Program not working from home network

alxlwson

You Know Where I Live
I have a phone/tablet app that will not work from my home network, but works fine from mobile network.
Network is Aris pos TWC modem > pfsense box > Cisco SG110D-08HP > Ubiquiti Unifi UAP. This is not working for neither my Note 5 or the wife's GS7. When we switch over to the cell network, it all works just dandy. I have cleared/flushed the DNS cache on the pfsense box as well as on our phones. I've played around with a couple ports and ip addresses on the firewall rules, but doesn't seem to work. The app is Pokemon Go. We are getting the "Failed to Login" error. I did run a tracert to nianticlabs.com with what appears to be full success.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Is the Arris TWC modem actually a gateway? Meaning, combo modem/router? If so, it's likely already running NAT, and then you have your PFSense box running a second NAT. Some apps don't like double-NAT.
That's my first question. So does your PFSense box get another private IP on its red interface? Or is it getting your public IP? (which would mean your Arris gateway is properly set in "bridged mode"..basically acting like a pure modem.

Is the Arris TWC modem actually a gateway? Meaning, combo modem/router? If so, it's likely already running NAT, and then you have your PFSense box running a second NAT. Some apps don't like double-NAT.
That's my first question. So does your PFSense box get another private IP on its red interface? Or is it getting your public IP? (which would mean your Arris gateway is properly set in "bridged mode"..basically acting like a pure modem.

Yeah, I've turned all of that off. All routing and wireless has been turned off, and it's just a modem.
The pfsense box is getting the public ip.

Hmm...I loved PFSense many years ago when I used to play with it, and was bigtime into online gaming. There's UPnP under...geeze I forget, a services drop down menu? Did you flip that switch on? There was also some apple-ish based thing similar to UPnP, NAT-Mapping or something...should be right next to it..fip that on.

Hmm...I loved PFSense many years ago when I used to play with it, and was bigtime into online gaming. There's UPnP under...geeze I forget, a services drop down menu? Did you flip that switch on? There was also some apple-ish based thing similar to UPnP, NAT-Mapping or something...should be right next to it..fip that on.

I flipped it on. Seems I need to build an ACL for it. Can't find a list of all the IPs and ports used for the game.
Fox News app is having same behavior.

Back