Project CARS 2

I agree with your points about the AI and tracks, but the game is still one of the most enjoyable I've played from an actual driving perspective. I don't get the impression of a lack of mechanical grip at all. Quite the opposite, actually. I think where this game struggles the most is with tyre grip, surprisingly. The developer has been constantly tweaking the tyre grip since the first patch for the first game and they have never been able to get it right for all cars.
What other grip is there than tyre grip? Mechanical grip is the low speed portion of grip when downforce isn't much of a factor, that's where the game feels the worst.

Does anyone here play? I just bought a G920 and have been heavily getting into this game. Mostly to get ready for track season in real life.

This game didn't really come alive until I started delving deep into the car setups. The baseline setups really aren't that great for any car in my opinion.

I went from qualifying online in the 20-30 range, then after a week of tweaking, I'm usually between 5-15 qualifying now.

It also helps I'm playing on a 49" 3840x1080

Last edited:
So I started this game after being absent from it for at least a year. I even went the length to get my pedals in order for proper clutch usage...
And then I realized the clutch is not modeled in the game at all. The "auto-clutch" option in the menu is just for decoration, all it actually does is whether the game lets the car stall when standing still.
You can still change gears in cars without using the clutch as the game automatically disengages the clutch and takes its sweet time to re-engage it after shifting.
I can't even use it to get a good launch because as soon as I put the car in gear it starts crawling like an automatic even if the clutch is completely depressed.
Such a disappointment.

So I started this game after being absent from it for at least a year. I even went the length to get my pedals in order for proper clutch usage...
And then I realized the clutch is not modeled in the game at all. The "auto-clutch" option in the menu is just for decoration, all it actually does is whether the game lets the car stall when standing still.
You can still change gears in cars without using the clutch as the game automatically disengages the clutch and takes its sweet time to re-engage it after shifting.
I can't even use it to get a good launch because as soon as I put the car in gear it starts crawling like an automatic even if the clutch is completely depressed.
Such a disappointment.

I haven't played in a while but I don't think that's accurate. Check all the options and assist settings again.

I haven't played in a while but I don't think that's accurate. Check all the options and assist settings again.
It is accurate, I searched on the net and there are tons of posts complaining about the same thing. They even mention that it was done properly in Project Cars 1, so maybe you're confusing it with that.

It is accurate, I searched on the net and there are tons of posts complaining about the same thing. They even mention that it was done properly in Project Cars 1, so maybe you're confusing it with that.

I think the way it works is, if you don't use the clutch, the game will wait until revs are matched to the requested gear (basically it's clutchless shifting for you.) In other words you are losing a little time depending on the car and gearing etc due to waiting for the revs to match if you aren't clutching. If it's a car with very close gearing the difference is neglible.

Also many race prepped cars use "dog box" transmissions that are not intended to be shifted with the clutch. NASCAR cars are one such example but there are many. But anyway, I've been meaning to reinstall PC2 so I'll check it all out again.

Somebody made a real S550 Mustang instrument cluster work with Project CARS 2. Even the digital gauges and MyColor settings in the OSD work.

Back