[Project Log] TOXIC CHROME (modded Corsair 250D)

alexciobanu

Limp Gawd
Qn4lHbv.png

Hi guys,

Welcome to a new build log for TOXIC CHROME where I will be modding and building a custom water cooled system in the Corsair 250D!

Huge thanks to MNPCTECH as they will be providing me with some modding supplies for the build, Icemodz who will be supplying the custom sleeved cables and RGB LED strips as well as Primochill who will be supplying a set of fittings. Also thanks to GGF Lan Party for providing the Corsair 250D case for me!

As the name suggests there will be chrome :D. The case will be painted a combination of chrome and blue, chrome for the outside panels and blue for the case frame. I will also be painting other components such as the radiators chrome too. I'm not exactly sure yet how I'm going to get the chrome paint done and if I will be able to do it myself with spray paint as that would be the only option if I was to paint it myself. I would sure love to do chrome plating but that would probably be way out of my reach to get the entire outside of the case done. I will be doing some research for the best and most efficient way to get the nice mirror chrome look that I'm after. Of course I'm open to suggestions so if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

I think the combination of chrome and blue will be really nice and the idea for the build is to see how friendly the Corsair 250D is to a custom watercooling loop and to fit as much water cooling components as I can in it and to just make it look radioactive with a glow from the inside. The mods to the case won't be that hard to do, mainly cutting new side panel windows and I will also be playing with MNPCTECH's nibbler tool and some aluminum sheets! The hard part will be getting all the components and custom loop in the way I imagine it. The 250D is smaller than the Bitfenix Prodigy I worked on with my Vault Boy build so this will be interesting.

You will see the same attention to detail as I have shown in my previous builds with Vault Boy and Green Molecule.

Here are the SPECS:

Case - Modded Corsair 250D
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z97N-Gaming 5
CPU - Intel Pentium Anniversary Edition G3258
GPU - EVGA GTX 670
Memory - 2 x 4GB G.Skill RipJaws 1600Mhz
SSD - 120GB Corsair Force GT
PSU - Corsair RM650 80Plus Gold

Cables - Icemodz custom sleeved cables

Radiators - Alphacool NexXxoS Full Copper ST30 240mm, Alphacool NexXxoS Full Copper UT60 140mm
Fans - 2 x 120mm Gelid Slim 12 UV Blue fans, 1 x 140mm Gelid Wing 14 UV Blue, 2 x 80mm Gelid Wing 8 UV Blue
Pump - Swiftech MCP35X with EK-DDC Heatsink Housing and EK-DDC XRES 140 CSQ pump top and reservoir combo
Reservoir - EK-RES X3 250 Reservoir
Fittings - Primochill Rigid Ghost Black fittings, various Bitspower matte black extension and angle fittings
Tubing - Primochill Rigid Clear PETG
CPU Block - EK-Supremacy CSQ Polished Nickel Plexi
GPU Block - EK-FC670 CSQ Polished Nickel Plexi
RAM Block - EK-RAM Monarch X2 CSQ Polished Nickel Plexi
Coolant - Mayhems X1 UV Clear Blue

Lighting - Icemodz Real UV LED Strips

But first, lets get the case ready!

Here's a quick look at the case and the layout for some components. Ignore the gold paint job as that's what the guys over at GGF had it for a custom system.

a0Smbid.jpg

ajM3zlG.jpg

CpD37nP.jpg

ZqUq2ZK.jpg

IEO2oVj.jpg

ftLAjvW.jpg

gggnDKf.jpg

dX3tbwf.jpg

UZLVkhu.jpg

kT993xi.jpg

b0VG4w1.jpg

8fFVB52.jpg

Pump with the EK 140 res mounted next to the rad here

49FBJG7.jpg

Another EK 250 res mounted horizontally here, will get rid of the drive cages and cut out a nice window for it.

WOldg2u.jpg

oWCFXjB.jpg

So the 250 res will be right underneath the 240 radiator

iE5YESC.jpg

pOMheyz.jpg

TOdLqJH.jpg

Here are the PC & Case Mod Store Supply items from Mnpctech

Mnpctech PC Case Mod Ruler & Reference Tool, http://mnpctech.com/pc-mod-tools/pc-mod-ruler/pc-modder-ruler-and-gauge.html

pc_mod_computer_repair_screw_reference_psu_tool_hardline_fitting_thickness_gauge_metric_mnpctech1.jpg

pc_mod_computer_repair_screw_reference_psu_tool_hardline_fitting_thickness_gauge_metric_mnpctech6.jpg

PC Case Panel Modding Nibbler Tool from Mnpctech, http://mnpctech.com/case-mods-gaming-pc-liquid-modding-custom-computer-mnpctech-overclock-cooling-fan-grills/pc-case-nibbler-tool.html

pc_case_mod_sheet_metal_nibbler_cutting_tool_mnpctech.jpg

Nickel Plated Vandal PC Push Button Switch for Reset or Power, http://mnpctech.com/case-mods-gaming-pc-liquid-modding-custom-computer-mnpctech-overclock-cooling-fan-grills/switches-toggle-pc-computer-power-reset/vandal-resistant-pc-power-switch-en.html

vandal_switch_pc_gaming_computer_install_guide_wire2.jpg

Mnpctech also offers anodized colored versions of this Vandal PC Push Button Switch

anodized_red_blue_green_gold_22mm_pc_mod_vandal_power_reset_switch_mnpctech.jpg

3 pack of 3M Red Scotchbrite Scuff Pads, http://mnpctech.com/case-mods-gaming-pc-liquid-modding-custom-computer-mnpctech-overclock-cooling-fan-grills/3m-scotchbrite-pads-sanding-buff-scuff-scotch/3m-scotchbrite-pads-en.html

3m_scotchbrite_pads_120mm_140mm_modders_mesh_fan_grill_mnpctech.jpg

5 pack of reinforced Dremel cutting wheels, http://mnpctech.com/pc-mod-tools/cutting-wheels.html

DiscComparison1.jpg

That's it for now peeps. Hope you will enjoy this build log and mod :D.

Thanks for checking it out.

Cheers,

Alex

Last edited:
YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

Here's an update on Toxic Chrome!

Dismantled as much of the case as I could and starting to drill the mounts for everything. Gonna get all the drilling and cutting done on the case before I get it painted. I might just get the whole thing powder coated, frame and other bits blue and then the outside panels chrome. I found a place that does chrome powder coating and it's gonna be cheaper than actually buying the paint and spraying it myself so that's good. Hopefully the chrome comes out good, we will have to see about that!

So here's the naked frame of the case pretty much.

m0KKePB.jpg

uP83q5M.jpg

And just having a look how the 250 res is gonna sit and already there is a problem with the res holders. The res fits between the side of the case and the radiator without the holders but not with them unfortunately.

Er2SOri.jpg

So what I did is broke off one side of the res holders and gonna sit the res in like that, supporting it with the holders on one side and with the case panel on the other. Also once I get fittings between it and the 240 rad, it should stay in place quite nicely.

tO9UlsA.jpg

0S8zczn.jpg

3GyNS8d.jpg

SmqWZm5.jpg

NhqgKMW.jpg

LGaqRIU.jpg

mxZsVKD.jpg

WAQFBgq.jpg

TGGO8ca.jpg

cIDsCHp.jpg

I think it looks pretty good in there. Just need to get all the side and top windows cut now and mount the other res along with the pump.

Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,

Alex

Looking good Alex. I'm in for the ride, would love to see the final outcome :)

I always find SFF custom water builds interesting, perhaps its the limited space you have work with while making sure all the hardware fits perfectly.

Looking good Alex. I'm in for the ride, would love to see the final outcome :)

I always find SFF custom water builds interesting, perhaps its the limited space you have work with while making sure all the hardware fits perfectly.

Thanks a lot Joseph :D

I love SFF builds, it's a great challenge getting everything in looking nice and tidy, especially with custom watercooling :)

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

Worked on getting the side panel window cut outs done for all the windows I will attach to the case, a total of three.

I will be bolting the clear acrylic this time and I will have it on the outside of the case. That is so I can keep the inward part where the grill on the side panel is. I have seen other people do it before and I think it looks interesting.

Here we go with the dremel and jigsaw!

XdA20Ft.jpg

ADYiUka.jpg

MaGb63z.jpg

X0tr2Db.jpg

5iaMFzx.jpg

PxgonJv.jpg

X5QqabU.jpg

Ph3UqTp.jpg

NfRkbLn.jpg

r5NTlFW.jpg

7nmtKn0.jpg

EzmO0l4.jpg

OgY0HP9.jpg

TL8PRNC.jpg

6dYSDYX.jpg

XX2nvew.jpg

latQrTs.jpg

kmykGfp.jpg

Hvf0NTH.jpg

Thanks for checking it out and I hope you like my window designs.

Cheers,

Alex

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

New update for TOXIC CHROME!

Just a quick look at the pump and other res combo that will be going in the build and how it will be placed.

Swiftech MCP35X

wTL2t3z.jpg

hU5RQy2.jpg

ROmpYqL.jpg

M89a6LT.jpg

GYDABgq.jpg

iHLGWZP.jpg

VJDTqR9.jpg

8X7amOj.jpg

Changing to a multi option top so that I can run the loop back to the top of the res.

oqWFZZy.jpg

These EK reservoirs looks awesome, first time using these!

PI1LBbc.jpg

Great little combo!

t6BWIVJ.jpg

kVDx7K7.jpg

hTNnmxi.jpg

uAqKYlN.jpg

I think it will be pretty awesome with the two reservoirs in this little case!

Cheers,

Alex

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

Back with another update on Toxic Chrome.

I made all the modifications needed on the case and it has now left to get powder coated. The frame of the case and other bits will be powder coated a dark navy blue and the side and top panels will be powder coated chrome. Hopefully the chrome powder coat will come out good.

Here's a look at the case with the side panel windows cut, filed and all ready. Also mounted the pump/res combo and drilled the hole for the Vandal switch. That is just a test Vandal switch. I will be receiving a nickel plated one from MNPCTECH which is currently on the way.

hkazviv.jpg

I know here that the res doesn't sit in the middle but in order to make the loop work I think that this is how I will need to sit it. This may change however so we will see.

rSk1ST8.jpg

9A829DS.jpg

All the side panel windows. I went and drilled holes in each corners of the windows for mounting the acrylic however I forgot to take pics of this. You guys will see that once the case is back.

il9qKRH.jpg

Pump/res combo mounted.

BlUzVUB.jpg

Vandal switch mounted on top of the front panel frame.

1GddqiF.jpg

nHDgVHp.jpg

C9fSx98.jpg

I will be making a new front panel out of 1mm aluminum which will cover this section here. I will stick that to the existing front panel in order to continue to be able to use the clip on and feature and access the dust filter behind it.

wvEBlzT.jpg

I also cut the HDD cage in half as I will need to mount this back in the case to support the MB tray. I cut some 1mm aluminum panels which will be bolted on to help clean up the HDD cage look as that will be seen through the res window.

QCeDj5T.jpg

000H8yR.jpg

All this will be powder coated blue.

And that's about it for now. Hopefully I will get the case powder coated and back sometime next week.

Cheers,

Alex

Dear lord, did you use that nibbler to cut out a window? I did that once about 15 years ago and my hand still hurts. Of course it was a relatively thick steel case. If you want some humble advice, get yourself some thick gloves for that procedure. I'd rather burn through a few dremel discs than use that thing.

Otherwise the build looks great! Nice work so far!

Dear lord, did you use that nibbler to cut out a window? I did that once about 15 years ago and my hand still hurts. Of course it was a relatively thick steel case. If you want some humble advice, get yourself some thick gloves for that procedure. I'd rather burn through a few dremel discs than use that thing.

Otherwise the build looks great! Nice work so far!

Thanks mate!

Hahaha no, I haven't receive the MNPCTECH package yet. All that was cut with a dremel and jigsaw :). I have other ideas for the nibbler :D

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

I got the case back from powder coating!

Here are some quick shots I took of the case. I think the navy blue looks awesome and matches the fan blade colour really well.

The side panels are not finished yet as they had mistakenly coated them the same navy blue, they are now getting redone in chrome.

HYmlmtx.jpg

cqGhwo5.jpg

ZxNNarT.jpg

nwOz620.jpg

ap7xzJJ.jpg

zlxj5aq.jpg

zlKMXnT.jpg

B62696B.jpg

LyRZxBj.jpg

CJyZOGV.jpg

wtsfqmC.jpg

2hq4xeN.jpg

0jWWwOr.jpg

3rf6c7K.jpg

rwIXXFb.jpg

I will be getting the front panel and rear feet colour matched to the same powder coated blue but will obviously get it painted.

ivWuzvM.jpg

BmZmH7h.jpg

Cr6utBS.jpg

CK1M0Mk.jpg

Thanks for checking it out guys and let me know what you think of the blue, I really like it.

Cheers,

Alex

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

Back with another update for the Toxic Chrome build. Sorry I've been absent for a while, been super busy with work lately.

Had some time over the weekend and worked on the motherboard.

Here's an overview and getting the red heatsinks ready for some black plasti dip!

1yOGL5w.jpg

mqTB21H.jpg

kM1CJCm.jpg

TeOvD7X.jpg

wbpzDLC.jpg

BIkNrcK.jpg

aDF9ZSJ.jpg

Also plasti dipping this little guy!

SZwNgAv.jpg

BdMnuw6.jpg

kFputSU.jpg

wWFf4j2.jpg

7CKSsDA.jpg

sIiq0WP.jpg

u430KQv.jpg

I'll be back in a day or two once all this is done, dried and back on the board!

Also an update on the side panels paint/powder coat. I've seen the chrome powder coat and it doesn't look like chrome at all. Looks like some sort of dark grey colour and not really glossy, so was not a fan of that. I did get them to do the EK ram modules which I will show you guys once done, just to see how the chrome powder coat looks. Through I probably won't end up using those either.

So what I will be doing with the side panels is taking them to a car paint shop. Chrome paint is out of my price range at this time, costing around $250 just for the paint as they told me. Though what they can do is make it a nice glossy silver and try and get it as close as possible to the chrome effect. However that still won't end up being chrome so I guess we will see.

Stay tuned for more guys! I'll try and keep the updates coming more regularly!

Cheers,

Alex

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

Motherboard is all done, here it is!

Gigabyte GA-Z97N-Gaming 5 Black Edition

oDeN6pt.jpg

7r8I06S.jpg

Ce39yIe.jpg

vxsdYnk.jpg

3p8phBs.jpg

PE06dAL.jpg

gyYw37t.jpg

BMwkhOf.jpg

m3yGBEs.jpg

f4O5p9q.jpg

TjGFGHB.jpg

dJxv5Ji.jpg

I'm also happy to announce new sponsors to the Toxic Chrome build. The cables and LED strips will now be provided by Icemodz and also Primochill who are very kind to send me a set of fittings and some PETG tubing! :thumb:

Thanks for checking it out,

Cheers,

Alex

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

Here are some photos of the G.Skill memory I will be using and also the EK memory modules.

These have been powder coated chrome and as you can see it looks more like a matte silver, so that's why I didn't like the chrome powder coat for the side panels. I will be getting new ram modules and keeping them black but wanted to show you guys this anyway.

uVFmDRa.jpg

ZoZx1aj.jpg

8zfyLG6.jpg

wPPYuox.jpg

Os4KuPZ.jpg

HGMNF5c.jpg

tfoZZZB.jpg

1ETbPzj.jpg

Jbb22NC.jpg

Also cleaned up the rear i/o shield

tBmhU1D.jpg

wAzxuUI.jpg

Suits the build better this way!

tTaL9uF.jpg

Stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

Here's a better look at the case and the awesome blue powder coat :D

SciVwUu.jpg

4atDwA3.jpg

nlUHNSS.jpg

uoNp6ZY.jpg

RlDwGbn.jpg

Ow5ODiI.jpg

BI0vaMu.jpg

vhjXBMM.jpg

X6xowfo.jpg

jdc2hQw.jpg

Cheers,

Alex

I always wondered what you guys do with the Memory heat sinks after you take them off.

Also this is looking awesome.

I always wondered what you guys do with the Memory heat sinks after you take them off.

Also this is looking awesome.

Thanks mate :)

I don't really do anything with the original memory heatshink, just keep it in case I need it for the future.

Cheers,

Alex

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

Here's a quick look at some of the components going in the build. The CPU, fans and PSU.

Custom decals for the PSU and fans incoming!

8oTiHwS.jpg

Za5sgqk.jpg

6M2ZiYd.jpg

sgoYJCl.jpg

FGGUxLg.jpg

Here you can see the difference between the 15mm slim Gelid fans and 25mm normal ones.

adiZk1z.jpg

y0zS17T.jpg

8tyoDV1.jpg

6OhKQEh.jpg

VH0zIb7.jpg

nOEz3yF.jpg

JI4zybc.jpg

GTeoY2O.jpg

Cheers,

Alex

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

Here's a quick look at all the waterblocks!

Gave them all a quick polish, no sanding was done, just applied the solution and used the Dremel with the polishing cloth attachment to polish around everywhere.

Quick, easy and they came out pretty good!

YSAtWY0.jpg

dgRyO8E.jpg

The frame of the CPU block was also done in the same powder coat chrome as the RAM modules however this also won't stay. I'm getting along with new RAM modules the nickel plated frame that EK offer. Should look pretty good with that on.

sj06lWo.jpg

Yth7MuK.jpg

TDtezi4.jpg

moQX6Jb.jpg

4Qet8Zq.jpg

Also giving this poor SSD a make over, was pulled from my Fractal Desing ARC Mini R2 build before becoming the Green Molecule. Not exactly sure what happened to the label on it.

Fbw6334.jpg

Everything looks good on the inside and still works well.

6wYjTAK.jpg

That's it for now. I'm working on this build everyday after work pretty much now so updates should be rolling in regularly.

Cheers,

Alex

YV2iYvL.jpg

Time for another update! Slowly getting everything in the case to figure out the loop layout and if I need any more fittings :)

Painted the thumbscrews for the EK Supremacy black, think it goes better with the motherboard like this.

cCg4AXM.jpg

The little Pentium is in :D

WpGzpS2.jpg

I might change the CPU block layout, depending on the way I want to go with the loop.

3RWwVZu.jpg

uRPhPK4.jpg

w8MWV6t.jpg

7spMNwE.jpg

dVQlpJe.jpg

j7DaaKN.jpg

Also here it the GPU, this was in the Green Molecule build in SLI before the tear down.

nd8mYDO.jpg

Ic0YPgt.jpg

V1LD716.jpg

Will cut some vinyl to cover those pink and purple capacitors.

Wgd63Wf.jpg

Cheers,

Alex

YV2iYvL.jpg

Things are getting a little bit tight in the case!

I figured out the loop for the build, I might need some more fittings to make it work and keep it nice and clean. Need to get the cables in first and see, they're currently on the way from Icemodz :D

NW6Pnat.jpg

T0DdaHB.jpg

ZzdiORg.jpg

C9yyoJD.jpg

wkJY46l.jpg

MYL48eU.jpg

miT8v9B.jpg

kE8Szuk.jpg

I really like the way this build is taking shape, let me know what you guys think.

Cheers,

Alex

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

Here's the package that came from Bill over at MNPCTECH. Thanks a lot for the support, I really appreciate it and I hope you guys like the build once it's finished. I'm sure the modding supplies will come in handy for a lot of future builds to come.

For a lot more awesome stuff check out MNPCTECH on Facebook , YouTube and their mod store mnpctech.com

And while you're on Facebook check out my page too, Simple Modz.

1wwdYqO.jpg

3M Red Scotchbrite Scuff Pads

0mQnsSl.jpg

Mnpctech PC Case Mod Ruler & Reference Tool

O1UAMEX.jpg

c3kyxIw.jpg

This was an extra item included, I will surely put it to good use, cheers Bill!

VQrsFTm.jpg

nMhna3J.jpg

PC Case Panel Modding Nibbler Tool

22owogB.jpg

rdreUoJ.jpg

fuaUa2b.jpg

Reinforced Dremel cutting wheels

WzTfvaf.jpg

Vandal PC Push Button Switch Blue anodized

PtTGWYk.jpg

iO6ymah.jpg

Nickel Plated Vandal PC Push Button Switch

OVSVJvQ.jpg

And finally, the awesome Mod Zoo case badge. I have a special spot for this on the back of the case!

BC0llXo.jpg

The quality of everything received is just excellent and I can truly see the effort put into all these items, thanks a lot for the support guys!

Cheers,

Alex

YV2iYvL.jpg

Okay guys, here it is! The case is nearly done, just need to get the acrylic windows on get the front panel Corsair piece on after cutting.

Maybe some of you have been waiting to see this since I announce the chrome painting. I hope you guys won't be disappointed as it this is not chrome but still looks very very good and I really like it. Like I explained, actual chrome paint or chrome plating would have been too expensive for my budged.

The panels are spot on and any imperfections you may see are all reflections from the surroundings. Though to bring the case outside to really showcase the paint job.

The front panel and also the rear case feet have been colour matched to the blue powder coat!

f7NVpGk.jpg

You can also see I made an acrylic piece and mounted it on the inside to cover the 5.25" bay. Drilled a small hole in the middle for the power button cable.

qULYcx9.jpg

mZS3Okd.jpg

Dust filter

EUZpgLj.jpg

And the front panel cover, might need some cleaning up around the edges but really happy with the glossy look

BQin54d.jpg

Here is a good look at the side panel paint job

xGmzz5b.jpg

tSsSXLk.jpg

5tPQ8do.jpg

12VsItQ.jpg

e1qUo9p.jpg

Will end up using the Blue vandal switch, fits better than the nickel plated one. Lucky Bill sent me this one too!

nOoij9n.jpg

fgCTwDd.jpg

And this is the front panel cover, the Corsair shape will be cut out and then painted same as the side panels. This will be stuck over the original front panel cover and still be able to use the clip on feature and access the dust filter behind it.

mVNlvq3.jpg

Let me know what you guys think! Shady here seems to approve!

gvqylGC.jpg

Cheers,

Alex

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

Small update on the build and a very special announcement!

Firstly the announcement!

I'm very proud to say that the TOXIC CHROME build has been nominated in the Bit-Tech Mod of the Month for May 2015. You can find the voting link here if you want to show some love for my build!

Such an honor to have been nominated!

And now on to the build! I have the windows on, 3mm thick clear acrylic. Hope you guys like!

UkDb885.jpg

gTlGgVm.jpg

nJfpcWs.jpg

W0Q2fNO.jpg

bJyeWZi.jpg

wViPQfl.jpg

3c1ShXd.jpg

aNDuFNR.jpg

RgCdMSE.jpg

Think the windows look very good on the outside, something different! What do you guys think?

Cheers,

Alex

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

Here's the work I did on the front panel mod.

The piece is 1.2mm aluminum and what I used for the cutting is a Dremel Moto-Saw as you can see from the pictures. It's like a mini portable scroll saw, very handy and really good for the price.

fckAQDC.jpg

ixIcT5X.jpg

I drilled small holes in the panel first so that I can begin the cutting with the scroll saw.

LStjh0g.jpg

Bit of a learning curve with this but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy. And it cut through this aluminum panel with no effort at all.

h6sskZI.jpg

As you can see, the vinyl is my guide.

nem2zBy.jpg

Here all the cutting was done and it was time for the filing to make it nice, smooth and even

sylBhzq.jpg

AMCt3In.jpg

I cut the corners same shape as the windows, gave it a scuff everywhere and it was done.

GiiocWB.jpg

The whole thing took me about 3 hours to do. Now to get it sprayed!

KNz3meE.jpg

I think it came out looking awesome and was surprised how easy it was to cut it once I got the hang of the scroll saw.

The Dremel Moto-Saw will definitely come in handy from now on, I wonder how it will do on some steel or thicker panels.

Let me know what you guys think?

Cheers,

Alex

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys!

After a lot of exiting news from E3 as well as AMD and watching a bunch of press conferences over the past few days, it's time to get back to work on the build!

Those of you who know me and also my Vault Boy case mod can absolutely guarantee that I jumped on the Fallout 4 Pip-Boy Edition straight after the Bethesda press conference! There are also a lot of ideas spinning around in my head about another Fallout case mod, a different one this time with a more post-apocalyptic look! If and when I decide to do that you will all surely find out :D

Back to the build!

Here is all the vinyl work I did for some of the components with some chrome vinyl!

DC4OX2N.jpg

7mUbEnk.jpg

PQmnSdy.jpg

KO5K3qO.jpg

4Kx0HUa.jpg

CFSHqvN.jpg

iH7S87d.jpg

p4gCUi0.jpg

iuar9IQ.jpg

31TLd0Y.jpg

nJI21FU.jpg

YmE6fi8.jpg

You can see the SSD has been painted black. Also the fans cables have been shortened, crimped and re-sleeved, only some that needed it. I chose the toxic symbol for them, think it suits the build and also just a circle on the back to cover the fan housing.

Let me know what you guys think.

And guys the Mod of the Month voting is still going on Bit-Tech until the 28th of June and the race is really close! Have a look and cast a vote if you haven't done so already.

Cheers,

Alex

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

Today I shortened and sleeved the DDC pump and added one missing piece to the pump and res combo in order to be able to properly bring the loop back to the top of the res.

It's sort of like a Bitspower aquapipe but out of a piece of acrylic that EK offer for these reservoir tops.

Originally I wanted to use the Bitspower aquapipe as I have quite a few laying around however EK chose to have larger than G1/4" threads on the inside of these tops for some reason so the aquapipe didn't work. Luckily I found the acrylic tube that EK offer locally.

Once I received it, just had to shorten it to fit this res.

kEX8HFL.jpg

nzdy1kh.jpg

N9evEfK.jpg

2nLrwb9.jpg

These are the threads on the inside of the res top.

4AjTWKY.jpg

Easily done :)

aWyDaiq.jpg

owWaNCN.jpg

EhRvh8T.jpg

Gfr2uYZ.jpg

K4s0Oof.jpg

Thanks for checking it out and stay tuned for more to come over the weekend!

Cheers,

Alex

YV2iYvL.jpg

Here's the new EK stuff I received. Nickel plated mounting bracket and a new clear Supremacy EVO top, part of the upgrade kit. Also new RAM modules to replace the ones that were powder coated before.

hmKI4BV.jpg

slETmyJ.jpg

vKXDt4U.jpg

l9hj8m7.jpg

Made some decal stickers for the RAM modules to go with the toxic theme :)

rQUFRIU.jpg

osjChFx.jpg

Pretty nice looking little combo!

cVf7IW0.jpg

PUGwc2G.jpg

mbrj3xy.jpg

vppQJ0k.jpg

TriZgC8.jpg

JL1Q0Gm.jpg

Starting to get components back in the case. Still waiting on fittings, tubing and cables to arrive.

Cheers,

Alex

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

Front panel is done and here is how I applied it on, very simple with some double sided 3M tape.

y7Se84y.jpg

DdXyMCn.jpg

PNVrWDJ.jpg

w1RYfH2.jpg

qOjs4zJ.jpg

For some reason these following pics I only have from my phone, not sure what happened with the ones from the camera :(

9pLkv2S.jpg

ry2RtV7.jpg

2XyGqHR.jpg

Thanks for checking it out and hope you guys like the finished front panel!

Cheers,

Alex

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

Front panel is done and here is how I applied it on, very simple with some double sided 3M tape.

y7Se84y.jpg

DdXyMCn.jpg

PNVrWDJ.jpg

w1RYfH2.jpg

qOjs4zJ.jpg

For some reason these following pics I only have from my phone, not sure what happened with the ones from the camera :(

9pLkv2S.jpg

ry2RtV7.jpg

2XyGqHR.jpg

Thanks for checking it out and hope you guys like the finished front panel!

Cheers,

Alex

Amazing mod. Keep up the good work.

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

Another quick update. The GPU is good to go and I also cut up these fan frames that will go around all the fans in the build to give them more colour.

You can see on the GPU the pink and purple caps have been covered with chrome vinyl.

EYWIU4k.jpg

VUZB2vi.jpg

YeFpXMe.jpg

R1Jzj0h.jpg

This is the design I went for with the frames to just cover the edges of the fans.

VV62YTD.jpg

Just need to get painted and filed down a little bit more, will be same silver colour as the side and front panel.

2kVcZ3b.jpg

Cheers,

Alex

I like the build so far. It looks mad clean. Can't wait till you get to the tubing and the wire management section. That's like my favorite part of all builds.

I like the build so far. It looks mad clean. Can't wait till you get to the tubing and the wire management section. That's like my favorite part of all builds.

Thanks a lot :D

Hopefully won't be too long until I can start cable routing and tubing. Currently waiting for fittings and cables to arrive.

Thanks a lot :D

Hopefully won't be too long until I can start cable routing and tubing. Currently waiting for fittings and cables to arrive.

Can you take some pic's of the tube bending process? I'm interested and I would love to try that some day. I got out of water cooling but one day I want to build a mini ITX build with watercooling.

Back