Project: Feeding Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea, but by the time your done your upgrade, youll have to tear down cause your a gen or two behind :p

HURRRRRRRYYYYY :p i want to see more pics :p im sure we all do :D

Scroatdog said:
By the Beard of Zeus!!!! An UPDATE!!!!

Sorry I missed this post. :eek: Yeah it seems amazing, but FF is being built in such a way to accomodate newer technology. Once I get back to work I intend to get a pair of the 7900 GTX's and a FX processor, so it will be pretty much a KICK ASS machine. :D

Hi top nurse :)

Must say, its a great system you got going there :) .

But what Im worried about is the time this project is taking, would the time its done the hardware be obsolete?

This will (IMO) leave no time to enjoy the hardware.

Not saying your doing anything wrong, just saying :) Also, have you checked that motherboard works? lol.

All the best with your project and I hope you keep the same standard of work.

Top Nurse said:
Sorry I missed this post. :eek: Yeah it seems amazing, but FF is being built in such a way to accomodate newer technology. Once I get back to work I intend to get a pair of the 7900 GTX's and a FX processor, so it will be pretty much a KICK ASS machine. :D
it better be an FX 60 and it better NOT be running at 200FSB :cool:

MMMM GTX

I'm going to be in a nsg home by the time this project is done.

...and you will be my nurse. :D

jk btw. We all know this takes a backseat to life. But only by a hair.. :) :D

it'd be cool if you could mod an IV pump or the new smaller EKG machines. What an awesome mod that would be.

Noni said:
But what Im worried about is the time this project is taking, would the time its done the hardware be obsolete?

This will (IMO) leave no time to enjoy the hardware.

Not saying your doing anything wrong, just saying :) Also, have you checked that motherboard works? lol.

Thanks for the nice nice. :)

Never checked the MB as it has a 5 year warranty. :p Having to take off the MB one more time would not be difficult as I have done it 20-30 times already. :D Actually this board was chosen because it allowed me to UG to the X2 processors as I always buy hardware that has some upgradability to it. It is also important to keep in mind what you plan to do with the hardware so I figure it will last me at least 5 years before the next UG cycle. BTW, I'm not into UG every cycle as it would be too expensive for the little amount of gain. Thus I typically UG about once every couple of years to get the most bang for the buck.

FF has been about the building of it more than the using it.

0mega said:
it better be an FX 60 and it better NOT be running at 200FSB :cool:

MMMM GTX

FX xx whatever is the best at the time I get it. Perhaps the new 5000+? :D

Pkirk618 said:
...and you will be my nurse. :D

it'd be cool if you could mod an IV pump or the new smaller EKG machines. What an awesome mod that would be.

You best hope I'm not your nurse as I work in the place where life and death is but a moment away. :)

Now a modded IV pump would be hot to use as the cornerstone of a outside system. Hmmm.... I wonder if I can talk them out of a pump. :D

hospice huh?

Where I work, our orthopedic unit uses a the cryo cooler like units. These coolers are attached to tubing via a pump which moves water to a cold pack type padding for cooling purposes. Of course the padding would be used for reducing inflamation and things like that (I'm thinking a warm CPU :)). Funny thing, once they're used--they go into the trash. I wish I kept one or two, I think I could of made something useful. I mean, it came with it's own pump--damn.

sort of like the unit lower on this page but much smaller.

http://www.medcomgroup.com/cryo.asp

I was thinking, dang, there's gotta be other uses the computer enthusiast could make from it. :)

Critical Care :D

I have seen something called a Polar Flow or something like that. It looked like a small cooler with a pump built into it and circulated cold water to the patient. Most often used after laminectomies, hips, or orthoscopic knee surgeries. I said the same thing, but I am always leery of bring things home from hospitals after they sit on the floor. :eek:

Now the really hot ticket is one of those cooling units that are used in ICU enviroments where we control via a thermal probe inserted into a body cavity to gauge core temp. Those units will cool very rapidly though they are kind of big. ;)

GOOD GOD! THIS THREAD WAS STARTED A YEAR AGO!!!

Nice work though, I suggest WORKING FASTER

I have thought that OFTEN. :D However, the trouble with all this is when you have a preconceived idea of the way you want to do things and something goes a kilter it takes time to come up with a viable solution. The wiring is just such a problem. :(

Top Nurse said:
I have thought that OFTEN. :D However, the trouble with all this is when you have a preconceived idea of the way you want to do things and something goes a kilter it takes time to come up with a viable solution. The wiring is just such a problem. :(

I have a viable solution....

Lock TN in a room with her computer, parts, and tools. Have a little doggie door for sending in a plate of food and a drink three times a day. Dont let her out until the project is done! :D

well, im glad you love nursing. My wife and I are both nurses--she literally hates it though. She's still trying to find her nitch. When she does, hopefully she'll enjoy the jpb and the money.

fenton06 said:
or the next...or the next? She postd that almost 2 weeks ago...anyway...this project rules, but real life comes first.

she ? i thought Top Nurse was a he
:confused:

a little bump in hopes of updates? Maybe some new pics even if you haven't done much. i thought you were gonna finally start the modding part.

money in nursing is great. But, the hours can suck and the work is plenty tiresome depending where you are. She'll be back with money in hand and more on the FF I'm sure.

I hope.

I'll take it off her hands if she's done with it though lol.

checking her profile, shes on once in awhile... so shes still alive and kicking... even the project is dead.

TN is alive in the WC forums. Mostly the New Aqua-computer discussion thread.

(In Garbled Computer Voice)

I have taken Top Nurse and FF hostage. If you ever want to see TN or FF again send $1.21 to Majin! Are you writing this down?
If not write it down I am not repaeting my self.... NO Don't write down this part, just the part about giving me mone... Awe forget it!

Hmm.. $1.21 for Top Nurse and Feeding Frenzy to return.. not a bad price.

Would you like it to be in an unmarked briefcase, loaded into the back of an armored car, and the transaction to take place on an AN-225 flying over Soviet airspace, at which point after the transaction has taken place, a deathray made by an evil North Korean would start to destroy entire fields?

Ok too much James Bond.

I think Top Nurse working on her evil scheme to hold the world hostage using sharks with lasers on their heads for.....ONE MILLION DOLLARS [end Doctor Evil voice].

Scroatdog said:
This mod is never going to get finished....................

Yes it is, but I have been spending a lot of time here in the ICU lately fixing peoples problems. Also been installing vBulletin for a friend and I need to make more money to spend on more and better hardware and german watercooling. :D

Top Nurse said:
Yes it is, but I have been spending a lot of time here in the ICU lately fixing peoples problems. Also been installing vBulletin for a friend and I need to make more money to spend on more and better hardware and german watercooling. :D

I highly recommend finishing the build on the case, and spending all your money on the expensive german watercooling first. Then buy and put in all the new hardware.

I assume why you need more german watercooling in the first place is because AM2 doesn't have the same mounting system as a64. I haven't been looking lately, does aquacomputer even have AM2 WC yet?

(goes to look)

Yes, AC has retention for the Cuplex XT and AM2. It's a few bucks, but at least you won't have to ghetto it.

Scroatdog said:
This mod is never going to get finished....................

Well if you have doughts,you could start a Top Nurse fund..and she could stay home more finish the project and you'll be happy..... :D :D :D :eek:

I'm sure TN is working very hard to get huge sums of money so that she can upgrade to AM2*

*Not! She is working so that she can buy more AC stuff. (7950 GX2 + AC WB anyone?)

boof said:
I'm sure TN is working very hard to get huge sums of money so that she can upgrade to AM2*

*Not! She is working so that she can buy more AC stuff. (7950 GX2 + AC WB anyone?)

HAHAHA.......maybe :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back