\Project\ Desktop HTPC - Streaming Media, Movies, and Music in a small form factor!

UrbanSmooth

Limp Gawd
Just a teaser for now:

img0363w.jpg

Components:
CPU: Pentium G620
Mobo: ASUS P8H61-I
RAM: G.Skill 2x2GB DDR3 1333
SSD: Samsung 64GB SSD
Storage: Samsung Spinpoint F3 500GB (to be added later, perhaps)
ODD: Lite-On CD/DVD burner
Sound/Video: Onboard (for now, may upgrade...)
PSU: PicoPSU 150XT
4-Pin Male Molex to Dual SATA connector
LCD: Acer H274HLBMID Black 27"
Rosewill RC-CIX-01 BK Mini-ITX case
Rosewill 25' white CAT6 ethernet cable
Sennheiser HD201 headphones
Orange (not the color) keyboard
Logitech MX518 mouse (love the feel)
XTRAC PADS Ripper XXL Mouse Pad

Also:
New desk
New office chair
New office chair mat (kinda works)
V7 4-outlet surge protector

And that wonderful old lamp...

Stay tuned for build progression updates and answers to any of your questions, comments, arguments, etc. LOL!

Last edited:
LOL, actually, it was around $100, got the cheapest one that I could that fit the need. It turned out quite well!

Finally got the build finished up today, I was running the stock PSU that came with the case and no optical drive. I installed Linux Mint 10 KDE via a USB thumb drive, and everything works flawlessly! Internet connected right away, didn't have to install any additional drivers or support (other than temp sensors, which I am STILL working on). And the new monitor is free of dead pixels! What a quick, snappy, little hassle-free build.

Here's our Mini-ITX motherboard, all 6.75" x 6.75" of it with the Intel stock cooler installed:
img0397fn.jpg

Top of the case with the top off on the new desk:
img0398ms.jpg

Plenty of room, soft edges (no cuts!), 80mm exhaust fan in the back (very silent):
img0401q.jpg

Side of the case with the stock 150W PSU:
img0399wx.jpg

Back of the case, note the PCI slot with cover:
img0400zx.jpg

No Dremel required for PicoPSU outlet :D :
img0404az.jpg

PicoPSU connector coming from the outlet:
img0403v.jpg

PicoPSU 24-pin connector and RAM clearance:
img0402z.jpg

Plenty of airflow, lots of room for more drives:
img0406fpy.jpg

Connections on the SSD side:
img0409er.jpg

I also made a video on the sound levels of this build, including the sound levels of the Intel Sandy Bridge 1155 stock cooler:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmHeutnIon0"]‪Intel Sandy Bridge 1155 Stock Cooler Noise / Sound / Volume‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Fun build, nice and quiet. Put everything together in roughly 2 hours. Primary use: Star Trek TNG DVDs, future DVD releases, YouTube, and music. Linux Mint 10 KDE works well, and the Pentium G620 is just enough to keep up with everything. All-in-all, I give this build a 9/10, it could use a little more juice, but, for the price--roughly $700--It's not bad.

Back