100_0879.jpg

100_0878.jpg

100_0877.jpg

100_0876.jpg

100_0874.jpg

100_0875.jpg

Comments?
Speak your mind :)

Few things - The drive bays are a bit to prominent in the window - They could be painted black/white to go with the colour scheme. And the lower CD bezel just does not fit with the rest of the case.

Other than that great mod!

SleepWarz said:
Few things - The drive bays are a bit to prominent in the window - They could be painted black/white to go with the colour scheme. And the lower CD bezel just does not fit with the rest of the case.

Other than that great mod!

Yep I agree with both your comments. I'm having a hard time finding paint that will stick to the metal and I also need to find a way to paint that Sony burner. So any paint tips, such as a good brand, would be great.

Isn't the Sony burner's faceplate like a transparent plastic over a painted strip? I guess it'd be kinda hard to remove that lower strip to repaint it, could always just give it a whole new faceplate... Haven't seen anyone mimic that Sony faceplate in a custom mod yet, usually people just strap on some cut Al or the actual case plates.

Impulse said:
Isn't the Sony burner's faceplate like a transparent plastic over a painted strip? I guess it'd be kinda hard to remove that lower strip to repaint it, could always just give it a whole new faceplate... Haven't seen anyone mimic that Sony faceplate in a custom mod yet, usually people just strap on some cut Al or the actual case plates.

Yep there is the top clear strip then the silver strip is molded into the back of the clear strip so theres no painting that.

Yea, too much of a hassle, I'm thinking you could find a similar plastic tho, like the stuff used for some case badges... and make your own. Something to try if yer bored, stealthing it wouldn't look right with the other one above and putting on some cut Al faceplate wouldn't either on that particular case.

Heck I might try this myself so I can put in some kinda lettering or something on my old Creative DVD that I painted black... Looks kinda plain jane underneath the Plextor DVD-RW at the moment. :p

Impulse said:
Yea, too much of a hassle, I'm thinking you could find a similar plastic tho, like the stuff used for some case badges... and make your own. Something to try if yer bored, stealthing it wouldn't look right with the other one above and putting on some cut Al faceplate wouldn't either on that particular case.

Heck I might try this myself so I can put in some kinda lettering or something on my old Creative DVD that I painted black... Looks kinda plain jane underneath the Plextor DVD-RW at the moment. :p
lol yea I guess I'll just buy a new burner...jk. I picked up some engine enamel for my drive bays and I hope it will stick.

jamezzz122 said:
Only one pic is working for me...
Yea photobucket is a little slow right now.

:edit: One of my drive cages is on the oven baking right now lol. It says the paint will cure best when heated to 300F for 2hrs so there it sits baking away.

Hey just FYI if you want to paint your drive bays engine enamel works AWSOME after it gets baked on, I can NOT scratch it with anything :eek:

flat4 said:
it looks good. i would paint the inside white.

Yea I've got some white paint also but I want to see how this black will look first, if I don't like it then white it will be.

stryder2720 said:
Yea I've got some white paint also but I want to see how this black will look first, if I don't like it then white it will be.

my current project project is flat black right now. and it looks pretty good

Black Label said:
cool, thx man
I picked up mine at Frys..but anyway heres the updated pics.
I used Engine Enamel for painting the drivebays then...lol...baked them in the oven @ 300F for 2hrs. IT WORKED AWSOME!!!!! You can NOT scratch this stuff off. Now I need to do the rest of the case.
100_0890.jpg

100_0889.jpg

100_0885.jpg

100_0881.jpg

Ewwww my oven needs cleaning :eek:

It came out sweet, nice job! Wish mine were removable, I'd try that for sure... Too much of a hassle to tape mask most of the csae to paint the cages on it tho. :p

Impulse said:
It came out sweet, nice job! Wish mine were removable, I'd try that for sure... Too much of a hassle to tape mask most of the csae to paint the cages on it tho. :p

LOL yea dont worry I skipped some steps aswell...like removing everything before I drilled out the rivets. Ah life on the edge :p

<--------was in a hurry.

ST|FFY said:
hows that cooler working out for you?
Really good so far. I usally see idle temps at about 40-43c and load at 47c. Only thing is Im afraid to move my PC cause it weight sooooooooo much but other than that I like it. Im about to paint that silver part black like I did my drivebays along with the rest of my case this weekend. Dont worry there will be pics.
~Peace

Back