Project: Batman Begins (completed!!!)

masher said:
Which is as it should be. Businesses that don't put profit first don't survive.

Businesses that don't put customers first don't survive. Profit before customers, and in this case, fans, means no more business. Too many companies fail to make that distinction. In this case, Qtip isn't profiting from his design (maybe a mod competition or two at the most), it's not like he is selling his design and earning an income from the Batman symbol.

OT: I'm glad to see you working on this again Q, I am terrible in that, if I lose momentum like you did, my project ends up just sitting there.

Got a hold of some perforated steel today and cut it down around the power supply. I'll have pics tomorrow night some time. Gonna get a wifi card and see if the shop computer can pick up the router in the house as a temp for the webcam. 300+ feet :D Might need a more than just a card heh.

Qtip42 said:
Got a hold of some perforated steel today and cut it down around the power supply. I'll have pics tomorrow night some time. Gonna get a wifi card and see if the shop computer can pick up the router in the house as a temp for the webcam. 300+ feet :D Might need a more than just a card heh.

Get the range extender.
Works awesome!

This is going to be so cool when its done...

What am i talking about? It's already cool! it will only get cooler. :D

holy hell what a beastly looking Tt PSU :D (the multi colored sleeving is a giveaway :D

looks fun :D i cant wait for the finished project :D

WoW I thought this mod was done like 2 months ago is the Movie even still playing in the theaters? Well he did have a bunch of crap to deal with. I guess your compelled to finish. You could still get in on the DVD release and like have the case as a grand prize drawing.

movie schmovie. It's just a case

If you don't already know, modders never stick to a timeline. Things happen....one month turns into six.......you know :D

Painted one of the hard drive mounts today. Need to make some cool thumbscrews for the drives. Got some louvers done on the top of the wings. Started prepping some parts to go to the powdercoater. Never made it to fry's yet. Not enough time in the day.

batman33.jpg

edit: I have a bunch of this perforated metal. If anyone wants some to mod with, pm me and we can work out something for cheaper than what I got it for.

hey man, lookin good! got a question on that metal...im thinking about making a bed frame outa metal like that for the side supports... where do you get it in the portland area, and how much is it per square foot? keep up the good work man! :)

themark said:
More likely they'd pay some lawyer to step on it. Keep away from the studios, their only interest is profit and copyrights.

very good point, dam movie studios.

hot and sexy there. might be intrested in some of that there mesh. but I'm gona have a look around my town first

whew! those look nice....is there a machine that does that? keep it up man, i love the style that you have, not as bling blingy as many modders. keep up the good work man!

Arbor press. Helps to have a hydraulic one. The dies cost a lot though.....

Qtip42 said:
Arbor press. Helps to have a hydraulic one. The dies cost a lot though.....

do you think that people with a little less cash flow could do that with a wood jig and some bfi?

Looking good man. Your best case to date and it keeps getting better with each new pic. keep it coming.

Qtip42 said:

what heatsink is that?
:confused:

is that the one i recommended? doesnt look like it though... just a warning, i wouldnt put a passive video card in that system with that heatsink, fan is inverted and unless its a low profile card, the air may blow right across the heatsink giving you a temp increase :eek:

putting an x800xl in. Don't worry about the airflow, I'm not done routing stuff yet :D

Wow Q-tip i haven't looked at this thread in a long time. That thing is sexy! Great Job man. :eek:

Qtip42 said:
putting an x800xl in. Don't worry about the airflow, I'm not done routing stuff yet :D

i know your not done routing but isolate that evil HSF from the graphics card :p wouldnt want 40+ degree air "cooling" a card now would we? :D :p

I was wondering, where did you get a PCIe riser this is in that position? I'm trying to track one down right now but I'm only able to find the ones that go along the PCI cards area.

CrimandEvil said:
I was wondering, where did you get a PCIe riser this is in that position? I'm trying to track one down right now but I'm only able to find the ones that go along the PCI cards area.

Ya that's what you're gonna find a lot. I just kept inquiring different companies. I wouldn't recommend the company I got it from because they're horrible on service. Took 2 1/2 weeks to send the riser to me. That and I can't even remember who they are.

edit: http://www.bwi.com/product/13019

Nothing special here. 3 fans, probably will all be on 5v to keep noise down. Will also have to find something that will stop any vibration coming from the metal-metal contact. However the black powdercoat could fix that problem too so I dunno.

batman36.jpg

batman37.jpg

if you have any clearance for it, pond rubber can be used to make a good gasket/vibration damper. I've been using it on my HAL9000 Mod to try and keep noise down (hard to do in 2U).

Still looking forward to the completion of this mod.

What would you say your most used/valued tool would be on this mod?

gulp35 said:
if you have any clearance for it, pond rubber can be used to make a good gasket/vibration damper. I've been using it on my HAL9000 Mod to try and keep noise down (hard to do in 2U).

Still looking forward to the completion of this mod.

What would you say your most used/valued tool would be on this mod?

I'll give it a look-see next time I head to home depot (if they even have that stuff).
Most used? It would have to be my sander. There's absolutely no way in heck I could get a straight line without sanding. I've gotta save for a shear sooner or later.

CrimsonSky said:
Qtip you sexy bitch, the updates look great! ;) Wow are those socket head cap screws I see :p

I knew you'd say something. :p All my other stuff looked bland.

SpangeMonkee said:
do you think that people with a little less cash flow could do that with a wood jig and some bfi?

The pressures neccessary for doing a clean cut louver like these is too great to do it with a wooden die and elbow grease. I had some louvers cut for my car by a Furnace and Heating shop near my home. They had a hydraulic press that could cut them really easy. If your metal is flat, it's cheap to get them cut, but complex parts make set-up and alignment a real pain, so that costs more. I actually did one section where I had the louvers cut into a plain sheet of steel, and then had them welded into the trunk lid because this was much cheaper than trying to cut them directly into the trunk. More finishing involved though. Hope this helps.

I missed that question, thanks themark. I used to have a link to the DIY kinda louver stuff but I can't find it at the moment. OR if you are strapped, I'm sure you can take it to a car restoration place. I'm not sure if it's cheap though.

Something is missing........
batman38.jpg

Ah there we go...Still haven't cut out the vent though. Can't decide whether I should punch some slots or just cut out a square and put some mesh. .
batman39.jpg

There's a small difference between the two pictures. It has to do with the case/hardware. First person to name what I'm thinking gets a 120mm fan sent to their door. :D And it's not the blower.

altec said:
Is that video card just setting on the metal. :eek:

Oh, lol, no. I forgot to mention that I had it held in place with a screwdriver underneath (for pic purposes). I didn't have time to mount it completely. :D

And the lower piece of metal (under the video card) is like 1/4" off of the card (using metal standoffs) with holes cut out for the memory. If it starts to get too hot when testing everything, I'll chuck it.

Back