Project: It's moving and upgrade time for the black and blue hard line build

KnishofDeath

[H]ard|Gawd
Last year I built a black and blue themed hard line 6700k system in the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv TG edition. I have decided it's time for an upgrade including some larger living quarters (with beefed up cooling) and going SLI. I am also considering a CPU and Mobo upgrade but that hasn't been decided yet.

Here is the build in its current form:

_MG_3239.jpg.c20a81ca4edf79c9c4f479c49df53236.jpg.2b49fdb7f0889fb5effab0ec26f0d479.jpg

And the first modest parts order arrived today:

But there are many more exciting parts on the way. Here's a teaser:

5970012f119ad_CaseLabs.JPG.7153f8176404c4dd89b6d034f855a7db.JPG

The original version of the Phanteks build was my first time using rigid tubing, but I have learned much along the way. I am striving as close to perfection as possible for this next build. Hope some of you will follow me along the way.

Mods: I realized this morning I posted this in the wrong sub forum. Feel free to move it to build logs. Thanks!

The case arrived today as did the 2nd video card.

I dismantled the gpu GPU loop in my current build in order to test the card (it was bought used) and make sure it works. So far so good. Running Heaven Benchmark for an hour without any stablility issues.

I have some video editing to do for work tomorrow but I will most likely finish assembly on the case. More pics and parts coming tomorrow.

Made some progress today. Assembled the case, installed the front fans and mounted the reservoirs. Drilling into a $700 case is a bit nerve racking, but I am happy with the results.

Before I drill a pass through hole in my expensive AF case, does this fill port idea look good? Thoughts?

Made a lot of progress today...

Decided to buy a new mobo and CPU and sell the old ones. This has the added benefit of giving me a working computer while building the new one.

Installed the waterblock on the second GPU and then installed the mobo.

Also installed the 360 rad and 560 rad.

Alright, last update until tomorrow.

The pass throughs for the pumps are installed. 2 more pass throughs to go.

It's alive! Far from done and had a mini crisis with a faulty EK FC Terminal that leaked like a sieve. Still have a ton of work to do including either redoing the tubing for the GPUs or seeing about a replacement terminal block from EK . I also need to clean up the wiring a lot, install my SSDs and figure out something with the wiring for the lighting which is a mess. I also need order another set of GPU cables from Cable Mod. Long 4 days working on this and a ways to go but it's always good to see a computer boot the first time, water leaks aside.

Decided to go with a more modest hardware upgrade to better fit the theme so I picked up a Z270 ROG Maximus IX Formula and a 7700k. Motherboard is running great although I had to use the funky perpendicular M.2 slot as the M.2 standoff for the standard slot was missing from the package. Why isn't this just installed under the cover plate exactly?

Drilled and tapped M3 threads on the motherboard backplate cover to mount Phanteks SSD mounts.

There is still a little bit of work to do on the build but it's about 90% done.

Comments, critiques and suggestions welcome.

Here are some teaser shots:

_MG_3266.jpg.26f25361b134c0a0eba7a543687e1439.jpg

_MG_3268.jpg.04b9c176ae0079787f13bd30d18722ac.jpg

_MG_3270.jpg.fb53069d7dc1c2530e8968eb88c73fec.jpg

_MG_3278.jpg.955b6d0dbc1dafc9ef3130de4bcc0247.jpg

Made some progress today. Assembled the case, installed the front fans and mounted the reservoirs. Drilling into a $700 case is a bit nerve racking, but I am happy with the results.

You know what makes me feel more comfortable doing this, though, is that I know, for a fact, I can replace that exact part with a readily available replacement.

Back