Project: Epiphany - Finished after a year and a half's work

DAE_JA_VOO

n00b
What's up guys

A few days ago i finished a mod i've been working on since the beginning of 2006. I worked very very hard, and now it's finally complete. I called the mod Epiphany.

So let me give you guys the background about this mod before i show it to you.

A few years ago i read a CustomPC magazine and saw the ORAC machine in it. It was really the most amazing mod i had ever seen. To this day, i still believe ORAC to be the most amazing mod. So i decided to do a mod of my own. This was the first real mod that i was to do, and i had absolutely no modding skills whatsoever.

I didn't, however, want to make my case exactly like ORAC. I just wanted it to look similar. I even spoke to Peter himself and he gave me all his best wishes, and wished me luck for this mod. I still need to show him. hehehe.

Anyway, here it is. Let me know what you guys think ;)

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

IMG_3606.jpg

IMG_3607.jpg

IMG_3604.jpg

IMG_3605.jpg

And one last time.... full case pic:

IMG_0178.jpg

The eject buttons in action

Can't believe i'm finished :D

Let me know what you guys think ;)

While I've never been a fan of acrylic cases in general, I really love what you've done here. Good work!

Wow, excellent work.

As for the "cable management" comment above, I believe it all counts toward the aesthetics of the project. I love it.

That is a beautiful mess, Is there a system in the case? I can't see it if there is. Great work though.

Very awesome.. but the cables look like the sentinel robots from The Matrix. :p

Fantastic work! I also remember that earlier case mod. Great tribute to a few awesome wiring concepts.

Thanks guys :D

Yeah, there is a system in there:

Athlon FX60
Asus A8N32- SLI Deluxe
2x XFX 7800GT SLI
2x 1GB Mushkin Redlines XP4000
3x 160Gb SATA HDDs

The loop specs:

Swiftech G4
2x DangerDen Maze 4
DangerDen D5
Coolwave Dual 120mm Raddy
2x Asetek HDD Waterblocks
2x Coolwave reservoirs.

WOW... that has to be the best looking thing i've ever seen... you must be very artistic to vision that before you started the project...are all them cables being used or are they there simply for the finished look.. All i can say is a good well done, you passed with fly'n colours... A* :)

You've managed to take all the stuff that made ORAC so nice, improve on it, AND make it original.

cheers.

Excellent case modding... very nice. As for my air-cooling and wiring instincts... :eek:

Good thing thats water cooled!

*edit: hardware specs??

that is some nice craftmanship.

while i personally dont like the cable/tubing mess at all, it is still some great work what youve done there!

Great project. it shows the ORAC inspiration but holds its own just as strongly as the original. i see where you are coming from with the wiring job and i really like it.

I recommend everyone look at the linked youtube video he posted.

The Matrix called, they want thier computer back.

Nice, but man that is a lot of cables.

you said you talked to the guy who made ORAC, do you know what kind of acrylic he used? I'm looking for similar green acrylic.

Absolutely beautiful. I love the effect the "messy" wires bring. You've done a gorgeous job, my friend.

That is extremely damn cool. I love the vandal switches in the front :)

But...

Good freakin' luck if you ever need to upgrade/repair that thing:D

u gota hide a few cables so we can see that there a comp in there and il give u 10/10 lol

DAE, been following this over at PCFormat and gotta say congrats again, looks wicked. Can't wait until Endorphin is done! :D

Back