Project L.O.S.I.A.S. - A modified Sugo like no other...

craigbru

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello all! I thought I'd post a few teaser pictures of my latest project. I set out to build a Sugo that was one of a kind, and although I'm not quite finished, I'm certain I've succeeded. There were some very specific goals that I had in mind with this mod. It had to be rock solid, completely functional, great looking, and guaranteed unique.

To pull this off, I wanted the following:

- Nvidia 8800 GTX's in SLI
- Custom aluminum face
- Custom fan controller
- 3 hard drives
- Coolit Freezone CPU cooler
- Xenarc 7" touchscreen LCD
- Internal USB hub supporting bluetooth, a wireless adapter, and a USB memory stick for ReadyBoost
- A few more things undetermined...

Here are a few pics of my results so far....

img24309qm.jpg

img24315ef.jpg

img24353ax.jpg

img2455uh3.jpg

img2468yx4.jpg

img2493ey1.jpg

img2512ef6.jpg

img2520mr3.jpg

picture004lp5.jpg

picture020ka1.jpg

picture025mr6.jpg

picture026th0.jpg

picture027ad3.jpg

picture029bh0.jpg

Full work log here...

wow dude this is the coolest, best looking mod i have ever seen, and its on a sff case!!

I have been watching your thread on Sudhian for a while. Haven't posted anything, but I think it is really cool. Can't wait to see how sexy it turns out.

I have been watching your thread on Sudhian for a while. Haven't posted anything, but I think it is really cool. Can't wait to see how sexy it turns out.

i saw it there too, it looked sick. i cant wait till its done

Just read the wrok log. I gotta say thats the finest SFF mod I have yet to see in the PC world. Very cool! :eek:

Nice work craig...I've been following this on the Sudhain board too. Can you tell me where you bought the low profile Seagate drive? I've been looking around for it but can't seem to find it (especially since most stores don't provide pics).

Nice work craig...I've been following this on the Sudhain board too. Can you tell me where you bought the low profile Seagate drive? I've been looking around for it but can't seem to find it (especially since most stores don't provide pics).
lol thats wat i was wondring

Thanks. I bought the drive at Newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16822148230

You're right, none of the drives are listed as low profile, and the pics are all the same. I had to reference the specs on Seagate's website in order to find it. The largest low profile drive is 160 GB, and it is the one I listed above. I hope that helps!

Wow, very nice built you have going.

I do have a couple questions though. Do you have any idea how hot your harddrives will run up there? I also noticed that you're using a non evolution case, so are you going to use the 60mm fan to cool the hard drives / help exhaust the hot air from the top of the case?

edit: I just looked closer at one of the pics and noticed the very corner of the fan peeking out.

The hard drive temps currently hover in the low 30's. Although I don't have the cover modified yet, I have ran for short periods with it on. I have fans directly to the front and rear of the hard drives that 'tunnel' the air moving from the front to the rear. It's one of the reasons I chose a non-evo case. I wanted the fan on the rear to help move the air. This next week I hope to get the cover done, and should be able to get an accurate idea of normal operating temps.

The hard drive temps currently hover in the low 30's. Although I don't have the cover modified yet, I have ran for short periods with it on. I have fans directly to the front and rear of the hard drives that 'tunnel' the air moving from the front to the rear. It's one of the reasons I chose a non-evo case. I wanted the fan on the rear to help move the air. This next week I hope to get the cover done, and should be able to get an accurate idea of normal operating temps.

Those are some nice HD temps; I guess those drives just run cooler than my 7200.9's which hang around 38C~ish.

Sorry to say, but I think the front looks really bad. You should have carbon fibered the face plate as well. It's really ugly the way it is.

To each his own... :D

I personally love the contrasting aluminum and black/carbon fiber. That's just my thing. In addition, the aluminum panel is pretty much modular. I can pull it off and replace it with new panels fairly easily. Since I can switch colors and designs in the future, this is a box I plan to hold on to for quite a while.

Back