Programs wont load sometimes

chuckm1020

[H]ard|Gawd
Heres the problem im having. I just bought a new X-Fi sound card. just the music one for $130. I decided to just format when installing it. I used to have an Audigy 2. So i installed the new card. Formatted. I did all the things i normall do. install all the drivers i need. and do all of the windows updates. and install AVG. And i installed the drivers for the sound card straight from the disc. and i checked to updates on the sound card on creatives website. only one for the mini disc i think. I havnt even installed one game yet. Now the computer is being stupid. When i turn it on, it runs fine for a while. Then i try to turn on a program or something, like mozilla or windows media player. and it does nothing. and the hardrive light turns on, and just stays on. and the computer wont open anything after this happends. Then i go to task manager, and check the proccesses. the process will be there that i tried to open. i try to end task it, but nothing happends. only thing i can do to restart my computer. and it takes like 10 min to restart after this happends. it ask me to end task like 5 things for some reason. i dont want to format again and see if that helps. i dont know if thatll even fix the problem. I installed all the same drivers that i usually do. only thing that was different was i went from ati catalyst 4.5 to 4.10 and thats it. Any clues?

well i formated, still doing same thing, it must have something to do with the sound card

update: i noticed when i shut the comp down the proper way after this happends. the only thing it ask me to end task is the EAXmodule. So it could have something to do with this. Could be wrong though. Any ideas?

I only installed the Basic Drivers with my X-Fi.. Fuck all that otheer creative bloatware garbage.

with just the basic drivers can u still enable the 24-bit crystalizer. Also whats a good program to delete all the drivers and software of the sound card so i could give that a try?

Back