Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. Amazing.

Godmachine

[H]F Junkie
I love both game series. Professor Layton tickles my puzzle urges and Phoenix Wright is just hilarity. Its been in development for ages (4+ years) and it shows. Polish galore and really well translated.

I've been playing since release a few days ago and its been great. Level 5 is a great studio (for those that don't know them they did Ni No Kuni) and they mixed these two franchises together expertly. The story isn't anything new but you don't really play either franchise just for story.

The puzzles are still pretty satisfying (a bit easier but I think that's because of the audience mix up) and the trials are really funny. So much humor during the trials. Even really clever humor that isn't zoned past western audiences.

If you have a 3DS and enjoy puzzles and the weirdness that is Phoenix Wright then I highly recommend this game. Its been one of my long awaited plays.

Best part? Its only $29.99. Its worth $39.99.

Love the layton games. Never got into phoenix wright. Should i pick it up?

Love the layton games. Never got into phoenix wright. Should i pick it up?

Yes. Even if you've never played a Phoenix Wright game , this game does a great job introducing you to that kind of gameplay and it easily blends.

Its a very fun game.

Back