and add the LED strips from Oznium (should be receiving them tomorrow). Friday morning I will drop the build (and my American Flag build) off at PDXLAN 14.5 where it will debut and where the auction will be announced and will start online. Nvidia is handling the auction.

One cool thing is the Aero Touch 2000 fan controller. I connected the pump RPM wire to it so it displays the pump RPM as the first fan. Nice feature.

dsc01944gb.jpg

dsc01943q.jpg

dsc01942i.jpg

dsc01941g.jpg

dsc01939c.jpg

Nvidia requested I add another single PCB 295 so now I have to uni-sleeve a couple more PCI-E cables and get Danger Den to make another custom block (they will crank on out Monday for me). I displayed the rig at PDXLAN Friday night and today. Updated pictures and video on my blog www.outoftheboxmods.com

Nice build great finish with the paint inside the perspex, let us know how it does at auction?

Back