Project Cars 2 Game is Stunning in New Porsche Passion Trailer

cageymaru

Fully [H]
The upcoming Project Cars 2 game has a new Porsche Passion trailer feat. Patrick Long. The game looks absolutely stunning during the trailer, and the cockpit simulator that Patrick Long commands is ridiculous! In other words I would love to have one in my home. I do hope that Simply Mad Studios has improved controller support for the game as sometimes I just don't feel like dragging out; and setting up the old Logitech G27. Are you excited for the second iteration of the game? Do you have a racing wheel, controller, or mouse and keyboard to play the game with? Watch the trailer in 4K if your connection is fast enough. There is a McLaren 720S trailer out also.

...personally I'm a bit put off by the promotion of the second game. They're blatantly advertising DLC, even prior to the game's release, which makes me think the focus of the developers is more on lucractive constructor orientated DLC that they'll charge for. The ultra editions too are laughably expensive.
I'll reserve my judgement for the it though, until it's released - but to get me interested they will need to radically improve the game's physics & force feedback - as compared to another racing simulator that I use (which is a favorite of many high level motorsports teams) the first game feels very dead in terms of a road feedback & suspension and tyre feel etc.
I also e-mailed the developer about including options in the second game to control online games and who can connect to race you setup and host - as I find with this game, being cross platform, you tend to get quite a few younger players and being honest - a lot of them act and behave like morons on the track. It's quite obvious to me in the first game who's using which style of controller, based purely on watching their cars in the track camera views and the difference in on track behaviour is quite distinct to me.
...so I'm kind of interested - but not overly optimistic it will be much of an improvement on pCars 1 - which is a shame, as it had a lot of potential. And obviously my comments are my opinion - others may differ and from my perspective - each to their own.
I'm more interested in physics and how the game drives and feels rather than graphics these days - I've been playing racing sim's for over 25 years - so I'm kind of picky and I feel you should put your money where your mouth is. I'll happily support developers I like, but I'm not going to give money to a developer that I feel has the wrong focus. And to answer your question - I use a Logitech G29. Not the best wheel around, but probably the best bang for your buck and more than adequate for excellent results (I'm familiar with racing sim sites that have put cheaper wheels up against the crazy multi thousand dollar ones and there's no difference in results - although I fully appreciate there is a level of difference in the quality of the components etc).
I'd like to be proven wrong though...and time will tell one way or the other :)

VR vr, vr vr vr.
Cant wait to play on Rift.
I hope they have fixed joypad control so its not over sensitive.
And they make use of Nvidias single pass stereo.

I am not really a racing game fan, but I have to say, these recent racing games are absolutely stunning and look extremely realistic.

I haven't even had the chance to try VR yet, but I think VR would be a great addition to racing games - you're seated and your hands are on the controls so the opportunity doesn't get much better than that. FPS is pretty important for racing sims though so that would have to be pretty solid.

That said, that motion sim he's in would be even better, but you could probably buy a brand new Cayman for the same price.

I hope the physics are better than PC1, it couldn't hold a candle to iRacing in terms of realism.

I'd love to get a motion sim, but even the cheapest is in the 3k range which is more than the rest of the av and computer equipment in my man cave combined, projector and Oculus included...

It is, however, much cheaper than racing for real. One race weekend in our chumpcar runs ~$2500, not including the cost to build the car or any damage repair. One track day in a Ferrari cost me over $5k for a total of 10 laps when an oil line blew...

Maybe the motion sim is a bargain, now that I think about it....

Fuck all that, just fix the AI. I bought the game to play in VR, in my very first race, 2 cars in front of me crash into each other for no fucking reason and one goes flying over my head. Was it cool for VR? fuck yes. Was it cool overall? Fuck no, because the AI just crashes into shit for no reason. I played 3 races and gave up.

Reactions: M76
like this
Fuck all that, just fix the AI. I bought the game to play in VR, in my very first race, 2 cars in front of me crash into each other for no fucking reason and one goes flying over my head. Was it cool for VR? fuck yes. Was it cool overall? Fuck no, because the AI just crashes into shit for no reason. I played 3 races and gave up.
The worst part of the AI was that they would take some corners unrealistically fast, no way you could match them in speed, then slow down to a crawl for another, which you could take with twice the speed.

PCars was great fun in VR assuming you were doing time trials or laps.....if you were actually trying to play the game, aka: Career Progression, completely different animal.

I've only seen one stupid ai crash and that was last week. It was coming out of the pits, 2 cars seemed to want to be in the same place approaching an off track obstacle.
One hit it causing the other to crash and block the track.
On repeated reloads the very same crash happened over 50% of the time.

The ai is dim.
Many times cars drive through me as if I'm not there.
Other times, as I approach them they hugely overreact and swerve away.
So yeah, I hope they fixed that too.

Still doesn't support DX12 - hopefully they fix the issue where you downshift and the car starts swimming like a fish (insta-traction loss).

How would that help?

A new game being released in 2017, 2018 should be supporting DX12 or Vulkan - especially one like this which has a pretty good budget. The game already has performance issues when it rains in the game and favors NVIDIA (DX12, or Vulkan should level that playing field - can't blame it on the drivers at that point).

Last edited:
A new game being released in 2017, 2018 should be supporting DX12 or Vulkan - especially one like this which has a pretty good budget. The game already has performance issues when it rains in the game and favors NVIDIA (DX12, or Vulkan should level that playing field - can't blame it on the drivers at that point).
How do you know Dx12 will help?

Still doesn't support DX12 - hopefully they fix the issue where you downshift and the car starts swimming like a fish (insta-traction loss).
I haven't played the game but I do race cars. If you downshift without rev matching you can very easily lock the rear tires and have pretty instant traction loss. Not sure how the game deals with that though.

Back