Program to make electronics diagram

camay123

[H]ard|Gawd
What are the good electronic diagram designing software.

Are there free one ?
This is kind for a one shot thing so I dont want to spend 50$ for only one or two use.

LMK

Originally posted by camay123
What are the good electronic diagram designing software.

Are there free one ?
This is kind for a one shot thing so I dont want to spend 50$ for only one or two use.

LMK

Heh... $50... $50 won't buy you much when it comes to engineering software. As was suggested, use Eagle. It's not as nice as most of the commercial programs but the "Light Edition" is free for home use (the "Light Edition" is restricted to one or two layer boards with a max size of 100mm by 80mm).

those are for designing circuits and specific circuit layouts etc.

for schematics and simulation, i use orcad pspice student edition,

or i use Switchercad III, which is free and available for download at www.linear.com/software ... small dl too. love it.

Originally posted by plot
those are for designing circuits and specific circuit layouts etc.

for schematics and simulation, i use orcad pspice student edition,
CircuitMaker has gui SPICE simulation :) - one drawback is you can't add new components to the free version. :(

Electronic Workbench is waht I use at school, and with it you can select all kinds of circuits and stuff, and even hook it all up to a virtual power source, and test resistance and that kind of stuff.

another vote for circuitmaker, its very good and extremely easy to use.

I have try a couple and I say Circuitmaker is the easiest for a non-initiated like me :)

I wouldn't suppose any of these would have any stamps as ready-to-use components, eh? That'd make life just far too simple.

Originally posted by PhreakPhy
Electronic Workbench is waht I use at school, and with it you can select all kinds of circuits and stuff, and even hook it all up to a virtual power source, and test resistance and that kind of stuff.

I'm not positive, but I don't think that's free. I can't recall though. If knowledge serves me correctly, you can't buy it anymore, you have to buy a newer version called Multisim.

I personally use Express Schematic and ExpressPCB for my schematics currently. I would like to use a program like Multisim 2001 which is nice but expensive.

Originally posted by Banderon
I wouldn't suppose any of these would have any stamps as ready-to-use components, eh?
:confused: Stamps? :confused:

Do you mean Parallax Basic Stamps? (if so, say so when you post...) If you do, I know that there are libraries for Eagle for BS2s and probably some of the other Basic Stamps...

-special [k]

How would you even do a spice model for a Basic Stamp? You'd have to have a processor-emulator built into your circuit sim :eek:

Back