Stellar Blade formally Project Eve

While a PC version was mentioned when the game was first revealed in 2019, it seems to have become a PS5 exclusive since then. There is no mention of a PC version anywhere under its final name, Stellar Blade.

Looks almost as derivative as Rise of the Ronin. It strikes me as just a mishmash of other games.

Arguably that's what Ghost of Tsushima was, and it turned out pretty good.

Sure. This (and Rise of the Ronin) might end up being good games, they're just lacking in originality. Tsushima was definitely a good game...although in spite of getting like 90% of the trophies for it I only barely remember anything about the story, characters, etc. It's just kind of a blur in the back of my mind that's trying to meld with Nioh, Sekiro, Tenchu, and Assassin's Creed.

Sure. This (and Rise of the Ronin) might end up being good games, they're just lacking in originality. Tsushima was definitely a good game...although in spite of getting like 90% of the trophies for it I only barely remember anything about the story, characters, etc. It's just kind of a blur in the back of my mind that's trying to meld with Nioh, Sekiro, Tenchu, and Assassin's Creed.

You are not wrong...but, at least for me, gameplay is king and that is what I remember from each of those games. I am rarely enthralled by a story

Lefty journalists are apparently losing their minds over the character design.....makes me want to play it more.
https://x.com/TheCriticalDri2/status/1755639774495277567
https://nitter.poast.org/TheCriticalDri2/status/1755639774495277567
1707496409456.png

Mmmm plot.

I might try this on sale, if it still looks interesting 6-12 months from now.

Demo is quite nice. It's way harder than I thought. I thought it would be a Nier-like but it's very much a Sekiro-like with a focus on parrying. It also has the trademark attack delays where the enemies wind up, pause for x amount of time, then unleash their attack. So it's all about memorizing attack patterns and timings. I'm actually really glad they released a demo because a lot of people thought this was going to be a hack and slash like Nier.

Two complaints:

1. There's no death animation. After dying your character remains standing, looking perfectly healthy, and then the "you died" screen shows.
2. Music, while absolutely fantastic, gets repetitive. The same song repeats for 90% of the demo.

Looks ok but nothing I haven't seen before really. Black Myth Wukong looks way better.

it just blows my mind that people like Reset Era and others of their ilk do not understand that the people buying these games are the majority and people like them are the minority. It's basic biology. Beautiful people attract interest and no matter how much they try to shame others it will never change.

I'm giving the demo a go. It's just another action game, like Devil May Cry or Nier, with the usual asian tropes, with epic random slow mo and cheesy zooms during cutscenes.

The only thing they're complaining about is that the women are hot and not trolls or masculine looking.

I guess I'll download the demo just gotta remembert to play it tomorrow I'll make a note of it on my whiteboard.

This game is bad everything is cliche melodramatic Japanese music. Focus on posterior in 3rd person the only thing I like about it is the draw distance but nothiing much more.
You want a game similar to this but better pick up Forspoken from last year at least you don't have a grounding sword and can flip and run like crazy.

Last edited:
This game is bad everything is cliche melodramatic Japanese music. Focus on posterior in 3rd person the only thing I like about it is the draw distance but nothiing much more.
You want a game similar to this but better pick up Forespoken from last year at least you don't have a grounding sword and can flip and run like crazy.

Thanks I now know I can safely ignore any game suggestion you even make.

I'm all about social justice (like, ACTUAL social justice, not virtue signalling) but I Kind of want to buy this game just to piss off the all the oppression Olympics gold medallists.
If it was available on PC, I would. I do not have a PS5.

Back