[Project] L3p D3sk

Off course that would be such an honor, but i guess they don't like sponsored builds :(

I just can't stop, so some pictures again :)

Ordered some extra black bolts for fixing fans to the rad.
Also for future usage off course.

Also got a nice package from Highflow ontvangen.

2 momentary switches will be for "dimming" the 2 pumps.
The 3rd is to replace the "dot illuminated" switch i use for the reset button.
I do like the ring illuminated more.

Also wanted to try the Bitfenix sleeved cables.
I'll use these for the pumps too.
Very nice and soft sleeve by the way.

And this is all i was able to do this week :p

Wow, nice! You are addicted to modding it aren't you. ;)

not quite the same as sex, however it's fucking around that's addictive. and whatever you're "fucking around" with is another matter, 'gina or other parts (pun intended)

Man.... Your desk is so good <3 Im going to do meaby a desk like that later on when i got some money. Meaby next summer :) Ever looked how much this build cost overall without sponsorers? ;)

Here's a small update about my plans :)

This summer I will continue with a custom reservoir in D3sk.
It'll be located in the middle of my desk, below my keyboard.
I'll do this later because I had just had it with the desk for now :p

I do have been busy with planning the next build.
This time not a scratch build but a casemod, especially to visit lanparty's.

So more on that later in a new buildlog:)

My Site + photos from the build logs http://www.l3p.nl are still not working.
There are still so many requests that 3 servers till now couldn't hold it
Some gentlemen of Tweakers.net are now looking what they can do.
(Thanks Bo, zeef and Kees!)

This week i tested the controller that I would use for the 2 Laing D5 pumps.
On one way or another, it doesn't adjust the speed as I wanted it, with 2 Bulgin momentary switches in 8 increments from 0% to 100%.

Later that evening I tried it with 120mm fans and it worked perfect.
The LED in the Bulgin even dims along with the fan speed. (Although this is difficult to see in the movie)
So I think i will use it with the 8x120mm fans in the desk that are now running at 5V, but then @ 12V with 2 Bulgin switches do arrange 0% -100% in 8 steps.

The two extra buttons will be placed just next to the power, reset button and lights button, so five in a row.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiA_TTytsMM"]YouTube - &#x202a;L3p D3sk - "Dimming" the fans with Bulgin momentary switches&#x202c;&rlm;[/ame]

Last edited:
My own site is finally up again, so all the pictures are available in the buildlog again :p
I'm also very proud of being ROTM @ Guru3D.com !

Some small changes i did the last few weeks on the desk.
Made the ROG logo more visible with an "acid green" look.

Also used EK thermal pads for the HDD's, not for the cooling but for the resonance.
It's even more quiet then in the video now.

This summer further on with the custom reservoir in the middle of the desk.
At this moment im busy with my new build 'L3p L4n' specially for the lans im attending next year.

This was linked in WLWC from the depths of Genmay. Just had to stop by and necro this thread since it's such an awesome build.

Fantastic stuff man.

Very nice. Why not do the plexi under the keyboard as well? If anything just for photos if it lifts it to high for comfortable use.

Well, it's been a truly indescribable modding year for me, and I wanted to close out this tremendous honor by thanking the following sponsors, friends and fans.
In case you missed it (pun intended), I somehow managed to scrape by extremely talented competition and pull some awards in the process.
It still makes me so proud, as the competition was refined and full of talent!

Bit-Tech Mod Of The Year and Guru3D Rig Of The Year
Other achievements

As a bonus to the supportive community, I am sharing some unseen photos of the finished project.

P1070456%20%5B550x%5D.JPG

After submitting this post, I will be focusing on my current casemod and company, Red Harbinger.
I have met some incredible people along the way with the L3p D3sk.
I know a lot of you were very interested in building or buying the L3p D3sk, and I am happy to announce we will be producing it for sale; the manufacture prototypes are being created as I type this final message.
As a founding member of Red Harbinger Inc., you can expect to see current and future builds (including the L3p D3sk) for actual purchase.
Again, thanks for all your support and feedback; I could not have done it without the strong support of the community!

Acknowledgements:

My wife and daughter for all their patience.
Neighbors Babs & Gepke
Rudi & Susanne Kirst van Camping de Kuilaart.
Pascal for inspiring me.
Hendrik van Slooten
Richard Keirsgieter
cK-Leds
Freddy from the Highflow forum.
Vincent from the Highflow forum.
wwwicked from the Highflow forum.
Antony Leather from Bit-Tech.net
Hilbert from Guru3D.com
Highflow.nl and all the forum members for making me addicted to water-cooling.
Bit-tech.net and all the forum members.
Guru3D.com and all the forum members.
All the supporting sites who placed articles or where I could place my buildlog.
All the readers, supporters and voters from all the buildlogs all over the world.
Fans for all the emails and compliments coming in from every part of the planet!
I can't express what it really means to have so many fans interested in my design!
And off course all people who I might forgot to thank in person!

Also not to forget the sponsors who made this all possible.

Thanks again for being an integral part of this process.
-Peter Brands (L3p)

Redharbinger
Redharbinger Facebook
My Facebook

Congrats on all you've accomplished. Now is time to spend some quality time with the family. I wish you the best in the future. Long live Redharbinger.

One of the finest mods I've ever seen not just because of the creativity, but the fact that it's pretty practical in that it completely frees up desk and floor space. A+++

Sorry for pulling this thread out of the dust .. :)

Wanted to let you guys know 'L3p D3sk' is still alive.
After 3 years not changing anything it was time for an upgrade, re-install and clean-up.
Here's a little log about it

Hopefully it can last another few years :)

Thanks for the updates. I remember watching this build and was a great inspiration for my much smaller build. ,

Awesome! I see Darth Beavis using you Red Harbinger desks. Nice!

Back