Project: Ammo Lan (ELECTRONICS COMPLETED!! Updated 8-6-04!!), *¡*TONS OF PICS*!*

What about that mousey? What is in its future. (helpful hint: don't try to bake the paint on in the oven if ur a n00b like me)

Nice work. I love that you incorporated the LCD into it.
Does it have a lid that covers the front panel so that you cannot tell that it is a PC?

Hella nice mod man but only a few gripes.

1) Shouldn't there be a bezel or cover of some kind over the monitor slot? Things could easily drop in there and screw over the case. Especially liquids.

2) Doesn't all the connection's on the front right under the monitor bug the hell out of you?/ get in the way of haveing a keyboard there. IMHO I would of put the cable connection's on the back somehow. or one of the sides of the machine.

3) LCD is bad for gameing :(

Otherwise nice work man.

darkmyth said:
Hella nice mod man but only a few gripes.

1) Shouldn't there be a bezel or cover of some kind over the monitor slot? Things could easily drop in there and screw over the case. Especially liquids.

2) Doesn't all the connection's on the front right under the monitor bug the hell out of you?/ get in the way of haveing a keyboard there. IMHO I would of put the cable connection's on the back somehow. or one of the sides of the machine.

3) LCD is bad for gameing :(

Otherwise nice work man.

hey thanks guys. it is really nice to hear praise about this thing since i have poured my heart and soul in to it these past few weeks.

here are my answers to your gripes =P:
1. yes definately that will be coming later though as i am in the middle of a vacation and moving right now.

2. no not really i think that they make the military rugged theme do quite well. besides that was really the only place for them to go if i wanted this to look nothing like a computer.

3. really? i like it and it is alot easier to take to LAN parties.

blasted car tries and me being too poor to afford wireless DSL. :rolleyes:

MrBurritoMan said:
hey thanks guys. it is really nice to hear praise about this thing since i have poured my heart and soul in to it these past few weeks.

here are my answers to your gripes =P:
1. yes definately that will be coming later though as i am in the middle of a vacation and moving right now.

2. no not really i think that they make the military rugged theme do quite well. besides that was really the only place for them to go if i wanted this to look nothing like a computer.

3. really? i like it and it is alot easier to take to LAN parties.

blasted car tries and me being too poor to afford wireless DSL. :rolleyes:

1)sounds good

2) Sounds good, as long as it doesn't bug the hell outta ya. It would bug me of course since I like to have my keyboard and monitor close together.

3) Most to all LCD's have a ghosting affect for gameing. You could be using one of the rare one's that doesn't do this. Some company's got it right, other's just botched the hell outta it.

I know how that goes with other expenses and not haveing any money what so ever.

huh. well im no monitor expert so what do you guys think of the sony SDM-HS73? thats the monitor that iused in this project and it seems pretty clear and crisp. of course im not the best judge of this but i do see good enough so i can tell these things apart.

just a quick question for the general populas. any ideas of how i can make a paint job more rugged? i need this paint not to rub off so easily but ths is hard to do as it is laytex. would an oil based paint work better? im no expert in painting either. im more of a circuit head :p .

Use automotive paint. A laquer i think is what you want. Go to an automotive place like napa or whatever and get some auto paint from them and some clear coat finish. Then do light layers on it, sanding inbetween the layers

Great tutorial.
http://www.pc-workshop.net/articles/paint101/paint101-1.shtml

I bought the wrong paint for my box so if you happen apon my project log don't deter this from you doing this.

-darkmyth

Wow I just read the whole thread. Nice setup man, I've been thinking about doing something along those lines (but not the slide out monitor). Truely unique! Keep it up man!

DS

Back