Project Krakatoa: Silverstone TJ08 Black build

Firelord

Limp Gawd
Hi guys,

thought i'd show off my new TJ08 in black as it's been built and I love this case!

I have had a Shuttle SN25P, X-QPack (which most components in this build) and now the TJ08B and the TJ08 is defo my favourite followed by the X-QPack.

Well here's the SN25P vs X-QPack

compare1.JPG

compare3.JPG

I don't have any of my build 'Pack but it was a good case and I do like it but a tower is better for me at the moment and having build a colleague a system in a TJ08, I had to get one!

So here we go:

ss1.JPG

Interior shot - Great component layout with plenty of space and easy to to get a tidyish cable job on the go. The HDD placement makes it a bit awkward to totally get it clean but good enough.

ss2.JPG

Front 120mm fan - As you can see all cables have been spiral wrapped for neatness. 120mm fans are silent and prob pushing 50ish CFM. Both fans have free airflow due to only having wire grills!

ss3.JPG

Interior front - That front 120mm fan is right inline to cool that 7900GT graphics card :D Means that plenty cool enough. I have used thumbscrews for ease and works well

ss4.JPG

SATA Drives - SATA drives allow for easier cabling and works quite well imo

ss5.JPG

7900GT and VF900Cu - Fantastic card and fantastic cooler... 42c under load :D Dust is a problem! This build is about 2 weeks old! (bit worse than it should be cos of ceiling collapsed in house so caused a lot of dust!)

ss6.JPG

Side grill - The reason for the dust! keeps the card cool though

ss7.JPG

Side grill 2 - you can see why the graphics stays cool!

ss8.JPG

Front shot - Nice simple front with plenty of ports. Front 120mm fan does have a foam filter behind that grill to minimise dust.

Love this case and my current system. System is rock solid and very quick. The dual core opty cooler (with SS FN82 fan) allows 2.9Ghz from an Opty 146 and Foxconn 6150. On a stock FX55 cooler was getting 2.8GHz and higher temps, the stock dual core cooler 2.85GHz and fan swap 2.9GHz. Lovely :)

Would recommend to anyone for a performance system without the costs and without a hulking case!

Cheers

I really like those TJ-08's, they look like neat little cases.

Nope just my camera giving dodgy photo! perfectly straight!

Thanks guys :) this case has a lower temp than my old Akasa Eclipse 62 could ever muster! defo my fav case of all time so far. Would be nice if it was all alu

Back