[Project Log] - IN WIN G1 (modded In Win 909)

alexciobanu

Limp Gawd
G8iKLyY.png

Hey guys and welcome to my In Win G1 project log!

I've been busy working on my Thermaltake CaseMOD Invivational build lately and as that is getting close to completion it's time to start a new project!

I have been very excited for this project for a while and it's great to finally be able to start working on it!

For those in Australia and going to PAX AU, you will be able to see it in the Nvidia area with MSY as one of the Nvidia Battlestation rigs doing 4K G-Sync demos!

I want to say a huge thanks to all the sponsors which includes Gigabyte, In Win, Avexir, EKWBs, RamCity, Primochill and Icemodz!

Here are the specs:

Case - In Win 909
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming G1
CPU - Intel i7 6700K
Memory - 4 x 4GB Avexit Blitz White LED 2400Mhz DDR4 Memory
GPU - 2 x Gigabyte GTX980ti Gaming G1
SSD - 2 x 500GB Crucial MX200 SSDs
M.2 - 2 x 512GB Samsung SM951 PCI-E M.2 SSDs
PSU - Corsair AX860

Cables - Icemodz Fully Custom Individually Sleeved Cables

LEDs - Icemodz RGB LED Strips

Radiators - EK-CoolStream PE 360 & EK-CoolStreak PE 240
Fans - 7 x EK-Vardar F4-120ER (2200rpm) White
Pump - EK-D5 Vario
Reservoir - PrimoChill 240mm CTR Phase II High Flow D5 Enabled Reservoir System
Fittings - PrimoChill Rigid Revolver Compression Fitting sets of red and black, Various Bitspower angle fittings, pass-throughs and extensions
Tubing - Primochill 1/2" Rigid PETG Tube Clear
CPU Block - EK-Supremacy EVO - Nickel Plexi
GPU Block - EK-FC980 GTX Ti WF3 - Nickel Plexi with clear Plexi inlet/outlet and backplates
Coolant - Mayhems Aurora Silver/White

This will be a black, red and white themed system based around the awesome Gigabyte Z170X Gaming G1 motherboard!

I want to start off with some pics of the beautiful In Win 909 case!

kz6gsSl.jpg

nE8GPJC.jpg

SYKVxm9.jpg

dGmUZLr.jpg

GfMonKA.jpg

TYJJOyr.jpg

UeArxkq.jpg

Vn2NaBr.jpg

aYq20aE.jpg

HDqLvbK.jpg

4zEj8Ha.jpg

LTn7hxr.jpg

YEPiAR8.jpg

AWgLaUL.jpg

Hope you guys will enjoy this one!

Stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

G8iKLyY.png

Hey guys!

Here is the case without the outside frame. I will start to give it a little bit of modding love!

XKD2QSc.jpg

boOKjiW.jpg

CmJQ4W2.jpg

OOCJMEl.jpg

o2HD2km.jpg

RmKHIJT.jpg

pWZXeJD.jpg

Jx2J5Si.jpg

734fzW2.jpg

HDD cages were riveted in so I had to drill them out!

CKnBol4.jpg

Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,

Alex

G8iKLyY.png

Hey guys!

I took the jig saw to the top of the case and expanded the hole in the top. It came out pretty good minus a minor slip when I was fining the cut edges.

The case is ready for powder coating now though. Will be a pretty cool colour if anyone can guess :D

20DFNCn.jpg

P7DHHfD.jpg

YGGlRPF.jpg

rQfYbnT.jpg

Cheers,

Alex

G8iKLyY.png

Hi guys!

I present to you the Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming G1 motherboard! This thing is a beast and I'm so excited to have it going in the system!

With 4-way SLI support, dual PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 support, integrated watercooling with G1/4" threads, PCIe metal shielding, USB Type-C connection and USB 3.1 support as well as an awesome multi-colour LED trace path that even lights up the rear I/O shield, this is in my opinion one of the best looking and feature packed Z170 motherboards out there at the moment!

aqtWeoW.jpg

Dn7j10F.jpg

ylZMxta.jpg

CDz5NdF.jpg

qUFDS5D.jpg

hEc5PNy.jpg

PVvkEkv.jpg

AmoDLea.jpg

uPWFxsM.jpg

bqy2Yod.jpg

J4QUATH.jpg

3CKBwcg.jpg

FrS8B9P.jpg

fXf3Fqx.jpg

Thanks for checking it out guys!

Cheers,

Alex

G8iKLyY.png

Gigabyte Gaming G1 GTX 980TIs to go with the Gigabyte Z170 Gaming G1 motherboard!

I guess you guys can tell why I named this build In Win G1!

Thanks a lot to Gigabyte for the support on this project!

Like I said for the motherboard in the previous post, the same for these GPUs, some of the best 980TIs out there at the moment. And they are really good looking too!

I'm not sure if I mentioned before but PAX AU is coming up this weekend and this build will be on display in the Gigabyte area at the MSY booth! Anyone from Australia and going to PAX make sure to check it out. Also I will be stationed at the Cooler Master booth doing some live modding and workshops, please stop by and say hi!

Now lets check out these cards!!!

ZBDlz4H.jpg

zpm3coR.jpg

FE3T1Eo.jpg

tiwFJHT.jpg

980TI sandwich anyone?

d0cpNvL.jpg

zXwU5ck.jpg

bq7v5Q4.jpg

52QS3Ie.jpg

q1JANwC.jpg

IOApOkW.jpg

bOi2OI3.jpg

bfz9rpD.jpg

S0divBD.jpg

vbfNUNe.jpg

Thanks for checking it out and stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

G8iKLyY.png

Here's the internal chassis back from powder coating and some more pics of the GPUs and MB together :)

a91J4b8.png

a9J1WSC.png

OgtxE4M.png

ZapDcVc.png

TKCM6Qh.jpg

klWmNH2.jpg

B5NzbKm.jpg

RZfFR0q.jpg

Cheers,

Alex

G8iKLyY.png

Hey guys!

Back with another hardware showcase update this time for EKWBs who have kindly supplied most of the watercooling gear that will be going in the system!

Very sexy packaging as always from EK!

KNQ5qfk.jpg

6cfKwKz.jpg

The white Vardar fans, 2200rpm build for radiators with excellent static pressure!

LNy5fHP.jpg

EIL3GLc.jpg

zXzfa3y.jpg

UQGMtkC.jpg

PE 240 and 360 rads, 45mm thick.

RqQUhKY.jpg

And the stars of the show, the waterblocks for the Gigabyte GTX 980TI Gaming G1 cards!

GokGDor.jpg

03C2skI.jpg

mnRYYD6.jpg

QDcu7U4.jpg

cvvnH7o.jpg

Also included are clear inlet/outlet and backplates

7Swq1eN.jpg

v7ZayEF.jpg

There is also an EK-Supremacy EVO nickel plexi CPU block going in as well!

Thanks for checking it out guys and stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

Watching this one. Makes me wish I'd gone in to modding more, back when I had some cash to throw at it.

G8iKLyY.png

Hey guys!

Here are some awesome goodies from Primochill!

Rigid Revolver fittings and compression reservoir with D5 mount!

K8nCF6Y.jpg

Yen5HcM.jpg

jJK6XNw.jpg

pFMu0BG.jpg

cZXdf4K.jpg

CLUfrzv.jpg

ftoU7U8.jpg

SMXk0JD.jpg

3L7pfK9.jpg

36t2p3a.jpg

mR5Fe7d.jpg

m7Oxphy.jpg

elXERD2.jpg

Vx8GOBL.jpg

Cheers,

Alex

G8iKLyY.png

Hi guys!

Here's some of the gear in the case and also the red frame is back in.

You can see a custom acrylic plate where the reservoir is mounted with a pass-through fitting going down into the main compartment and also a cover for the PSU area with the In Win logo on it :D

6xt9ENa.jpg

pa4JdTx.jpg

TH293kG.jpg

xReiZe2.jpg

Fill port in the top

dRMW7B9.jpg

bk9vko9.jpg

PzX7ZCq.jpg

MNPCTECH grill on there just for the cool look. It goes with the bits of silver on the motherboard :p

pcoBsHa.jpg

Cheers,

Alex

G8iKLyY.png

Hi guys!

Here's the 6700K CPU and also the cool Avexir Blitz DDR4 memory :D

Also a bit of testing with all the hardware.

ziU3mNn.jpg

ObGByMU.jpg

GFpuusg.jpg

MWvk9Me.jpg

FDqDNZB.jpg

uRHehPX.jpg

YD38K7t.jpg

iwJ13zN.jpg

lMkfwot.jpg

Cheers,

Alex

Is there EL wire or something running through that back panel, or is it just a trick of the lighting in that second-to-last shot?

Is there EL wire or something running through that back panel, or is it just a trick of the lighting in that second-to-last shot?

Do you mean the light in the AMP up audio bit or the rear I/O? They both light up and the MB has 7 different lighting colours you can chose from :D

G8iKLyY.png

Hi guys!

I have some fancy looking SLI bridges to showcase today! You may have seen the Gigabyte one in the previous update :)

That's the one I'm using in this system however I have the Nvidia and ASUS ones as well and thought it'd be good to do a comparison photo shoot. Which one do you like best?

I think it does depend on what brands you prefer as well and also the theme of your build. I'll be slightly modding the Gigabyte one with a white Gigabyte Eye logo instead of the blue.

Also the cables from Icemodz are incredible as always. Check out those closed combs, awesome!

fFfiUia.jpg

fEauXSn.jpg

Vs520fJ.jpg

iEe4i5l.jpg

5DjGJSv.jpg

j8n0hHU.jpg

MwUuWxW.jpg

1nBYmbK.jpg

zd9i1wj.jpg

pzXKeuu.jpg

zWnAiO4.jpg

26zglay.jpg

haOB2sN.jpg

Thanks for checking it out guys and stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

G8iKLyY.png

Alright guys here are some shots before I filled up the build!

This was pretty much a day before it had to get shipped out to PAX AU and I was really running out of time which is why the build log fell behind since then.

Should get the build pretty much up to date with the next update :)

Hope you guys like it so far!

QHjm3ZO.jpg

TrdHuWU.jpg

2ifcH4o.jpg

A shot of the cable management, ignore the Adata drive, there were two Crucial SSDs put in there in the end!

y9C0gE1.jpg

Still need to show you guys the decals I did on it afterwards, mainly for the sponsors for the PAX display :)

Cheers,

Alex

I /really/ like how this turned out. Only suggestion I'd make would be finding a way to diffuse the LED strips, as the spotlighting is a little distracting in photos. It may look even better in person. Great job though.

I /really/ like how this turned out. Only suggestion I'd make would be finding a way to diffuse the LED strips, as the spotlighting is a little distracting in photos. It may look even better in person. Great job though.

Thanks a lot :D

Yea these pics are not very good. Will have better pics up soon :)

G8iKLyY.png

Hi guys,

You can see the decals I did on the case here, mainly for sponsors for the PAX display. But I really like them, give the build a sorta race car look!

kDSxWfy.jpg

xnQbEwP.jpg

uwG0MgJ.jpg

Also the SLI bridge mod. It's a piece of acrylic stock over the original Gigabyte eye. I didn't want to ruin this SLI bridge as it's pretty unique so making a cover made sense :)

ebVRTOk.jpg

ADQyzU0.jpg

Gh2qqv8.jpg

Y4Drq4H.jpg

x30NSzN.jpg

TQjSRXi.jpg

Cheers,

Alex

Is that cosmetic mica mixed into the coolant?

How does that effect the longevity of the pump?

^^^
Didn't even notice that... I imagine it completely destroys the pump, but then, this is a showcase system so I guess longevity isn't a big issue.

^^^
Didn't even notice that... I imagine it completely destroys the pump, but then, this is a showcase system so I guess longevity isn't a big issue.

It's possible that it's fine enough that it doesn't hurt the pump at all, which is why I asked. You don't even feel it when they add that stuff to liquids like shampoo or hand soap.

I've seen museum displays that used a similar arrangement with a fluid mixed with the mica getting pumped through something. I would assume pump wear must be a tractable issue for a museum display that has to run 24/7.

Excellent work!!!!

Thanks a lot :D

Is that cosmetic mica mixed into the coolant?

How does that effect the longevity of the pump?

^^^

It's possible that it's fine enough that it doesn't hurt the pump at all, which is why I asked. You don't even feel it when they add that stuff to liquids like shampoo or hand soap.

I've seen museum displays that used a similar arrangement with a fluid mixed with the mica getting pumped through something. I would assume pump wear must be a tractable issue for a museum display that has to run 24/7.

The coolant is Mayhems Aurora II and it is a show coolant which I used specially for the PAX AU display. Consider this V1 of the build as the graphics cards are being watercooled as well and the coolant will be changed to Ice White :)

But with the coolant it has these special particles flowing through it and it doesn't destroy anything, the pump or blocks. The only thing that can happen if you do not have good flow is for the particle to settle in places and clog the loop however with good flow that doesn't happen and you would need to ensure the coolant is returned back to the top of the reservoir like I have it here not to the bottom as you can do on others. I've run this for about a month now and it has lost it's effect, you will see in the later photos I will post. Can still see the particles but not as intense, still looks cool though :)

Hope this clears it up with the coolant a bit :)

Cheers, Alex

G8iKLyY.png

Hi guys!

Here are the few pics that I have of the system at PAX Australia :D

Also I'm proud to announce that the In Win G1 build has been nominated for MOTM over on Bit-Tech!

Show some love with a vote: http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=296030

d0l4ObQ.jpg

6ZhsSoM.jpg

E0PlekS.jpg

Hope these pics show the build a bit better!

Will post pics from my studio with the next update :D

Cheers,

Alex

G8iKLyY.png

Hey guys!

Here are final pics for V1 of this build! V2 coming very shortly as I watercool the graphics cards as well and redo the custom loop.

This has been running the Mayhems Aurora 2 coolant for about a month or so and as you can see it has lost most of its effect. It changed colour a bit and in the tubes it looks clear. I will be using EK Ice White coolant for V2.

These are just a few of the photos I took. For over 60 pics of the finished build you can check out this album on my Facebook page and maybe drop a like as well. You may see other cool things and stuff a bit earlier than on the forums.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.917425941679000.1073741847.772776719477257&type=3

Also the LEDs may look a bit bluish in the pics but it is RGB and set to white.

lXWX3bn.jpg

1FJzN3t.jpg

dzOCTH1.jpg

3n1y5K8.jpg

hO2iVYb.jpg

nRINw6S.jpg

GNqvnl2.jpg

bhYg6qJ.jpg

bHlz0J9.jpg

GYAWDxu.jpg

G69mK8K.jpg

spM2lL1.jpg

fWR39a8.jpg

O95o1N5.jpg

G8iKLyY.png

Hey guys!

Started working on the new loop!

Graphics cards have been dismantled and EK waterblocks are being installed!

You can also see I've started redoing some of the tubing!

JNqMxVm.jpg

xUu7KVe.jpg

LNz0lzr.jpg

lrI6syJ.jpg

One beefy cooler :p

TSbYpNa.jpg

PEI7vHz.jpg

KfGNXUr.jpg

The top bend was pretty tricky do to as the fittings were not lining up

Ezzw29o.jpg

I had to extend the top pass through fitting lower a bit but I'm happy with the end result :)

WRzaJ0l.jpg

Cheers,

Alex

G8iKLyY.png

The full cover EK Waterblocks are installed on the graphics cards and they look incredible!

I had a small photo shoot before putting them in the system, have a look!

H683T2r.jpg

9xTLPbT.jpg

Ka6VrnI.jpg

mkkhNlu.jpg

hnvgRw5.jpg

6wf8C0K.jpg

dlIaubH.jpg

VKVSvcz.jpg

xqPyrbS.jpg

0wej2e2.jpg

ccqTl2O.jpg

qte9A6V.jpg

Cheers,

Alex

G8iKLyY.png

Hey guys!

New tubing is done and the build is once again in one piece ready for filling!

Using EK Pastel White this time and going to be stick with that for the long term :D

Have a look at the new tubing, I'm loving the look of this :D

19qsVri.jpg

LyhDvVo.jpg

pQkw65y.jpg

yigM2Bd.jpg

nuTPyeh.jpg

HRkzplx.jpg

yYzmSvl.jpg

phUwa2Q.jpg

ND7bdGT.jpg

Thanks for checking it out guys :D

Cheers!

Alex

G8iKLyY.png

Hey guys,

Here are the final pictures for V2 of this build! Sorry, they're a bit later than promised but I've been very busy lately, moving house as well as dealing with some personal issues.

Things are starting to pick up now so hopefully more exciting things coming!

Speaking of exciting things, I can confirm that this build will be on display at Computex 2016 all thank to Avexir! This is a huge honour for me! If anyone ends up there, keep an eye out!

Let have a look at the build guys!

fifYsAY.jpg

lHwZGUF.jpg

vS2ptx3.jpg

WJNRb8P.jpg

7471vsk.jpg

0WU8qrx.jpg

GI4r9wG.jpg

tFp27ly.jpg

m3obuEn.jpg

k1AZ04F.jpg

XkUKDix.jpg

Adpx9gJ.jpg

gBZ2yt4.jpg

PZxkJjN.jpg

Hope you guys like it!

Again I want to say a huge thanks to all the sponsors on this project, it's definitely been one of the more exciting projects I've worked on in 2015!

Thanks Gigabyte, In Win, Avexir, EK Water Blocks, Primochill, Ram City and Icemodz!

For over 60 final pics of this build you can check out the album on my page here - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.938369092918018.1073741853.772776719477257&type=3

Stay tuned for more exciting projects to come in 2016!

Cheers,

Alex

The more I look at that case, the less sense the layout makes.... not your fault, just InWin madness. Great build.

Hi guys,

I have some new updates on this build :)

After two versions it's now going into V3

AVEXIR have asked me to display the build at their Computex booth coming up and it's going through some changes for this. Changing some of the hardware and the loop a little bit.

Due to the changes new build name is IN WIN PREMIUM :D

Hope you guys enjoy these quick updates on this build yet again.

First up, new motherboard and graphics cards!

S1vfCnm.jpg

FbfvxRH.jpg

xS8GSJA.jpg

nlDaQjg.jpg

ynJ8IIG.jpg

Jxy5N20.jpg

ISxx7Ox.jpg

zUAfxkV.jpg

6C5Lzoy.jpg

UM9hD0a.jpg

QTt1Rxb.jpg

f8D5Twl.jpg

Thanks for checking it out and stay tuned for more.

Cheers,

Alex

Hi guys,

I've added some vinyl to the motherboard to bring it in line with the theme of the build!

Most of the other things will be a straight swap :)

Also a look at the EK Supremacy EVO CPU block and Avexir Blitz Memory.

w28t0xQ.jpg

33elDWq.jpg

qmhy4xn.jpg

IY1d5ar.jpg

vq5zLmi.jpg

jXk0Exv.jpg

XxKWLpG.jpg

QVBOxxY.jpg

3uhEzRM.jpg

JbCwpea.jpg

Cheers,