Armenius

Extremely [H]
Reveal trailer posted on PlayStation Europe's Youtube channel today. Looks like they are moving toward the Forza Motorsport/Gran Turismo formula with this one. Either that, or they're finally giving more attention to the career structure. Looks good, either way.

Interesting they showed it on the PS4. Still looks good though. I don't see much improvement over 2 though, unless I am missing something drastic.

Interesting they showed it on the PS4. Still looks good though. I don't see much improvement over 2 though, unless I am missing something drastic.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I see absolutely nothing improved based on this trailer, aside from what looks like super basic "tuning" (all they showed was wheel options.)

That is a shame. PC2 was always one of my favorite sim racers. Something about the view model inside the car and just how it felt on the road was my favorite.

Those graphics also look worse than PC2.

That is a shame. PC2 was always one of my favorite sim racers. Something about the view model inside the car and just how it felt on the road was my favorite.

Those graphics also look worse than PC2.
Don't misread the article title. They said nothing about dumbing down the driving physics, just that they are no longer taking a sandbox approach to the game structure. For multiplayer races you still have the option to completely customize races.

I hope so!

I know PC2/3 will never be in the league that iRacing is, but something about iRacing just isn't that fun. It takes wayyyy too long to get into a Quali/Race for how much time I have.

I hope so!

I know PC2/3 will never be in the league that iRacing is, but something about iRacing just isn't that fun. It takes wayyyy too long to get into a Quali/Race for how much time I have.

iRacing fills a particular niche VERY well, but yeah, if you don't have much time (or time is available in short bursts) then it's practically impossible to enjoy. On the other hand, if you DO have the time, nothing else compares in the realm of competitive, realistic multiplayer racing.

The reviews on Steam for this are pretty bad. I like the concept. It seems like a Gran Tourismo style game.

Has anybody tried it?

The reviews on Steam for this are pretty bad. I like the concept. It seems like a Gran Tourismo style game.

Has anybody tried it?

No, and I refuse to since they shit all over the Project CARS idea by turning it into a mediocre Shift 2 sequel.

I've got 200+ hours into Project Cars 2.

After watching some videos and reading reviews, this is a really sad hard pass for me.

I just don't understand what they were thinking with this. Especially with how popular eSports has become for racing sims.

Truly a shame

Unfortunately it looks like this game needs a little more work, I'm going to wait and see if the price has dropped during the winter sale.

No, and I refuse to since they shit all over the Project CARS idea by turning it into a mediocre Shift 2 sequel.

As a "racing sim" fan, I get this. However, I miss games like some of the early NFS games, or the early Gran Tourismo games. Since I've only got really old consoles (and no wheel to use on one if I had one anyway), there really aren't any good alternatives.

As a "racing sim" fan, I get this. However, I miss games like some of the early NFS games, or the early Gran Tourismo games. Since I've only got really old consoles (and no wheel to use on one if I had one anyway), there really aren't any good alternatives.

That's perfectly fine, but they should never have called it Project CARS 3 then. That was their biggest mistake of all.

Back